Quick question? Ask here!

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've always wondered if that's from some unreleased demo, or if he wrote that before the show.

Mike said it was from a verse he had written "years ago." Might have even been a pre-Xero thing, Mike's mentioned he was a big "keystyler" as a teenager.

• 3 weeks later...

Is it true that Mike confirmed "A Thousand Little Pieces" as the fourth album's name?

One of the proposed titles for Minutes to Midnight was inspired by the book "A Million Little Pieces." The actual title wasn't specified, just that it was something from the book that Mike thought was a good title.

That was in early 2006 when the band was still saying the album would "definitely" be out that year.

Edited by Astat

I remember people calling the album Trials and Tribulations.

That's what we guessed it was when Chester said the title was going to be "T______ and T______" but it turned out that the title they were considering was "Triumph and Tragedy" / "In Triumph and Tragedy" / "Triumph In Tragedy." That was going to be the album title until Chester happened to watch a History Channel special about the doomsday clock.

Does anyone know what the cover art of A Thousand Suns is supposed to be?

It's some kind of explosion/nuclear-related thing that ties in with a lot of the album's lyrical themes. I always thought it was supposed to be an atom splitting, but that's just my guess.

...Or it could be Pedobear firing his lazer.

Yeah I figured it was tied into the lyrical theme of nuclear war and such, I see the explosion and the light being shot at you through the paper, but I also see a bird, and anything else's weird my mind comes up with after staring at it. I think it's open to interpretation like Ducko said. And whatever it is, it somehow amazingly goes well with the album theme, it's so bland but it's really nice, I wonder what new listeners think of it. And the way they made the disc art go with the packet and the backing paper is pretty cool.

Any news on a "A Light That Never Comes" remix? I want those stems.. Lmao.

I was listening to Bang Three today off of LPU11. I'm sure this question has been answered before, but was it ever said if there were demo vocals or not? Would have sounded so cool with vocals - I think Mike said that as well in the LPU11 notes. Obviously they did end up putting vocals to it because it became one of their biggest singles ever (WID), but I imagine there must have been demo vocals that were different and fit this demo more.

I was listening to Bang Three today off of LPU11. I'm sure this question has been answered before, but was it ever said if there were demo vocals or not? Would have sounded so cool with vocals - I think Mike said that as well in the LPU11 notes. Obviously they did end up putting vocals to it because it became one of their biggest singles ever (WID), but I imagine there must have been demo vocals that were different and fit this demo more.

That is one of the cases where in my opinion they edited vocals out. Surely Chester laid down demo vocals.

What I've Done went from not existing to fully-completed song/planned first single in the span of like, a week. The album was done, Warner didn't feel like it had a song strong enough to be a lead single, so Mike went home and wrote one. Mike also confirmed in an interview that the vocals on What I've Done were recorded at his home studio, which made them the first "demo vocals" to make an album (they've since recorded a bunch of other vocals at Mike's place that made it onto albums).

Pretty sure the vocals on the album version of WID are the only vocals that song ever got.

Does anyone know what the cover art of A Thousand Suns is supposed to be?

I think the ATS cover symbolizes a blinding light from an explosion, hence the whole nuclear war theme of the album.

I've always assumed what Geki's said, although I guess it could also be tht you're not meant to know/there is no meaning/open to multiple interpretations

I think the ATS cover symbolizes the worst cover ever.

but it has the best sleeve/liner art ever.

the ATS deluxe vinyl package has an alternative CD-size booklet with even more cool art in it too, mostly variations on the standard release but still.

ATS is my favourite album art-wise

Definitely the worst LP album of the 5, but it's still great.

I don't like how they printed the lyrics.

Anyway my question is: Has LP paid Rick Rubin the same amount for each record he produces? If so how much did he charge? I'm curious. The information might not be available though, I realize.

I don't like how they printed the lyrics.

Anyway my question is: Has LP paid Rick Rubin the same amount for each record he produces? If so how much did he charge? I'm curious. The information might not be available though, I realize.

I don't think it's general knowledge as to how much he gets paid for working with LP, but I imagine it's a lot, since Corey Taylor for Slipknot said they had to pay him a ridiculous amount of money and he was hardly there. He might cost more for different artists, though, so who knows. I also imagine that they probably pay him around the same price for each album, but MTM may have costed more because it was the first time they worked with. Who knows.

I don't think it's general knowledge as to how much he gets paid for working with LP, but I imagine it's a lot, since Corey Taylor for Slipknot said they had to pay him a ridiculous amount of money and he was hardly there. He might cost more for different artists, though, so who knows. I also imagine that they probably pay him around the same price for each album, but MTM may have costed more because it was the first time they worked with. Who knows.

That's exactly what made me wonder lol, Corey Taylor's quote. I read an article about Rick the other day which mentioned a band he produced which I had never even heard of, so he probably charges more for bigger names. If Corey Taylor considers Slipknot's fee a horrendous amount of money, I'm pretty sure a band just starting out wouldn't be able to afford that.