Quick question? Ask here!

Guest Inky

We did get some stuff for the MTM sessions, but I would absolutely love to hear stuff like demo versions of the MTM tracks (21 Stitches, Accident, Ebow, Pictures, Patients (Chester Version), Japan, and also the seeds and other demo titles have awesome names. What did we get so far?

Announcement Service Public

QWERTY

Fear (LOATR Demo)

Across The Line

Drum Song (TLTGYA Demo)

What We Don't Know

Pale

Pretend To Be (Was originally a MTM seed, right?)

YO

Bang Three (WID Demo)

No Roads Left

Blackbirds (Was originally on MTM DVD)

Not Alone (Was originally a MTM seed, right?)

So a good amount of stuff, but I'd love to have more.. Originally MTM was going to have 17 tracks but they cut it down to 12 during the final stages of release, also. I'm guessing the other tracks for the album were No Roads Left, Blackbirds (Because they had strings done for it), Across The Line, What We Don't Know and POSSIBlY Pretend To Be?

Also, a discovered something the other day. That song ''What We Don't Know'''s demo title was ''Song C (You Don't Know)'' I'm assuming. The title is very similar, plus it was one of the songs that started from Brad, and he said so in the LPUX newsletter.

Edited by Inky

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The problem with Pretend to Be is that it's marked as 2008 on the LPUX disc, and the five songs that were cut presumably were completed and ready to go, but instead were cut just before release. I'd agree that Across the Line, No Roads Left, and Blackbirds could be three of them, and What We Don't Know is a likely candidate for number four due to it being a complete song marked as from 207, but Pretend to Be surely isn't. Unless the years are inaccurate.

"Pretend To Be" does sound a little "Bleed It Out"-y (in terms of the guitar style)

Maybe the date is wrong, and the "Accident" title comes from Brad playing part of the song wrong...?

hell, I'm just guessing here, no real proof [awaitAstat] :P

in which case I can see why it was labelled as "2008" song

EDIT: to be fair, I don't see why they'd be writing while on such a big tour as the MTM schedule

Edited by LGraham

Brad's Wiki page says that he uses JHAudio JH16 In-Ear Monitors.

I thought he only used the ear-defenders and nothing else...?

is Wiki wrong again? :lol:

Edited by LGraham

Brad's Wiki page says that he uses JHAudio JH16 In-Ear Monitors.

I thought he only used the ear-defenders and nothing else...?

is Wiki wrong again? :lol:

Yep. The whole reason for the headphones is that Brad has like, hyper-sensitive ears, so if he could actually tolerate wearing IEM's, he wouldn't need the headphones. LP also has wedge monitors on the sides of the stage solely for Brad, because that's about the only way he can hear the monitor mix (the other 5 guys are all on IEM's).

• 2 weeks later...

Yep. The whole reason for the headphones is that Brad has like, hyper-sensitive ears, so if he could actually tolerate wearing IEM's, he wouldn't need the headphones. LP also has wedge monitors on the sides of the stage solely for Brad, because that's about the only way he can hear the monitor mix (the other 5 guys are all on IEM's).

yeah I knew Brad was the only one not on the In Ear mix, thought it was a little odd that it was being referenced on wikipedia (and surprisingly specific!) I just edited the page to take out the reference to IEMs.

Forgive me for interrupting the convo, but I have a question:

Where do people get the audio/videos of full concerts?

no worries man, it's not interrupting!

most of the full audio shows are released "officially" from http://downloads.linkinpark.com/ you do have to pay for them, and we don't post links to them here for that reason. any links to audio on this site are recordings from audience members.

full videos are either from TV broadcasts/Web streaming/etc. or again, footage that audience members have taped

:)

Hey everyone, quick question!

I am not a member of the LPU, but I have considered to join with the sole purpose of getting an M&G. The show I am attending will be May 30th, so my question is: If I join the LPU now (like, today) is there any hope of still getting the M&G?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there, also not a LPU member. When i join LPU, is there a chance to get all LPU CDs ? I 've been listening now for a couple days on YT and now i have to get em.

You can buy some of the previous LPU CDs in the online store, yeah. Most of the older ones are sold out though...the ones that are still available are 5, 7, 8, and 10. All of the others are available as digital downloads though.

You should update that demo titles list at the top of this thread, Astat.

Holding Company - LITE

One Forty - IMR

Buried At Sea - BID

Piledriver - LGM

Battle Axe - Victimized

Roads Untraveled - RU

Skin To Bone - STB

Apaches - UIB

Tinfoil - Powerless

Edited by Geki

Is Mike's rap verse at the end of And One actually considered part of the song? Or is it like, an interlude of sorts just tacked onto the end of it? Seeing as they never played that part live, it made me wonder.

Is Mike's rap verse at the end of And One actually considered part of the song? Or is it like, an interlude of sorts just tacked onto the end of it? Seeing as they never played that part live, it made me wonder.

With the "keep my distance" lyric serving as a common thread in both the main part of the song and Mike's rap, I'd assume it's all supposed to be one song. The live version of And One was totally different from the EP version anyway, even if you don't factor in the absence of the rap part at the end. I've always assumed they re-worked the song at some point between the HTEP and Hybrid Theory.

Apaches - UIB

I think this is not completely correct for Until It Breaks. I remember Mike saying in a interview that UIB is a made from 3 songs. So Apaches is maybe just one of those 3 songs? I know that LPTV says Apaches, but it makes a lot of sense (at least to me) that Apaches is the part we also know as Apaches for the Waiting For The End live intro.

Does anyone know all songs that Chester collaborated on, studio and good quality live? I don't mean stuff like Welcome To The Jungle live, because that is bad quality. I mean stuff like studio songs and HQ live songs.

I remember Mike saying in a interview that UIB is a made from 3 songs.

really? Mike has confirmed this? that might explain why I feel like UIB is three different parts jammed together :lol:

Does anyone know all songs that Chester collaborated on, studio and good quality live? I don't mean stuff like Welcome To The Jungle live, because that is bad quality. I mean stuff like studio songs and HQ live songs.

STUDIO

Walking Dead - DJ Z-Trip

Hardly Breathe - Hydroponikz

State Of The Art - DJ Lethal

Home Sweet Home - Motely Crue

System - Jonathan Davis (composer)

(Morning After - technically billed as "Chester Bennington vs. Julien-K")

LIVE

Yesterday/Numb/Encore - Linkin Park ft Jay-Z and Paul McCartney [Live at the 2006 Grammys]

Technical Difficulties - Julien-K [Live at PR07]

Kick The Bass - Julien-K [Live at PR07]

this is all I can remember off the top of my head for now

Hardly Breathe - Hydroponikz

Are you serious?

It is fan made.

Original song is called:

Handsome Boy Modeling School - Rock and Roll (Could Never Hip Hop Like This) Part 2

feat. Lord Finesse, Mike Shinoda, Chester Bennington, Rahzel, QBert, Grand Wizard Theodore & Jazzy Jay / Knockers (feat. Tim Meadows)

To add to the list:

Cyclefly - Karma Killer

Young Buck - Slow Ya Roll

Chester's vocals are super buried on the Cyclefly track, though. Disappointed me when I listened to it.

The Bill Appleberry Mix or whatever his name was, is much better, you can hear Chester a lot better too.

Anyways, thank you guys. I also wanted to add to the list his cover of Riders On The Storm with Santana and his cover of Wonderful with STP back in 2001.