I Have LPU8

demoncarnotaur

It IS a bonus CD. It's a little bonus for joining LPU. You don't BUY the CD on a shelf. But of course you guys forget all about the actual MEMBERSHIP and focus on the CD every year like it's supposed to be a major release.

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It IS a bonus CD. It's a little bonus for joining LPU. You don't BUY the CD on a shelf. But of course you guys forget all about the actual MEMBERSHIP and focus on the CD every year like it's supposed to be a major release.

see that's the thing, i live in south africa so all those "bonus" stuff like presale tickets and competitions does not apply here. So for me joining lpu is ALL about the package. I mean the forum there is useless. It never stays on topic, i prefer fan forums over it anyday.

So if the package does not satisfy me, im not joining.

Two members banned permanently from the forums, and about 50 warnings dished out. Please adhere to moderator warnings in the future.

Keep your posts intelligent, wether they are good or bad, and please refrain from trolling.

Thanks to all the clean posters. Made my job easier.

Good job! Thanks for continuing my work, after I went to bed. ;)

you know mike said that this was going to be something completly different so idk why everyone is so pissed that there arent any b-sides or demos or anything like that. you should have known that something completly different was coming. now did anyone think it was gonna be this far out in left field, no. but still you have to look at it from the bands view, they were just trying to give the fans something new and different. but hey they are trying and who isnt to say that these songs arent random songs they came up with in the making of MTM. it has been said that the majority of those 150s were crap (not saying these are crap or not since i havent heard any of them yet). did this cd go over as well as they expected, probably not. and as far as them releasing these demos and b-sides goes, we all know that mike read our comments prior to the lpu8 cd coming out so you have to assume that he knew what we wanted (demos, etc). i have a pretty good feeling that if he could put out that stuff, he would have. all we can do now is just sit back, enjoy the cd and wait for next year. hopefully, they will see that their lack of cds with the stuff we want is causing members to leave and they will finally get us those demos that we all want!

I can't believe that those songs are going to be in the new LPU CD. All the songs are new.

Anyway the cover of it looks very funny and a little poor..

All the links were removed and there is no way I can download it and listen to it anymore....

Don't act like a little baby, there might be tons of other places to get links from but NOT HERE.

What the hell are you guys thinking, we don't support piracy here. Or do you want the site closed by Warner? We don't, so we keep an eye on stuff like this in the future.

Don't act like a little baby, there might be tons of other places to get links from but NOT HERE.

What the hell are you guys thinking, we don't support piracy here. Or do you want the site closed by Warner? We don't, so we keep an eye on stuff like this in the future.

Well said! Best post from my POV in this thread, lol.

What you said is a bit confuse for me. What about all those download topics in this forum?

Some peeps ask for, i dunno "it's goin' down" as an example. Then you guys give a link of it, but hey, it's from an album and it's illegal. It's the same for all your dl links from a bunch of shows. People BUY those shows on a DSP after the concert. And it's for free right here.

Otherwise my opinion has changed this morning about all that thing. It's a good point that the band changed their ways for the LPU CD, and i hold nothing against them. They show that they care about what the fans wish. But the bad point it's that there apparently was only Chester & Mike on this CD and those tiny 6 minutes don't deserve to be bought.

And now i like 26 lettaz in da alphabet because it reminds me Ice Ice Baby (Vanilla Ice) and i love this song even if it seems cliché, haha.

Maybe we're not ideal about it.

DSPs is something that nobody else can get.

LPU stuff is exclusive to LPU members. And it's definitely not the thing that should be shared freely.

Maybe we should not allow anyone to post links to any stuff that can be bought on the CDs. I would talk about it with Mark.

This is Mike's post from LPUMB, which is also on the news here. Think dude, think.

And the new LPU sucks as hell. Yeah, it's very funny, but not instead of "normal" LPU CD. They should release it for free on the Internet, or it should be an extra LPU CD, but not the only one in the package. I don't understand why some of you think that it's awesome. After a couple of listenings and a few minutes of laugh you won't listen to it again.

I'll try to say this the best I can.

No, I'm not pissed about it. I somewhat enjoy the CD since I guess that I'm one of the few that actually finds it funny. Yes, I was quite disappointed at first especially since "Bubbles" was the first song I heard, but I literally lol'd at the ending of "No Laundry" and I enjoy "26 Lettaz" alot. Technically, it is new material, but still not exactly what I expected. Although I agree that it isn't really suitable for selling at the LPU price, I think we should still give credit for the effort MS/CB made. Obviously it's not their "best" though.

As for the cover, I personally love it alot, maybe even more than the songs themselves.

I guess it's mainly because I draw things like that all the time and am a huge fan of urban artwork. I'm assuming Mike designed it and I have to give him kudos if he did. Despite the simple appearance, it looks like vector work and that does take while to finish, especially if drawn from scratch. It is funny looking, most of all.

As for my LPU membership, I'll admit right now that I've only joined LPU7 and maybe I don't completely understand all the things that have been said because I haven't been in it long enough. However, the pricing is the main reason as to why I haven't joined for so long, not because I was lazy to join or hated what the fan packs included. I never intended to buy the LPU packs all these years for a couple of reasons actually. For LPU8...I think I'll stick to the online pass. I joined LPU7 with the same thing and I was pretty satisfied with what I got, mainly the pre-sale tickets, notifications, and M&G opportunities. If I really want to upgrade it later, I'll think about it. As sad as this sounds and for the negative criticism I may get for wearing it later on, I'm mainly going for the t-shirt since I've always wanted one and extremely disliked the scissors motif of LPU7.

Plus, we still have to see what Mike says on this matter. (which will most likely consist of a long apology and possibly a better explaination to all of it) It's probably too late for them to do anything about the packs, but it'd still be interesting to see what his complete opinion is and some feedback on our comments. I'm just afraid that it'll be a negative response because of...our comments on his blog. I mean, now I seriously feel bad for him. Even if the LPU has disgraced us, it must suck for him because of all the criticism being shot at him at once and mainly at him alone.

Edited by chihiro923

I guess I should consider myself lucky, because I had NO expectations. I luke Linkin Park purely for their music, and I don't really care if they release something as ''silly'' as this.

I have to agree with Hahninator on one thing though: the rest of the m2m tracks. They said they had about 100-150 songs (in different stages) and they recorded something like 17 songs (I think). Then the question is: ''why would you first give us a live cd, then a 'joke' cd?''. Think about it.

At the end of the day they have tried to do something fun and different afer the responce from lpu v7

and you either like it or not lol, i personally needed a laugh and thats what i got!

but geez was that huge rant really necessary? afterall its just a little bonus, the band dont have to give you anything extra at the end of the day, like alot of other bands i listen to dont give extra music to members of there fanclubs so just let it pass lol :mellow:

Edited by Cleeve

LOL

Well I have been reading everyones post, and all i have to say serously?!?!?!!

Honestly all of us in LPU are the true LP fans, buy all there cds, LPU cds, and tickets to their shows. This is an insult ON THIS BASIS. If they gave us these songs for free as a joke, then more power to them it would be funny, but im not going to pay all this money for some same old black Tshirt and some joke. The greatest insult of all is that they want fans to pay $80 for some plaque and this cd....Straight robery and insult.

I am just so feed up right now, and I have loved every LP album and even M2M and have been down since day one on HT. But seriously after lpu7 this is so unfair, yes unfair. I love jokes and fun, it is the best BUT NOT WITH THIS CD.

Mike has said they have had many leftover M2M demos and stuff, and I swear if LP releses some bsides cd to the whole public with demos and givce this to the fan club, then all I have to say is peace out LP, u have sold out.

I am Praying this is a joke and all fun, but if not this will the worst day in LP and LPU history for many of us.

I wrote it, and this is Mike's post...why are you ask this? (keep on, we want to do the site on english, but i do the translate alone :D )

Mike's opinion modified the viewpoint of many people, according to many people funny the CD. I think this would be funny then 2cd would be in the packet. The shirt is needed, but in this manner a lot those 40 dollar with house delivery.

I completely liked it. I mean, Mike said that it will be completely different. And to me, I don't care that they didin't putted any MTM other songs..

This CD just made my day and gave a good lought doze. LOL xD

And just had this idea. Maybe LP will give MTM demos, other songs for free xD

Edited by WhiteAngel

btw i know this is my first post...the reason is because i just dont state my opinion as often as most do. Just lazy i guess lol.

On the subject-

We ALL know that LPU 8 is not what we thought it would be. And since we all had such high expectations (and NO ONE could see this coming), a lot of us were disappointed. Just because this isnt what we're used to doesn't mean it sucks. It's nothing like a record album, but it isn't supposed to be. The Underground is exclusive, original content that nobody else can experience. And you think if it was really good they would keep it exclusive?! These underground packages are supposed to make you feel closer to LP.

Although This is not the normal music that we are used to, I appreciate it because its something different-and that is what Mike and the rest of the band heard that you wanted. They put a lot of time and effort into this, and you can't even give them the thank you that they deserve? LP has done SOOOOO much for the fans, and nobody appreciates it. Not a lot of bands go the extra mile like LP does. They REALLY care about their fans. I've learned that from past meet and greets. They make us laugh, make us humble, and we all love their music and their talents. So why don't they get recognition for their hard work?

I have to admit, I'm not a fan of the cover art, and I think that is why most of us are upset, really. But its not a big deal. It's funny and it goes along with the tracks. I thought all of them were histerical except bubbles, and idk why its such a big deal. The other stuff is pretty cool too, like the Budclips or whatever they're called. LP is making a huge effort. Nobody is thankful. AND WE JUST HAD FREAKIN THANKSGIVING!!!

I like it. I appreciate what they're trying to do and I support them. It's something new, its entertaining, and its something NO OTHER BAND has done before. I'm thankful for that and I'm thankful for LP and the hard work they put in to things like this, so the fans can enjoy a more personal side of the band that most people don't get to see.

That's all I gotta say.

You are absolut right!!!!!! I agree with you!! Well said!

the thing with the 150 songs that they didnt use was what i said twice. seems noone is even listening or taking note of our posts.

Lol! I did read your post, and this is the second time I replied to you. Seems like you dont pay attention to who has replied to you. This is just the first time I replied to the other person, who is new, so that's why I was so descriptive. I mainly used words from other posts I have read, like yours and others. The thing is that no one really talked furhtur than that!

This is a day late... God, doesn't anyone go to sleep? I need to catch up on the posts.

Mike had to of known this would have happened. I mean cmon, he's a smart guy. After the 7.0 CD sucked SO badly, we had such high expectations for this one. You release something like this and the entire community goes mad. I am still disappointed with this because I don't like the tracks at all.

You either need to put out a quality CD like 2.0/4.0 (actual remixes, b-sides, demos, GOOD live songs), or stop teasing the fans. Don't tell us you recorded 17 MTM songs. Don't put unreleased song clips on the DVD. Don't tell us there's more songs that are fully mixed and mastered and ready to go. If you do that, what do you expect us to want on the LPU CD that has had that same kind of shit in the past? I mean cmon, it's very obvious. If this was like the 3.0 CD then I'm sure a lot more would like it, but for the timing now, it's like we got 2 absolute bullshit releases in a row for the LPU, and a lot of people like me are absolutely fed up with it. I do not like this CD and it was a very stupid decision to release it right now. Will we ever get any fucking MTM b-sides? If they are so self-conscious about their music, then why the hell put something out like this? Come on LP. In fact, nevermind. This isn't even LP. This is 1/3 of LP. And it blows. I am disappointed. So what? I have a right to my opinion just like you do. I like Linkin Park for a reason, and that's the genre/sound of their music. Not something like this. I hate this CD.

For the first time ever on LPLive...im agreein with mark on this.

Im not gonna be like every1 else & ask for the songs cause i don't wanna hear a piece of shit CD like that. Its not jus the worst LPU CD ever...but the worst CD on the face of the planet.

I can't wait to get ma LPU 8.0 package, take out the CD...snap it & burn it.