I Have LPU8

demoncarnotaur

People neglect to realize that they don't owe us anything. Hell, they don't even have to include a cd!

Even if you don't like the cd, or can't realize that they're trying to have a good time, you should at least respect that they did this specifically for the LPU. SPECIFICALLY FOR THEIR FAN CLUB.

where as every other cd has been live recordings or collections of b-sides/remixes, THIS was recorded JUST FOR THE FANCLUB.

How many times have MOST of you complained that they never acknowledge the LPU anymore? And now that they finally do something ESPECIALLY for the fanclub, you rip them a new one!

And i obviously don't mean everyone. obviously. The people who i'm talking about know who they are.

Lighten the hell up. You don't like it? Fine. They tried. You do like it? Equally FINE.

You aren't owed anything.

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People neglect to realize that they don't owe us anything. Hell, they don't even have to include a cd!

Even if you don't like the cd, or can't realize that they're trying to have a good time, you should at least respect that they did this specifically for the LPU. SPECIFICALLY FOR THEIR FAN CLUB.

where as every other cd has been live recordings or collections of b-sides/remixes, THIS was recorded JUST FOR THE FANCLUB.

How many times have MOST of you complained that they never acknowledge the LPU anymore? And now that they finally do something ESPECIALLY for the fanclub, you rip them a new one!

And i obviously don't mean everyone. obviously. The people who i'm talking about know who they are.

Lighten the hell up. You don't like it? Fine. They tried. You do like it? Equally FINE.

You aren't owed anything.

You're making no sense. Even though they don't have to give us a CD, that doesn't mean we shouldn't have standards for it. If they want it to be promoted and be part of the package, they should put make sure that people will like it. Don't forget, this CD isn't free. We pay for it as part of the package.

And I understand that it was recorded just for the fanclub. That doesn't make it good. I know they had the best of intentions, but it could of been so much better. They should of done some basic things such as HAVING EVERY MEMBER IN THE BAND PLAYING THE CD, INSTEAD OF JUST TWO OF THEM. And you don't even know if they actually recorded it for the fanclub. They could of recorded it as part of the MTM sessions. They could of just recorded it on the side for fun. Don't be so sure of yourself.

Oh, and if they would of REALLY wanted to acknowledge the LPU, they would of listened to all the fans and had given us some new music, not this.

No. Thats when ur wrong, if that CD had the european live tracks then i would be happy then cause that would be better :).

yea thats easy to say now that this cd has been released. i guarantee you that if they would have released any sort or live tracks, you would be bitching and saying "idc what kind of new songs that could have given us, just something" it pisses me off that everyone was bitching and moaning how no one wants any more live tracks, which is true. so they give us something new and different and now people are saying that they would prefer live tracks. the only way everyone will be happy is if they released nothing but b-sides and remixes and all that. mike obviously read our opinions of what we all thought about the lpu so he had to have seen that we wanted b-sides and demos. you think that if he could have given us that, he would have. plus like i said before, whos to say that these arent songs that they came up with while making MTM

Mike made a statement about the DSP's in the beginning of this year saying that they don't mind if we share them.

If they're ok with sharing those lives, why they make people pay this? that can be pretty frustating for the guy who bought the show then re-find it a couple of months later for free. It's like wasting money. In my case i never bought a DSP. I speak for people who already bought one.

Edited by Mawloo

Wow...

Seriously guys? You sound like a bunch of pre-teens who can't get their favorite barbie doll at the store.

"Something different than before" is obviously not going to be b-sides, demos or anything we have heard before for that matter. It's your own fault you had high expectations not Linkin Park's.

If I was in a signed band, there is no way in hell I would let everyone hear new material from the new album..because then what happens?

People bitch again.

"I already heard this on the LPU CD WTF CAN'T WE GET SOMETHING NEW?"

Why is it okay for them to release numerous LPU cd's with nothing but "live" material on them (Keep in mind you paid for this too) but you all have to make threads bashing this ONE CD with unique things that LP has never done before. It's supposed to be funny, you were supposed to laugh..get over it.

As far as the money goes? Do you REALLY care how much you paid for it? You didn't seem to care that people upload that CD you paid for all over the internet. As someone mentioned earlier, money comes and goes..get over it.

It's a never-ending cycle, and yes we have to deal with it. I am just stating the obvious.

If they're ok with sharing those lives, why they make people pay this? that can be pretty frustating for the guy who bought the show then re-find it a couple of months later for free. It's like wasting money. In my case i never bought a DSP. I speak for people who already bought one.

But Pooch and Dylan dont edit the shows for free, they have to be paid too. The people paying for it also get shows from other people who also paid for that, it's a sharing circle. Plus if you bought it you get it much faster.

from the lpmb:

Yes, that's fucking sad.

I mean. LP really do care of the fans (at this point i wish everyone has this well clear in his mind), and an artist should make the kind of stuff he wants. It should be like "i make the kind of music i want to make, if you don't like it then fuck off" and not "i make the kind of music my fans want me to make, or they'll be disappointed and will flood my blog with their pointless bitching".

And I can’t get why the hell he had to post his apologies. It was something made FOR FUN. Aren’t they supposed to have fun too?

Plus, it’s a LPU cd. It’s not their next album. We wanted them to surprise us and they did. What do we want more?

---(reply)

Haha thumbs up that's true...People are complaining a lot these days...I think it's great they made something totally different and weird like this haha ...Even though the songs aren't that good, it's still great they did something as totally unexpected as this...Thumbs ups LP...Actually, it's okay that mike apologize, I'm not saying he has too, because he's certainly don't have to apologize for anything, but that just shows he cares a lot about the fans ^^

and my opinion is that this topic is full of stupid people - not a word about RTR and 22 pages filled with shit about "Mmm... cookies".

and one more thing - the CD doesn't costs $30! This is the price of the whole package ;)

I'm sorry, but if you like this cd, you have problems. It's total garbage. Funny thing is, no matter what they put out, some people will defend it. It's ridiculous. What exactly am I supposed to do with this crap??? Blast it in my car???? Come on LP, get it together. Without releasing live tracks they had nothing to offer, so we got this sh*t.

What bothers me most is the effort is lacking in the cd. I'd be a little more understanding if they actually put out a well thought out parody cd. This is just rubbish. Sounds like they made it in well, 11 minutes.

What bothers me most is the effort is lacking in the cd. I'd be a little more understanding if they actually put out a well thought out parody cd. This is just rubbish. Sounds like they made it in well, 11 minutes.

Tell us what you expect. Seriously, what do you want from them? Just curious.

Wow...

Seriously guys? You sound like a bunch of pre-teens who can't get their favorite barbie doll at the store.

"Something different than before" is obviously not going to be b-sides, demos or anything we have heard before for that matter. It's your own fault you had high expectations not Linkin Park's.

If I was in a signed band, there is no way in hell I would let everyone hear new material from the new album..because then what happens?

People bitch again.

"I already heard this on the LPU CD WTF CAN'T WE GET SOMETHING NEW?"

Why is it okay for them to release numerous LPU cd's with nothing but "live" material on them (Keep in mind you paid for this too) but you all have to make threads bashing this ONE CD with unique things that LP has never done before. It's supposed to be funny, you were supposed to laugh..get over it.

As far as the money goes? Do you REALLY care how much you paid for it? You didn't seem to care that people upload that CD you paid for all over the internet. As someone mentioned earlier, money comes and goes..get over it.

It's a never-ending cycle, and yes we have to deal with it. I am just stating the obvious.

I couldn't agree more.

Ok...I've listened to 26 Letters and No Laundry. If you wanna hear my opinion, it's so fucking bad that it's good. Like, it's funny. It sounds like, and very well could of been, put together in like a day. But, it's still funny to me. They did something new and ridiculous, and I don't have a problem with it. It's not too much of a big deal. I'll buy this CD, get a good laugh out of it, renew my LPU membership so that I can still get tickets early and M&G chances, and chat it up with other LP fans. After that, wait patiently for the next LP album, which is sure to be nothing short than awesome. I mean, these guys joke all the time, and they just thought it'd be funny to do a short CD of silly shit. I really don't like the fact that Mike had to apologize to everyone. I truly feel sorry for him and the rest of the band right now, but now they might feel like if they ever do something different again all their fans will hate it and leave them, which I've seen from reading some of these posts. Well, just my 2 cents.

I expected real songs. When did lp become weird al? Did anyone in here start liking lp because of how funny they are? Didn't think so.

Real songs? Next LP album. You won't get brand new songs on an exclusive membership designed for community and meet + greet passes.

Ok...I've listened to 26 Letters and No Laundry. If you wanna hear my opinion, it's so fucking bad that it's good. Like, it's funny. It sounds like, and very well could of been, put together in like a day. But, it's still funny to me. They did something new and ridiculous, and I don't have a problem with it. It's not too much of a big deal. I'll buy this CD, get a good laugh out of it, renew my LPU membership so that I can still get tickets early and M&G chances, and chat it up with other LP fans. After that, wait patiently for the next LP album, which is sure to be nothing short than awesome. I mean, these guys joke all the time, and they just thought it'd be funny to do a short CD of silly shit. I really don't like the fact that Mike had to apologize to everyone. I truly feel sorry for him and the rest of the band right now, but now they might feel like if they ever do something different again all their fans will hate it and leave them, which I've seen from reading some of these posts. Well, just my 2 cents.

Well said. I think it's sad people had to act this way....now LP is going to not do ANYTHING cool. Thanks guys. =/

Real songs? Next LP album. You won't get brand new songs on an exclusive membership designed for community and meet + greet passes.

I'm sick of typing this so I'm taking this from hahinator.

"First of all, Mike did NOT say it won't be a b-side or demo. He said it won't be new Linkin Park album material. Aka shit they are doing off the NEW record. Pictureboard for example is old to Mike. He isn't going to refer to that as NEW. We just had like a 6 page LPU fight about this last night. Mike never said it won't be old LP material aka b-sides off MTM/Reani/HT/CC/Meteora/ANYTHING they've done in the past"

I swear I'm just going to post this in my sig.

Edited by spraypaintninkpens

I'm sick of typing this so I'm taking this from hahinator.

"First of all, Mike did NOT say it won't be a b-side or demo. He said it won't be new Linkin Park album material. Aka shit they are doing off the NEW record. Pictureboard for example is old to Mike. He isn't going to refer to that as NEW. We just had like a 6 page LPU fight about this last night. Mike never said it won't be old LP material aka b-sides off MTM/Reani/HT/CC/Meteora/ANYTHING they've done in the past"

I swear I'm just going to post this in my sig.

Yeah, but he said it wouldn't be anything they have done in the past. That's the key point. They have released b-sides in the past. That was out of the question, you guys are just missing that I guess. =/

Huh? That's uncalled for.

No, he had his point. You are calling me a liar and there is no need for it. He and his staff clearly said that this CD would be unlike anything they have done in the past. Therefore, we can assume that b-sides, demo's etc. was out of the question. It's just the truth. We assumed it would be this great MtM demo album and everyone is pissed that it wasn't. Why can't we just laugh and enjoy the membership?