I Have LPU8

demoncarnotaur

Wow. I actaully listened to half of the album (cause that's all I could download), and I must say, I couldn't stop laughing! I expected somthing much worse, because of you guys, but it's actaully pretty good, and especially hilarious. But if you guys paid $30 for it, then I'm sorry. I hope Mike makes it up for you, somehow, someway, because I'm pretty sure he's that type pf guy. He even apologized to you!

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

some people need to lighten the fuck up. Its not about oh i saved my cold hard earn cash, every song should be a bitchin new song which we have never heard before!!

God, its still LP. its HELLA funny to listen too. 26 lettaz sounds like an parody of fergie and that song has me busting up! God have a laugh. You act like you spent 1000$. Money comes and goes

Ok, I just read everyone's posts and I agree with the majority that say this is not accepatable.

Though I first want to address the people who say we are not "hardcore LP fans" because we don't like this cd. Being a fan doesn't mean we have to like everything the band releases. I think all of us feel cheated. If they had released this for free, then everyone would have laughed and been happy. We're not saying LP can't have fun, but for us to spend $20-30 (I don't know the exact price) for these songs is a bit much. We don't have to pay for LPTV(which these people are comparing these songs too). I don't think that we should have to pay for this. I LOVE Linkin Park,and every studio album they've put out, but the LPUs have been lacking.

Second to all the people who say that we should be happy with this because LP listened to us and didn't put live tracks, is wrong. We also asked for remixes, demos, or bsides. If LP made more than 100 songs for Minutes to Midnight, then they could have put some of it on this LPU.

Though the "fans" who are leaving because of this, aren't fans at all. The hate this is generating is too much. Its a fan cd. You can be upset and mad, but hate.. your not a real fan if there's hate.

I'm not angry or mad, just disappointed. :( I still Love LP.

This CD is pure ownage. LOL I love it...reminds me of their older days for sure...thought they were losing their touch with Ballads to Midnight. Nah..that was a good album but you guys need to calm down seriously. What did you expect? You think they were gonna put up new material that could have been on their upcoming album on the LPU CD? It's music, it's new. They didn't lie...just laugh at it like they are. God you people are too attached to media..it's sick.

Ok, I just read everyone's posts and I agree with the majority that say this is not accepatable.

Though I first want to address the people who say we are not "hardcore LP fans" because we don't like this cd. Being a fan doesn't mean we have to like everything the band releases. I think all of us feel cheated. If they had released this for free, then everyone would have laughed and been happy. We're not saying LP can't have fun, but for us to spend $20-30 (I don't know the exact price) for these songs is a bit much.

But you were fine paying for live songs that we have heard thousands of times? I don't get what you all are so pissed off about.

But you were fine paying for live songs that we have heard thousands of times? I don't get what you all are so pissed off about.

No I wasn't fine with that. I said the LPUs have been lacking. Meaning this one and the last one. I'm not pissed, just disappoined. Please read my whole post before replying.

Though I first want to address the people who say we are not "hardcore LP fans" because we don't like this cd. Being a fan doesn't mean we have to like everything the band releases. I think all of us feel cheated. If they had released this for free, then everyone would have laughed and been happy. We're not saying LP can't have fun, but for us to spend $20-30 (I don't know the exact price) for these songs is a bit much. We don't have to pay for LPTV(which these people are comparing these songs too). I don't think that we should have to pay for this. I LOVE Linkin Park,and every studio album they've put out, but the LPUs have been lacking.

Second to all the people who say that we should be happy with this because LP listened to us and didn't put live tracks, is wrong. We also asked for remixes, demos, or bsides. If LP made more than 100 songs for Minutes to Midnight, then they could have put some of it on this LPU.

Though the "fans" who are leaving because of this, aren't fans at all. The hate this is generating is too much. Its a fan cd. You can be upset and mad, but hate.. your not a real fan if there's hate.

I'm not angry or mad, just disappointed. :( I still Love LP.

Cool! I agree with you with almost everything. One funny thing that I'd like to point out: You joined today, and this is your first post. lol. Yeah, I did too, but I already posted a few times on this thread.

Anyway, I think the only thing I dont agree with you on, isn't really a disagreement. The thing is that I was thinking this:

What if these songs are some of the 150 songs made for MTM?

LOL! It's possible. They always said the songs were "shit", and I think (not sure) if the mentioned they were stupid, and like joke songs. I remembered they were embarrased to reveal it, so what if they finally did. I don't know! Maybe I just grew insane because it's late, or maybe I have a point. Excuse me, if this is a wild and false theory. But that'd be funny.

btw i know this is my first post...the reason is because i just dont state my opinion as often as most do. Just lazy i guess lol.

On the subject-

We ALL know that LPU 8 is not what we thought it would be. And since we all had such high expectations (and NO ONE could see this coming), a lot of us were disappointed. Just because this isnt what we're used to doesn't mean it sucks. It's nothing like a record album, but it isn't supposed to be. The Underground is exclusive, original content that nobody else can experience. And you think if it was really good they would keep it exclusive?! These underground packages are supposed to make you feel closer to LP.

Although This is not the normal music that we are used to, I appreciate it because its something different-and that is what Mike and the rest of the band heard that you wanted. They put a lot of time and effort into this, and you can't even give them the thank you that they deserve? LP has done SOOOOO much for the fans, and nobody appreciates it. Not a lot of bands go the extra mile like LP does. They REALLY care about their fans. I've learned that from past meet and greets. They make us laugh, make us humble, and we all love their music and their talents. So why don't they get recognition for their hard work?

I have to admit, I'm not a fan of the cover art, and I think that is why most of us are upset, really. But its not a big deal. It's funny and it goes along with the tracks. I thought all of them were histerical except bubbles, and idk why its such a big deal. The other stuff is pretty cool too, like the Budclips or whatever they're called. LP is making a huge effort. Nobody is thankful. AND WE JUST HAD FREAKIN THANKSGIVING!!!

I like it. I appreciate what they're trying to do and I support them. It's something new, its entertaining, and its something NO OTHER BAND has done before. I'm thankful for that and I'm thankful for LP and the hard work they put in to things like this, so the fans can enjoy a more personal side of the band that most people don't get to see.

That's all I gotta say.

I will let this be known right now. I have handed out some warnings in this thread, and I hope other mods have aswell. I went to work for a few hours and kept up to date with this thread via my sidekick and haven't been happy with alot of the posts.

I'm going to go through each post accordingly, yea, all 300+ of them and hand out some warnings and bans. You all can have your own opinion on this album, but don't send any death threats to any LP members (regarding a message or two by a certain poster), and if you want to say anything negative related to this thread or LPU8, then do it in an intelligent way.

Thanks to all the staff who have been and are trying to keep this thread organized.

Cool! I agree with you with almost everything. One funny thing that I'd like to point out: You joined today, and this is your first post. lol. Yeah, I did too, but I already posted a few times on this thread.

Anyway, I think the only thing I dont agree with you on, isn't really a disagreement. The thing is that I was thinking this:

What if these songs are some of the 150 songs made for MTM?

LOL! It's possible. They always said the songs were "shit", and I think (not sure) if the mentioned they were stupid, and like joke songs. I remembered they were embarrased to reveal it, so what if they finally did. I don't know! Maybe I just grew insane because it's late, or maybe I have a point. Excuse me, if this is a wild and false theory. But that'd be funny.

the thing with the 150 songs that they didnt use was what i said twice. seems noone is even listening or taking note of our posts.

Sorry for my english (i never learn that), but i have my own opinion, and i want to share this with you.

I was disappointed in the new disk. Altogether not the kind that I would have liked. You have truth, if its funny, don't will be fonny at tomorrow. I was astonished so much in the first moment that my breath came to halt, and I was not able to laugh on it.

I was disappointed in M2M (because Chester looks like a rockstar in the WID's video, but later, the album was so slow, and not in the good way -although later I took a liking). I was disappointed in the setlist of year '08 (in every concert), because they leave out with you, a place for my head, p5hng me awy and papercut (sometimes). I was disappointed because the setlist was same like in '07. I was disappointed cuz the LPU 7.0 was "just another live cd".

I dont like R2R, because i dont watch tv, so i didn't need dvd, and the sound is have in dsp. Moreover because of meaningless things cut up the record on dvd.

Let nobody say that I am not a real fan because I hold out until all of them yet, and I wait for the new album with having confidence, already 8 and a half years.

you know, at first i was listening, thinking of all the hype it was given. i was a little pissed, i will admit. but now im listening again, with an open mind. and i actually think its a pretty fun cd. i'd take it over lpu 3, 5 or 7 any day.

Two members banned permanently from the forums, and about 50 warnings dished out. Please adhere to moderator warnings in the future.

Keep your posts intelligent, wether they are good or bad, and please refrain from trolling.

Thanks to all the clean posters. Made my job easier.

btw i know this is my first post...the reason is because i just dont state my opinion as often as most do. Just lazy i guess lol.

On the subject-

We ALL know that LPU 8 is not what we thought it would be. And since we all had such high expectations (and NO ONE could see this coming), a lot of us were disappointed. Just because this isnt what we're used to doesn't mean it sucks. It's nothing like a record album, but it isn't supposed to be. The Underground is exclusive, original content that nobody else can experience. And you think if it was really good they would keep it exclusive?! These underground packages are supposed to make you feel closer to LP.

Although This is not the normal music that we are used to, I appreciate it because its something different-and that is what Mike and the rest of the band heard that you wanted. They put a lot of time and effort into this, and you can't even give them the thank you that they deserve? LP has done SOOOOO much for the fans, and nobody appreciates it. Not a lot of bands go the extra mile like LP does. They REALLY care about their fans. I've learned that from past meet and greets. They make us laugh, make us humble, and we all love their music and their talents. So why don't they get recognition for their hard work?

I have to admit, I'm not a fan of the cover art, and I think that is why most of us are upset, really. But its not a big deal. It's funny and it goes along with the tracks. I thought all of them were histerical except bubbles, and idk why its such a big deal. The other stuff is pretty cool too, like the Budclips or whatever they're called. LP is making a huge effort. Nobody is thankful. AND WE JUST HAD FREAKIN THANKSGIVING!!!

I like it. I appreciate what they're trying to do and I support them. It's something new, its entertaining, and its something NO OTHER BAND has done before. I'm thankful for that and I'm thankful for LP and the hard work they put in to things like this, so the fans can enjoy a more personal side of the band that most people don't get to see.

That's all I gotta say.

Well said!! +1

i want apologize all members of the forum and maybe lp members for everything i told against them because the cd, i know iwhich get harder in my posts, but i want say which this was what i thought about the cd, you know, my personality is this, and for all those warn me here, sorry for anything which i cursed or flamed :mellow:

Edited by lalalala

i just noticed this, but it souds like chester in his grey daze days (vocally) heard 4 on this site no they're NOT for download here. im gonna get rid of this link now, they just updated the page with lniks to the site XD and im not getting banned from my fav site. :D

Edited by Jug Of Water