I Have LPU8

demoncarnotaur

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, this IS the first LPU CD that's made up entirely of new, previously unreleased content.

And I'm slightly confused...everybody's been begging for a Frat Party 2 or a full version of The Wizard Song for years, everyone loved Barack Your World, everybody loves the silly shit on LPTV, what's so bad about a CD of joke songs?

i think its great if its real and will laugh every time i hear it

You know, this IS the first LPU CD that's made up entirely of new, previously unreleased content.

And I'm slightly confused...everybody's been begging for a Frat Party 2 or a full version of The Wizard Song for years, everyone loved Barack Your World, everybody loves the silly shit on LPTV, what's so bad about a CD of joke songs?

The problem I have is that for 7 years, we have been fed steak. On year 8, they changed the menu without warning. To be specific, I was led to believe that LPU is like "extra" LP. Songs that don't make the albums, tracks that are done differently live, and so on. To make a (short) "joke" CD, and market it as "the same ol' LPU" is bullshit.

If the LPU main page or Mike's Blog publically announces that the CD is a joke, fine. But there are those expecting - at worst - another live version of a LINKIN PARK song, not a Disney version of Tenacious D. I'm not happy with a comedy album, but can settle and compromise if they at least come clean in the next week.

but barack your world isn't to sell, lpu 8 is to sell and is a biggest disappointment of the year

And so was Frat Party. Anyone who bought Frat Party but is complaining about this CD is a hypocrite.

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/5705/lpusb7.png

Guys, do you know what's that in red circle? Is it another cd or something else?

It's a sticker.

Edited by Astat

but barack your world isn't to sell, lpu 8 is to sell and is a biggest disappointment of the year

dude please stop complaining and winging about LPU not being run by you. The tracks of this unconfirmed CD arnt what they lived up to be in your overly expectant mind, so what? crying about it to us or flaming Mike wont do anything. Just lighten up, accept the joke, have a laugh and get on with normal life.

And so was Frat Party. Anyone who bought Frat Party but is complaining about this CD is a hypocrite.

Don't make excuses for the band. "Frat Party" had things like "The Chemist" and backstage jokes, but it also told the story of the band and included all of their music videos at the time. It also was the first of its kind. It would be a different story if there had been 7 DVD's documenting the serious side of the band, and then the 8th was them switching the Deftone's water with vodka. LP did a complete 180, without warning.

It's a sticker.

i have to admit, i know everyone has said its a sticker/cd (stickycd? =P) but its a pretty nice sized sticker. its only just a little smaller than the CD Case so.... i think i might stick that one on my computer =D really does looks like a sweet sticker

I think LP got caught up in the joke of this CD and didnt realize the comunity would react this way.

Exactly what I'm thinking. I really think we need to cool off now. Mike has been let know of how we feel several times on his blog it's time to let up.

I know you wrote it, but someone ask that...i mean...he ask that where he can download this tracks...i dont have 1st and 4th...we dont have best buy. :D But if this is all that they give to us, i dont want to pay anything for this bullshit...this is a short story of: "how we can do 6 song in 5 minutes"... :S