I Have LPU8

demoncarnotaur

Bummer to see the wave of hate starting to wash away. I still am completely let down by Linkin Park thanks to this CD, and still view it as a slap in the face. I hope that next year, Mike takes a shit in a bucket, records it, releases it as LPU9, and people can worship that, too. The band can do no wrong with some of you, and do no right with others, but this isn't a step in the right direction, or what the majority asked for.

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bummer to see the wave of hate starting to wash away. I still am completely let down by Linkin Park thanks to this CD, and still view it as a slap in the face. I hope that next year, Mike takes a shit in a bucket, records it, releases it as LPU9, and people can worship that, too. The band can do no wrong with some of you, and do no right with others, but this isn't a step in the right direction, or what the majority asked for.

the band can do wrong. i.e they could have made this album an album full of Crawling and Breaking The Habit live's. Seriously im sick of those two songs. I do think the album is rather funny and i think the fact people hate it so much is funny. I laugh at their souls for not having a sense of humor. I admit though the CD is really really short and i believe they should release some Downloads for us because as it appears some of the songs are only 1 min long...

For the first time ever on LPLive...im agreein with mark on this.

Im not gonna be like every1 else & ask for the songs cause i don't wanna hear a piece of shit CD like that. Its not jus the worst LPU CD ever...but the worst CD on the face of the planet.

I can't wait to get ma LPU 8.0 package, take out the CD...snap it & burn it.

Wait... you didn't even listen to the songs... and you're just going to take their word for it. You just looked at the title, the looks, read the hate comments, and thought, "Well, they don't like it, that means I shouldn't like it." You don't have to like it, nothing against that, but, you didn't even hear the songs. At least hear them (it's only 11mins), with an open mind, and if you still don't like it, then by all means, you can then rightfully, "snap it & burn it", if you still wish to do so.

You know from the look of the package it seems like its gonna be a sweet ass kit with awesome songs on the CD. when you open it you get this gay little cd case with songs that are meant to be funny but are really just retarded. the cd you should just throw it away everything else is cool.

Hahahha

I actually love this.

So funny, I'm listening to it on repeat. I don't mind if it is an actual LPU, but my friend told me that they read that Mike said 'mmm cookies cd is kinda joke, you will get it as a bonus'

My Brain Hurts :P

post-1238-1227969636_thumb.jpg

hey guys,

I didn't post my opinion to this topic at all...

so here it is... why are you all complaining?

I think this is fucking exclusive stuff and

that's what we all wanted.. exclusive stuff...

I like it and it's really funny to listen too ^^

you can really hear, how much mike and chaz enjoyed

producing this songs....

greets

What you said is a bit confuse for me. What about all those download topics in this forum?

Some peeps ask for, i dunno "it's goin' down" as an example. Then you guys give a link of it, but hey, it's from an album and it's illegal. It's the same for all your dl links from a bunch of shows. People BUY those shows on a DSP after the concert. And it's for free right here.

With the DSP's it's a little different. Fact is that there is no way for anyone to get them all in a legal way plus Mike kinda allowed us to share them between each other. The LPU boards allow them too.

We never supported uploading CD tracks, maybe some user uploaded what u just mentioned, but it was definitely not us.

We are trying to clear all that up with the official side, what we can have here or not. Warner already closed down a site, for reasons I don't want to go in to detail right now, and we don't want it to happen to us.

@wesleyhahn: Please resize your signature, it's too big. And no double posting!

First of all, Mike did NOT say it won't be a b-side or demo. He said it won't be new Linkin Park album material. Aka shit they are doing off the NEW record. Pictureboard for example is old to Mike. He isn't going to refer to that as NEW. We just had like a 6 page LPU fight about this last night. Mike never said it won't be old LP material aka b-sides off MTM/Reani/HT/CC/Meteora/ANYTHING they've done in the past.

With the DSP's it's a little different. Fact is that there is no way for anyone to get them all in a legal way plus Mike kinda allowed us to share them between each other. The LPU boards allow them too.

We never supported uploading CD tracks, maybe some user uploaded what u just mentioned, but it was definitely not us.

We are trying to clear all that up with the official side, what we can have here or not. Warner already closed down a site, for reasons I don't want to go in to detail right now, and we don't want it to happen to us.

@wesleyhahn: Please resize your signature, it's too big. And no double posting!

Quoted for truth. Yes, I'm trying to talk to officials, especially with LP mgmt/Warner/GrayZone about what we can have here. I want them to ok a lot of stuff so that we can have a killer downloads section with 4.0.

We don't support sharing official media. Some people think that you should be able to download CDs to preview them before you buy them. I actually support that but legally, I can't allow you to post official media (aka CDs they released, etc). I just can't do it because I don't want to get sued. You can exchange all the links you want, etc in PMs. In fact, go create a thread where you can request shit, but just don't post official links on the forums. People can reply and PM you with stuff you want. Another forum I am a member of operates that way for official media, so go ahead I'm fine with it. Mike and Linkin Park allows us to share the DSPs/Live Audio. Period. They have said multiple times we can share/trade/upload/etc those shows.

I mean if you want to go make some requests thread somewhere on the forums, be my guest, but we will continue to edit the official media links for obvious reasons. Like I've said before, when someone says no, there's always a workaround. I'm not here to discourage anyone from downloading official LP songs. Do whatever the fuck you want, I mean I downloaded MTM and still bought it. I mean have fun and work around it. Just don't post links on the actual forums. PMs are perfect acceptable.

Thanks. I'm not trying to ruin anyone's fun....I mean I love everyone here on the forums and I like reading everyone's opinions...just know that we have to censor a few things for legal reasons. I sure wouldn't want LPLive to be sued and taken down offline...would you?

Idk about anyone else but I don't want it taken down. I get more news from this site than any other site--even LPs own site lol.

But I've listened to the cd a few more times and it has grown on me a little. I now find the cover to be hilarious, especially the pic of Chester.

I think part of the reason everyone is so ticked is cuz it looks nothing like the rest of the package. Its something that doesn't match LPs hardcore, serious reputation. And now that we see a funny side everybody goes monkeynuts. I actually like these better than some of Tenacious Ds stuff :P

I think Mike deserves an apology from everyone who bashed him...like i said earlier he's gone out of his way so so many times...he didin't deserve this.

And some of you are saying you're pissed cuz you PAY for this and if it is free wouldn't have a problem with it. First off nobody has ever complained about free stuff, and second who said you HAD to go buy LPU 8? It hasn't hit stores yet. How could you be angry about buying something you haven't even purchased yet? makes no sense to me...

I have to agreed totally with you Cbass.

I think they actually have balls for releasing something like this, for being such perfectionists when it's about their music.

No one is forced to renew. I didn't like the LPU7 CD so I just renewed for the online package, it's like 1 buck a month, uuuuh so expensive and you still have the benefits

Wait... you didn't even listen to the songs... and you're just going to take their word for it. You just looked at the title, the looks, read the hate comments, and thought, "Well, they don't like it, that means I shouldn't like it." You don't have to like it, nothing against that, but, you didn't even hear the songs. At least hear them (it's only 11mins), with an open mind, and if you still don't like it, then by all means, you can then rightfully, "snap it & burn it", if you still wish to do so.

I don't give a rats ass, im not listenin to the CD. Its a load of bullshit & some/ or most LP fans know it. LP is slappin the fans in the face for this, live songs from european shows would be better than that shit.

I don't give a rats ass, im not listenin to the CD. Its a load of bullshit & some/ or most LP fans know it. LP is slappin the fans in the face for this, live songs from european shows would be better than that shit.

But how do you know that "its a load of bullshit" if you didn't hear the CD?

What you said is a bit confuse for me. What about all those download topics in this forum?

Some peeps ask for, i dunno "it's goin' down" as an example. Then you guys give a link of it, but hey, it's from an album and it's illegal. It's the same for all your dl links from a bunch of shows. People BUY those shows on a DSP after the concert. And it's for free right here.

Otherwise my opinion has changed this morning about all that thing. It's a good point that the band changed their ways for the LPU CD, and i hold nothing against them. They show that they care about what the fans wish. But the bad point it's that there apparently was only Chester & Mike on this CD and those tiny 6 minutes don't deserve to be bought.

And now i like 26 lettaz in da alphabet because it reminds me Ice Ice Baby (Vanilla Ice) and i love this song even if it seems cliché, haha.

Mike made a statement about the DSP's in the beginning of this year saying that they don't mind if we share them.

I definately understand why you're pissed, but lets say LP DID release live European shows. You would be angry then too, and you would be saying you'd rather have this cd. I know I would. cum on man.

I definately understand why you're pissed, but lets say LP DID release live European shows. You would be angry then too, and you would be saying you'd rather have this cd. I know I would. cum on man.

If the cd were of the unreleased european shows i would have zero complaints. These tracks are uncirculated and would have made some fans happy and not as pissed off at the paltry six track 11 min. joke cd.

No. Thats when ur wrong, if that CD had the european live tracks then i would be happy then cause that would be better :).

I'm sorry, but if you like this cd, you have problems. It's total garbage. Funny thing is, no matter what they put out, some people will defend it. It's ridiculous. What exactly am I supposed to do with this crap??? Blast it in my car???? Come on LP, get it together. Without releasing live tracks they had nothing to offer, so we got this sh*t.

I'm sorry, but if you like this cd, you have problems. It's total garbage. Funny thing is, no matter what they put out, some people will defend it. It's ridiculous. What exactly am I supposed to do with this crap??? Blast it in my car???? Come on LP, get it together. Without releasing live tracks they had nothing to offer, so we got this sh*t.

i know i've got problems haha. it's...decent cd.