It Leaked (ATS/LT/The Hunting Party)

Chesterchaz

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't wanna this album to any other but it sounds like a bunch of tracks LP would release between their albums just for fun.

There are awesome mixes on it, no matter what Mike does it will be a masterpiece because hes a fucking genious but still it is to moderate for a band like LP. I was listening and thinking "OK, that track was decent, I hope the next one will blow my mind off"...but that didn't happen.

I wasn't a fan of MTM but I liked for example In Pieces from the first listening and later I also tolerated Shadow of The Day, but on this one for example Burning In The Skies, I'm speechless...Mike did you smoke something? -.-

On the other side I very like the hip hop parts, awesome scratching from Mr.Hahn, gives me a some kind of confidence that they haven't completely gone insane!

The epic intro (the 2 first tracks, which is cool too) + Catalyst will do an awesome live concert opening I guess.

Has anyone listend to this album with a good headphone on?! I did today when i went to the hospital (my sister is getting a baby today) and wow.. With the headphones on it was one big trip! Way better then listening with normal speakers..!!

Its total crap. Pop, synth driven crap. Blackout could be cool, but they ruined it with all the electronic garbage they threw in. Huge mistake on LP's part with this album.

Are you claiming that Rush is crap because they have electronic influences?

Edited by rav0k

Its total crap. Pop, synth driven crap. Blackout could be cool, but they ruined it with all the electronic garbage they threw in. Huge mistake on LP's part with this album.

Lol huge mistake? Uhm yeah, they made a cd that they really like and you dont. Cant call that a mistake but a matter of taste and opinions!

someone asked if they were going to release any heavy songs on the side like QWERTY, Chester said during the Minutes to Midnight recording process, they went through a very heavy guitar phase and he even said in interviews that the album was going to be the fucking heaviest LP album ever. Then towards the end of the process, they just ended up picking the songs that they felt sounded the best and interesting which ended up being the softest album ever, he said from that point he would never talk about a record until the songs were picked and he felt like jack ass haha.

Mmmh...I'm going a little off-topic here, but it would be pretty insane to hear some of the material from that "heaviest LP period in history" on LPUX... Edited by Qwerty18

how often do you plan to repeat yourself?

how often do you plan to keep on bitching at people who bitch? i think a couple of here don't get that people are angry with this band.

many people here followed the band from its kid's days. it is a big change now and a couple of people (including myself) were still hoping that there could be influences from these old days which most of these fans love. since there aren't any influences (except for a rapping here and there) we are all shocked and angry. i am not saying anymore that it's total crap by them, but it definiatly does not fit in any of my music tastes. and don't tell people to grow up if you bitch as well! sorry, but that's my opinion.

Edited by sckofelng

it definiatly does not fit in any of my music tastes. and don't tell people to grow up if you bitch as well! sorry, but that's my opinion.

Shouldn't you have been complaining during Minutes to Midnight though? This album has more of their roots than that album did. (This is probably why I like it so much.)

Edited by rav0k

Shouldn't you have been complaining during Minutes to Midnight though? This album has more of their roots than that album did.

Well i complaint about the slow songs of MTM too :) But they still had a guitar. If LP had done a album full of their wishes back before MTM it would not sound like ATS either. The band changed, but it can't be possible that there are no more real guitars/bass/drums. It's just ridiculus (to me and a couple others) to hear to a couple of these songs if you know that a band called 'Linkin Park' brought out this after 3 years.

Well i complaint about the slow songs of MTM too :) But they still had a guitar.

Oh okay, well there is still a lot of guitar on this album. There were just a lot of effects pedals (and other sources) used that may have not suited your tastes. There is also plenty of drums and bass. It is just shrouded by electronic sounds. That's not a bad thing for me, as I am a fan of bands such as White Zombie, Mushroomhead and a few other bands that use synthesizers and such.

Edited by rav0k

@sckofelng: Oh gosh listen to the songs for god's sake. You're hearing it, but you're not listening to them.

I don't think that LP has done all that sound just with the computer. I still can hear many instruments and I'm sure LP will prove all the people who claim that there's no guitar or drums wrong! I mean they're not dumb, they wouldn't make music which they could play back on the shows and just sing / rap to it...

i love album all the songs but i think mikes part in waiting for the end sounds like the intro to this kids show i use 2 watch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B402Gfwp5yc but i do love waiting for the end.

i have been a fan for 10 years i loved hybrid and yeah would love another album like hybrid but ATS is a amazing album for the style it is and if lp made albums like hybrid ppl would be moaning how they do the same stuff all the time so lp will never please every fan but the guys should be proud cose they have made a amazing album. and if ppl dont like it dont listen and if ppl like it enjoy it and ignore other ppl

Edited by sian18

@sckofelng: Oh gosh listen to the songs for god's sake. You're hearing it, but you're not listening to them.

I don't think that LP has done all that sound just with the computer. I still can hear many instruments and I'm sure LP will prove all the people who claim that there's no guitar or drums wrong! I mean they're not dumb, they wouldn't make music which they could play back on the shows and just sing / rap to it...

I listened to it all night long, and actually, i've done it as the full ATS experience twice!

And actually i heard guitars, but what does it help if you hear some hissing electronic noises over them?

As I said the band changed. And Stefano, just because you like it and i don't, it does not mean that you have to assume that i did not "listen" but just heard it.