It Leaked (ATS/LT/The Hunting Party)

Chesterchaz

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I loved ATS when it came out and still do. Granted, for about a month ATS was the only thing on repeat all the time. Now whenever I have a 45 minute ride on the bus it's what I listen. Damn, what a great set of songs.

They proved everyone wrong with this album. Simply a masterpiece.

I have kind of a love/hate relationship with ATS for some reason. My favorite LP album is definitely MTM, but I have been listening to ATS a lot lately and I do like it, it's not just my favorite. I may even love it to be honest. I can't wait for the next album though.

If there's discussion for the 1-year anniversary (which I'm assuming there will), I'll make a more in-depth post there, but for now here's what I have to say:

First, I did not download the leak and I never do because I always want to wait until the release day. However, I did listen to The Catalyst, Wretches And Kings, and Waiting For The End when the band released them.

A Thousand Suns is a great example of the sum being greater than its parts, in my opinion. As far as individual songs go, it's probably my least favorite LP album (but still good), but as a whole it's probably my favorite album by any band, because of the experience. Individually, yes, the six interludes seem annoying and almost pointless, but listening from top to bottom, they add a lot to the album.

Also, unlike most albums, i found myself enjoying the slower songs more than the faster ones. Songs like Iridescent and Waiting For The End are great, but I was not a big fan of, for example, Wretches And Kings and When They Come For Me.

I, like most people, would have preferred a lot of guitar. (Blackout with some heavy guitar could have potentially been my favorite LP song ever.) But even without it, this was overall a pretty good album.

• 8 months later...

An almost two year later post, just like I did for the one year later post.

This album has gone through phases with me, if you've seen some of my old signatures, you would understand.

Unlike last years post, I like the album. Unlike, last year where I wrote that too many things went wrong with this album, I like the album. I started listening to it again and like it a lot. It is still my least favorite LP album, but I like it. Burning in the Skies isn't as good as it used to be for me and same with iridescent, but every other song (minus robot boy because I still hate that song) got better. Ever song got better and I love jamming out to WTFC, WaK, Blackout, WFTE, The Catalyst and everything. I don't listen to BITS that much, but it is still a beautifully written song. ATS is also a lyrical masterpiece. While I do like MTM lyrics better, there is no denying that ATS has good lyrics, actually more than good, they are fantastical lyrics. The lyrics along with experimentation throughout the album. The great synth and electronic sounds of the Catalyst still sound very amazing to me. Even better than they used to. Bllackout and WaK are just epic breakdowns and the end part of Blackout is just sung so amazingly. While I do think there were way to many interludes, and not enough songs (plus the fact that I hate Robot Boy), it was still a good cd and it was different. I like when they do something that is different. This album was a step I believe they needed to take, and while it is not my favorite, I still love it and I'm happy we got it.

Edited by Bliss

omg.. don't shock me like this wtf. how did you even get to this thread and think that it's about living things?? it mustve been a lot of pages back in the newswire.

btw, i'm one of those who thinks this album is a masterpiece and lps album best album up to date. i used to describe it as a trip of pure art.

Edited by PizzaPino

• 1 year later...