It Leaked (ATS/LT/The Hunting Party)

Chesterchaz

I agree with sckofelng..every single word he's saying describes what I feel and think.

Damn,open your ears! Do you seriously think that this stuff rocks?

Yes, that's my opinion of it. Edited by Spin

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i listened to it briefly today. it really waste my time away!!! .\/.

man, the album totally suks! it isn't a rock album! :angry:

i found that mike's voice really really disturbs me. this is surely a FORT MINOR FEAT CHESTER & MR HAHN ALBUM, NOT LINKIN PARK! mike's singing and rapping piss chester away. (chester only 30% :( )

after reading the preview of ana few weeks ago, as she said that the style of this shit was like some bands and artists which i don't like (except muse), i started to worry some of the songs will sound bad. however, now i found that i dislike the WHOLE album.

if they make some kind of album sounding like MTM, i dont mind, because i can still find their own style even most tracks sounds different from HT & M. but i found that the band have lost themselvesin this album. they didn't know what they were doing.

also, mike lied, there are no heavy tracks but shitty tracks. in blackout, the soft instrumental and outro doesn't match the screamin at all. rappin in robot boy and W&K is disturbing and childish, i stopped them after half of the song. only catalyst and waiting for the end are good songs.

i cant express how disappointed i am with linkin park. today is the worst day of my life :( :( :(

lp totally fucked themselves up in this album. they'll probably lose lot of hardcore fans.

i hope i will change my opinion after further listening to it...

Edited by guk

Which songs do you mean?

Beside Wretches and Kings..

I would agree that there's not really specific songs that I find amazing to play over and over besides The Catalyst and Wretches and Kings. I prefer to listen to the whole album as it feels like an experience. The other songs have too weird of a structure to play as a standalone track in my opinion but I still think it's great overall.

Edit: Double post my bad.

Edited by rav0k

I would agree that there's not really specific songs that I find amazing to play over and over besides The Catalyst and Wretches and Kings. I prefer to listen to the whole album as it feels like an experience. The other songs have too weird of a structure to play as a standalone track in my opinion but I still think it's great overall.

He pretty much took the words right out of my mouth.

He pretty much took the words right out of my mouth.

I am so disappointed in this album waited forever for it so it seems. Just let down completely, seems like a demo album and that might be a compliment or maybe a score for a movie. Yeah there is like 4 songs that are good, but not much going on in this album. I can't believe this is what they did almost just a side project just to mess around in.

i listened to it briefly today. it really waste my time away!!! .\/.

man, the album totally suks! it isn't a rock album! :angry:

i found that mike's voice really really disturbs me. this is surely a FORT MINOR FEAT CHESTER & MR HAHN ALBUM, NOT LINKIN PARK! mike's singing and rapping piss chester away. (chester only 30% :( )

if they make some kind of album sounding like MTM, i dont mind, because i can still find their own style even most tracks sounds different from HT & M. but i found that the band have lost themselvesin this album. they didn't know what they were doing.

also, mike lied, there are no heavy tracks but shitty tracks. in blackout, the soft instrumental and outro doesn't match the screamin at all. rappin in robot boy and W&K is disturbing and childish, i stopped them after half of the song. only catalyst and waiting for the end are good songs.

i cant express how disappointed i am with linkin park. today is the worst day of my life :( :( :(

lp totally fucked themselves up in this album. they'll probably lose lot of hardcore fans.

You are right, it is NOT rock album. Linkin Park has never been a pure rock band in the first place, and they are not obliged to write a rock album for anyone. They can release a gay club dance album and it's still Linkin Park. The listeners/audience/fans CAN'T define what Linkin Park is. Only Linkin Park themselves can.

Chester is present more than 30%. Most of the time, Mike does not perform his vocals alone but they would do a duet, Chester, then Mike, or vice versa, or both of them together. Mike has some prominent rapping going on, but Chester has a huge fast singing/screaming (which people would call 'rapping') part on Blackout, and a whole song for himself that is The Messenger (that IS a Chester song, the whole 'love is my message' lyrics, the acoustic background and everything)

It's silly assuming that you know what they should do and should not do. This is THEIR band, THEIR own music. In the end, what 'artist's integrity' would be left for them if they only write lazy, easy stuff to satisfy the fans and forget to challenge themselves? You may dislike the album, it's alright, but saying that the band didn't know what they were doing is hilarious. Who are you to judge what they know?

And seriously, dear, get a life. IT'S JUST A GOD DAMN ALBUM. If you hate the album, okay, forget about it, find some other album that you love and blast it on, have a smoke, go out and take your girl to some nice dinner. Life is still good!

Oh well, they lost fans every album. And then gain tons of new fans too. Albums still sell, concert ticket sold out, videos got streamed on MTV, hits being played till death on radio. I have heard it all before. Same shit different day. Tell me something I don't know.

Now that's rejection!!

Imagine slaving over an album for what seems like forever to make it as great as you possibly can and then getting that review the first time you play it to someone.

It took me ages to warm to the catalyst and now I like the song, i listened to it over and over and over to get used to it. But it's weird, when i listen to the album I almost feel like the song doesn't fit too well, it seems the most out of place song on the album!

Now that's rejection!!

Imagine slaving over an album for what seems like forever to make it as great as you possibly can and then getting that review the first time you play it to someone.

I just about died from laughter. :lol:

All of you children who rush to defend this piece of crap are laughable. You sound like someone insulted your mother. Sometimes I forget how young most of you are, younger folks tend to be drawn towards pop music like this. this album will hurt this band in the long run.

I just about died from laughter. :lol:

But I can just imagine the band locking themselves in a cave somewhere recording this album, not letting anyone hear it and then Mike, Chester and co turn up, stick the CD in and let someone else hear it for the first time and the response is

"This is absolute crap, this is the worst day of my life" then walking out of the room.

Can you imagine that? lol Gutted.

Edited by Smarky

But I can just imagine the band locking themselves in a cave somewhere recording this album, not letting anyone hear it and then Mike, Chester and co turn up, stick the CD in and let someone else hear it for the first time and the response is

"This is absolute crap, this is the worst day of my life" then walking out of the room.

Can you imagine that? lol

It was the image of that in my head that made me laugh. :lol: That would suck but it was still a funny thought.

All of you children who rush to defend this piece of crap are laughable. You sound like someone insulted your mother. Sometimes I forget how young most of you are, younger folks tend to be drawn towards pop music like this. this album will hurt this band in the long run.

For the sake of your own defense, name a band that you like that receives no airplay. That's what pop is after all, "pop"ular.

Edited by rav0k

how often do you plan to keep on bitching at people who bitch? i think a couple of here don't get that people are angry with this band.

many people here followed the band from its kid's days. it is a big change now and a couple of people (including myself) were still hoping that there could be influences from these old days which most of these fans love. since there aren't any influences (except for a rapping here and there) we are all shocked and angry. i am not saying anymore that it's total crap by them, but it definiatly does not fit in any of my music tastes. and don't tell people to grow up if you bitch as well! sorry, but that's my opinion.

I'm not bitching at anyone, fyi. I asked him a question, because all he does is repeating himself over and over again without saying anything. Its okay that people don't like it, its okay if you're angry with Linkin Park, thats your business. But just to say over and over again "this sucks!" does help nothing at all. its just venting and senseless bitching. no offense, really. don't get me wrong.

my reaction to everybody's reactions

Posted Image

some of yall act like its NOT okay to like the album. Hilarious

this. people are acting as if you could only like the record if you're really young and overly obsessed with linkin park.

Well I for one am far from being a child, and I think this album is amazing. They took their vision and ran with it. Obviously they still enjoy making music, and they are making the music that they want to be making. That's exactly how it should be, and they did it. Good for them. They wanted to do something with a global feel to it, and they pulled it off.

You don't like it, thats your opinion, but you are also bordering on flaming now, and I am tired of it.

I'm hesitant to review it. Giving it a second listen all the way through, and I think I'll do that a few more times before I pass judgment on this album. The first time I listened to Minutes To Midnight, I hated it. It took me 6 months to fully appreciate it, but it's now my favorite LP album.

That being said, I listened to ATS on some low quality Youtube videos yesterday, and am listening to it in much better quality today. That has definitely made a positive difference.

I really liked the album. Not better than Meteora or Hybrid Theory, but still good. I can't decided if I want to rank it better than MTM or not just yet. I can just stop and jam to more tracks on MTM, but ATS tracks are more memorable and are very unique. I really want to say thanks to LP for putting out four truly amazing albums. This album proves why they are and always will be my favorite band. The did exactly what they said they would do, no matter what anyone said and that's gotta be worth something.