It Leaked (ATS/LT/The Hunting Party)

Chesterchaz

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, I don't have much to add to the ones who have said the album is a masterpiece, and the best Linkin Pärk album to date. I love HT, but my mind was blown with this album, from beginning to end. Everytime I listen to it, I love it more and more. It's just beautiful to listen to it as a whole. The melodies are awesome, and I really appreciate the band's effort to try new things, to experiment with different song structures, and to used everything we know they can do, but in a different way this time. It worked for me.

This journey has a lot of 'moments', being the highlights for me the songs Wating for the End, Iridescent, and The Messenger. I must say the climax for me was the whole band singing in Iridescent. It really gave me chills the first time I listened to it.

I'm highly pleased with this album, and I can't wait to receive my preordered special edition of the album.

I can't describe how excited I am, knowing that I'll be seeing them for the first time in Santiago next month!. I hope they play Waiting for the End and Iridescent, because both songs are already part of my favorite LP songs of all time.

Edited by danielpsoad-09

Well, I don't have much to add to the ones who have said the album is a masterpiece, and the best Linkin Pärk album to date. I love HT, but my mind was blown with this album, from beginning to end. Everytime I listen to it, I love it more and more. It's just beautiful to listen to it as a whole. The melodies are awesome, and I really appreciate the band's effort to try new things, to experiment with different song structures, and to used everything we know they can do, but in a different way this time. It worked for me.

This journey has a lot of 'moments', being the highlights for me the songs Wating for the End, Iridescent, and The Messenger. I must say the climax for me was the whole band singing in Iridescent. It really gave me chills the first time I listened to it.

I'm highly pleased with this album, and I can't wait to receive my preordered special edition of the album.

I can't describe how excited I am, knowing that I'll be seeing them for the first time in Santiago next month!. I hope they play Waiting for the End and Iridescent, because both songs are already part of my favorite LP songs of all time.

Waiting for the end and Iridescent are my two favorite LP songs also. so cool

Legend has mixed feelings on this album. I would consider this the best LP album ever, however, I am still a little bitch holding onto that one last hope of the HT days (When They Come For Me reminds me of it, and it's one of the best songs on the album).

I'll give the album a few more listens. This album is really fucking sick, and I seem to like it more and more with every listen. However, the only thing that bothers the shit out of me is the accents they do in some of the songs.

That shit makes my penis flacid.

Just heard it for the first time... Quite shocked, never expected something like that. Anyway, faboulos album.

Highlights after the first listen:

- Requiem / Radiance (should have been one track though) Completely mindblowing intros

- Waiting For The End

- Blackout (wow :o)

- The Messenger

More later, have to listen to it a few more times :D

The Requiem: One of the best intros I have ever heard. They did an awesome job in engineering Mike’s voice. Really mystic, love it! 9/10

The Radiance: Couldn’t hear a break between these two songs that should be one. The drum beat is pretty nice and the speech fits perfectly. 9/10

Burning In The Skies: Hated the 30 seconds sample but this song turned out really great, it gives me chills every time I listen to it. Love it when Chester starts singing “I’m swimming in the smoke”. Great guitar – solo as well. 8/10

Empty Spaces: Well, yeah… these bombs sound pretty cool but that’s it. Shouldn’t have been a track 4/10

When They Come For Me: First highlight for me. I’m in love with these drums, Mike’s rapping sounds really good, especially over the beat. Chrous and ending remind me of Indian – Music. Can’t wait to hear this live, full band singing? Chester’s vocals in the bridge are sick! 9/10

Robot Boy: Well, least favourite track on the record. Sounds really boring and lame =/ Love how it fades directly into the next interlude… 5/10

Jornada Del Muerto: Really interesting and great that Mike’s singing Japanese on this one. Like this one. 7/10

Waiting For The End: Chester’s vocals right after Mike’s rapping are incredible. Then, the beat is kicking back in again and this “ooooooh” in the background is starting soon after that. Wow, chorus and ending are so damn good. One of the best vocal performances I’ve ever heard by Chester. 9,5/10

Blackout: Favourite song on the record. The LPTV episode got me really pumped but this is just epic! Chester’s “rapping” and screaming over the beat (twice!), followed by this heavy electronic distortion alone are completely mind – blowing. But then we have this breakdown which might be my favourite moment on the whole record. Love Mike’s voice here. Incredible! 10/10

Wretches and Kings: Heavy beat, heavy rap parts, heavy chorus. Reminds me of Nobody’s Listening. Great track, especially Mike’s bridge before the speec fades in the second time. 9/10

Wisdom, Justice and Love: Speech makes me sad. Awesome how they manipulated the voice again, piano in the background fits perfectly. Good one although the ending is a bit weird. 7/10

Iridescent: Yeah, this is good. The choir in the middle is incredible but I miss the guitar – solo they were talking about in the LPTV – episode?! =( Could be a really good single and a killer in the live set. Hopefully they’ll play this one instead of Shadow Of The Day. 8/10

Fallout: Yay for using Burning In The Skies lyrics. Great transition into the next track. 7/10

The Catalyst: Already wrote too much about this song. Intro is sick, love Chester’s powerful vocals and the ending with Chester/Mike singing together is really good. 8,5/10

The Messenger: What a way to end this album. Never expected to hear something like this, this is like a dream became true. Chester hits some really high and awesome notes, this sounds so good. Love it. 9,5/10

8,5/10 =) Really good record with some amazing lyircs, love this journey…. Booklet is great too =)

Edited by DecanoLP

Nirvana, one of the most laughably overrated bands in the history of music, but I digress...

Not to completely ignore every good point you did make in your whole post, but how you could possibly think this after seeing Kurt's performance on Top of the Pops?

Kurt Cobain had no respect for being fake. As far as I'm concerned, it's because of acts like that which created the possibility for Linkin Park to perform on the same show as a real band (meaning they didn't have to fake their performance).

Nirvana was far from overrated....

When They Come For Me: First highlight for me. I’m in love with these drums, Mike’s rapping sounds really good, especially over the beat. Chrous and ending remind me of Indian – Music. Can’t wait to hear this live, full band singing? Chester’s vocals in the bridge are sick! 9/10

I said that I really loved the whole album but I am really starting to hate that song. There's something really annoying about it and the lyrics are very unappealing about 3/4 of the way through. I think because it sounds like a lot of modern Hip-Hop artists that are using different samples to try and sound fresh but at the end of the day they still sound like garbage. Not saying the song is garbage, it just reminds me of garbage. :lol:

Edited by rav0k

Ok, here is my full review of the album. I wanted to wait a couple weeks to let the album fully sink in but I''m going to do it early...

The Requiem - I love this intro...I love how the voice singing is actually Mike, I'm pretty sure only the hardcore LP fanbase knows this. I think it sets the tone for the album because the lyrics are from The Catalyst and since the album is pretty much about the end of the world, it fits very well. It's almost like an intro to a story.

The Radiance - I love this too. The speech is really awesome and almost chilling. I love how it builds and fades into the next song.

Burning In The Skies - My favorite song on the album. I really love everything about it. The intro is really cool and drags me in as a listener. It's such a simple song musically, lyrically and vocally, yet it is perfect to me. I love the way Chester sings in this track, you can really feel the emotion and the lyrics connect to me on a deep personal level.

Empty Spaces - Like most people, not much to say about this one. I would have actually liked the track if it blended into the next track, but it doesn't. It seems like it doesn't belong in the flow of the album at all which is kind of pointless and stupid since it doesn't blend.

When They Come For Me - Really great track. The lyrics are my favorite part about this song, and Mike sounds badass rapping them. The chorus is really cool, it gets me pumped. I love Chester's vocals too even though they are minimal. Megaphone Brad is really unique and cool too.

Robot Boy - I don't like this one too much. Up until the synth solo, it's really boring and repetitive to me. The song never builds, and it keeps the same melody for most of the song which gets annoying. I love the vocals from Chester during the synth solo, but that's about it. I think this song had the potential to me one of the best tracks but it just never builds and is boring to me...

Jornada Del Muerto - Don't really like this one as much either. The Japanese vocals from Mike are cool, but the track seems out of place and it's too short. Not much else to say about it...

Waiting For The End - Really great song. I love the vocals the most. Really powerful, strong full of emotion vocals from Chester and I love it. Mike's parts are weird, yet unique and cool. At first, you wouldn't think this is Linkin Park. I feel really calm and happy when I listen to this song even though the lyrics are deep and dark. I think it'll be great live.

Blackout - Really awesome track. I love Chester's verses because I never though I would hear Chester rap in my life. It really brings the emotion. The chorus is just amazing, really good, pissed off screaming from Chester which I missed. The only thing I don't like is the breakdown really could have used some heavy distorted guitar and I don't really like the remixed vocals, it seemed kind of un-unique and boring to me. Mike's vocals don't fit with the verses and screaming but they're still awesome. I think this song would have been better if it had been structured better.

Wretches And Kings - One of my favorite tracks on the album, probably my second after Burning In The Skies. The intro is badass, the beat is nasty, Mike's verses are fucking kick ass and the Chester vocals make me want to get up and fight. I love the raw emotion in this song and I love the raspiness of Chester's voice. The outro is awesome too.

Wisdom, Justice And Love - Really cool idea for the album...the speech is touching and meaningful. Of coarse it is, it's from MLK. I love how the vocals get distorted more and more until the end. The only thing I hate is that it repeats Wisdom, Justice and Love like 5 times...once or twice would have been better.

Iridescent - One of the best songs on the album. This song is really deep and emotional, it makes me want to cry at times. It's really beautiful. I would have liked to see the guitar solo the band was talking about in LPTV. I'm interested in seeing how they will do the whole band vocal section live. Great song.

Fallout - Don't really like this one. It feels just like a filler track, much like Empty Spaces. It sets a cool tone for The Catalyst but that's about it. I feel like it should have just been an instrumental instead of using lyrics from BITK and distorting them...

The Catalyst - First single, first song everyone heard from the album, I like it a lot but not as much as I used to. I think the album would be really weird without this song, the lyrics sum up pretty much what all the songs on the album are saying. Vocals from Chester are really strong and the last part of the song is really beautiful, I love Mike and Chester blending together.

The Messenger - This song is fucking beautiful. I love it so much. It's such a simple song, much like what I said about Burning In The Skies since it's simple yet extremely powerful and touching to me. The lyrics are deep and make me want to cry when listening...the way Chester sings it is amazing and possibly the best vocals he has ever done for any song he has ever sang on.

Overall, this album is probably my favorite LP album to date. I love every single LP album but this album takes everything to another level. I love how they tried to make something different and succeeded very well. I love how it all blends and has a running theme throughout. Great work LP, you never fail to amaze me.

9/10 - Geki

Iridescent: Yeah, this is good. The choir in the middle is incredible but I miss the guitar – solo they were talking about in the LPTV – episode?! =( Could be a really good single and a killer in the live set. Hopefully they’ll play this one instead of Shadow Of The Day. 8/10

Yeah whatever happened to the multiple guitar solos they mentioned on the CD? Brad on In Pieces and TLTGYA was awesome...no guitar solos on this CD. Surprising in my opinion because I thought he'd at least do one.

I really think MTM is a better album than ATS.

Yeah whatever happened to the multiple guitar solos they mentioned on the CD? Brad on In Pieces and TLTGYA was awesome...no guitar solos on this CD. Surprising in my opinion because I thought he'd at least do one.

I really think MTM is a better album than ATS.

Theres guitar solos in BITS and Iridescent. Not your typical rock guitar solo, but still guitar solos.

After I resigned that this album is definetly NOT rockin',

I took some time to listen to it again.

With the background knowledge that this an REALLY experimental album and not a LP-typical album,

there are some good songs on it.

WTCFM and W&K are awesome Fort Minor songs feat. Chester,Fallout and The Catalyst fit together very well too.

Also The Requiem/Radiance are awesome songs,but the opening song is dissapoiting as hell.

It has to be a song like Don't Stay or Given Up which really rocks,

not a radio-mainstream-ballad like this. (I mean BITS)

But I still do not like the slow songs like Robot Boy or Iridescent and I still say that this is the worst LP album in my opinion..

And a rapping Chester on Blackout is also unnecessary.

A few months ago I said that I don't want a MTM part 2,but now I would prefer it.

This is my opinion and I stand by it that I like Nu-Metal/Rock,Alternative or however you want to name the genre in the HT/Meteora-times more than ATS.

I know this opinion comes a bit late,but wasn't able to listen to this album earlier in the way I did the last days.

Peace!

Edited by The_Glue

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...

After one year later:

Well, A Thousand Suns were really speciall, a follow up for up for Minutes To Midnight, this were very special for us fans.

At first, I were confused about this album, it took some time for me to figure out the concept of this album.

Atleast it still got that Linkin Park sound in it like all of their albums do so far. It's hard to explain how it sounds like, but you can tell that it sounds like Linkin Park right away!

Anyway, after A Thousand Suns World Tour 2011 with four live shows from my part, I'm starting to like this album!

It's really great live and the artworks by the band for this album live were geniously made. Mixing old tracks with new tracks and add a theme + artworks to it were a GREAT idea!

Can't wait to see what's going to happen!

Ok I feel like writing a after one year post. Get ready for a couple paragraphs.

A Thousand Suns leaked an it was the hardest album I have ever had trouble finding on the Internet, I pre ordered the cd/DVD version so I didn't rip off Linkin park, I got the dl of the cd just to listen to it earlier.

First thee album process started out with releasin the single the catalyst. I thought the catalyst was an amZing song when it first came out but It quickly lost my interest and is now one of my least favorite songs the band has ever made.

The album came out and the first time I listened to it was actually through YouTube, I thought it wasn't that good. When I finally got the actual dl of the album I thought it was good, I listened to it one more time and thought it was the second best LP album ever. One thing I thought were that the songs were really good. The vocals of bits, the style of blackout, the still epicness of waiting for the end, the lyrics of the messenger, and so on. The only two disappointments I had were not enough real songs and the crap that is robot boy. Robot boy I thought was the second worst song of LP history, now I think it is the worst song of LP history. I saints realized that the many interludes on the album were cool on the first listen but have ^no replay value whatsoever and are just really annoying and space wasters, the interlude most people call re biggest space Easter is actually my favorite interlude, it's short, awesome, and to the pout- it's empty spaces! I began to hate the interludes and wish their were more actually songs on the album.

When it comes to interludes there are many different typesof interludes in my opinion. The first type of interlude is interludes that you actually enjoy to listen to and sound good (attack attack, Kanye west). The next type of interludes are interludes you like but prefer not to listen to because they bring no value to the album (Eminem). And the thirdtype of interlude is the interlude that sucks, that you wish were never made, and are a drag to listen to and if bad enough can put you to sleep or make you want to kill yourself (I'm not gonna kill myself over interludes but in my opinion Linkin Park and the lonely island fit this category.) the interludes are boring, annoying, and I wish they were never made.

When I first heard the cd I was able to listen to the whole cd minus robot boy, shortly after the interludes got annoyig and I couldn't listen to them anymore. At this point I could only listen to 8 songs and empty spaces. As time went on (this is a while later), I started to dislike more and more of the cd. About month after the catalyst came out I got tired of it. But in the far future I even started getting tired of other songs- i got tired of the messenger, even wretches and kings got old.

Now as it stands the only song from ATS I still listen to (and very rarely at that) is waiting for the end, I still think it's one of their best songs wherewithal but it is not even close to my top favorites of LP anymore.

Too many things web wrong with this album that had never happened before in a LP album. The first of these is a crappy first single. This is the only album where I feel they picked a bD song to be the first single. The catalyst is not that good of a song and a bad choicefor a single. The net thing that went wrong was only 9 real songs. Wait pisses me off so much that there are only 9 real songs and one is robot boy, cmon LP. Enough with stupid interludes please. Another awful thing that happened is songs got old. I've gotten oldof LP as a whole before but that was me just going trough changes, but besides numb I have never before gotten tired of LP songs until this album hit. I got really tired of a lot of these songs, and I got tired of them fast. That never happens. Im all for LP changing sounds as I liked Mtm but this was just bad.

I used to think it was the second best LP album after Meteora when it came out, but now I see it in a much different light. It's the only LP cd I physical own, and it was a waste of money. I got the cd/DVD version and I never watched the DVD And probably never will. I am still a fan of the band and am hoping the next album will be better but I now think ATS is the worst LP album ever created.

Sorry if there are lots of errors or things that don't makesense, I didthis on mobile

i rarely listen to ATS these days tbh... it does grow on you but after that initial growth it just gets boring imo. No real creative spark nor any draw power that makes you want to listen to it.

I will listen to it when my playlist decides it time for a lp song, but beyond that.. not really.

Not a bad album, but not good enough to be remembered either.

Reanimation on the other hand... hehe