Wretches & Kings

Linkindude92

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This so is the closing song for every show from now on...

If LP keeps closing shows with OSC I'm gonna kill myself. As someone stated before, Chester's part on the chorus is SO damn awesome and the outro is SOOO 'extendable'...

My faith on this record is now renewed.

The song is great. The beat is amazing, and the sound is really catchy. I love Chester's vocals in this song. However, I felt (or wanted) like something was about to happen towards the end; a bridge, another chorus, or something unexpected, but it just ends with the speech and the 'hey hey' chant. That makes it a bit repetitive, and monotonous. Anyway, I'd give it a 8/10.

I wonder if Brad is going to play keyboard on this one live since there is no guitar and Mike is rapping...?

I'm on the fence as far as that goes, a lot of the sounds could be translated to guitar but it probably wouldn't sound the same. Likewise, a lot of the sounds that he might play on keys are pretty weird. I think the majority of the instrumental of this song was created on the computer.

And keep in mind, Brad's never had any problem leaving the stage if they don't need him for a song, he did so on a couple of the Collision Course tracks.

Cool beat, but thats all I can really say about it. Not sure what LP is doing on this cd.

Attempting to make up for lost time, that's my best guess. At this point, it's painfully obvious that Meteora was a total waste of an album, one that they never wanted to make in the first place, but caved in to pressure from the label and did so anyway (that whole story about them writing the "sophomore jinx" album and scrapping it? That music was probably way better than anything that made Meteora, but Warner flipped out when they discovered it didn't sound like Hybrid Theory). Minutes to Midnight should've been the album that was released in 2003, and ATS should've been the third album.

I'll say it right now: Judging from everything I've heard so far, if ATS was a new band's debut album, I'd probably enjoy it more than I enjoyed Hybrid Theory when it first came out. I took a little over a year to get into Linkin Park after Hybrid Theory came out (truth be told, I thought In the End was a TERRIBLE song when I first heard it). However, I would run out and buy ATS on release day based solely on the merit of the 2 songs I've heard so far.

(that whole story about them writing the "sophomore jinx" album and scrapping it? That music was probably way better than anything that made Meteora, but Warner flipped out when they discovered it didn't sound like Hybrid Theory)

How much you wanna bet we get something from this on LPUX?

Edit: You know, now that Warner's not afraid to let LP release songs that don't sound like Hybrid Theory.

Edited by leftshoe18

Meteora may be my favorite LP album so far (it's a toss up between that and HT) so I guess I'll thank Warner for that. But I do think the experimentation began on Meteora, just within the same song structure of HT. The shakuhachi flute on NL, inverted acoustic on SIB, stuff like that. It was basically gutiar bass drums vocals and samples/scratching on HT. Yeah the things I mentioned are still samples but they're stuff that came from outside the box. I agree that there was pressure from the label but I don't think they wrote and scrapped a whole album of material. Just my 2 cents.

I love that. Great for live shows. It reminds me of Cover & Duck by Fort Minor.

I actually grew to like that part. In fact, i love that part now.

On another note, this song has surpassed the Catalyst for me. Its the best song off ATS so far IMO