Wretches & Kings

Linkindude92

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone elses song have some audio skipping around 1:45? My iPhone wont play the song past that part. It just restarts. Annoying...

EDIT: NVM, it works!

It was doing the same thing on my iPod. How did you fix it? I have to skip to 1:45 in order to hear the rest of the song, otherwise if I let it hit 1:44 it skips to the next song and I've re-downloaded it a bunch of times and nothing's changed

I've only heard it one time so far but I didn't have a big reaction. On first listen, my reaction wasn't like "OMG ITS AWESOME" or "OMG IT SUCKS". My reaction was like "Oh wow, holy shit...this is so different from any song that's come before it". Chester's never screamed in that way before. It was definitely interesting. I loved the Fort Minor energy and loved what Hahn was doing at the end. I'm not going to bother judging the song yet. Have to hear it more. It sounds more like a rap song though and I'm sure it will appeal to that crowd. All of the samples remind me of my brothers rap music that he made where he would constantly make beats intertwined with speeches or people talking. Cool song. I was more struck with how different it was than how awesome or bad it was. It can only get better though.

I really want to like this song but the hey hey hey hey thing is annoying to me...I also would like to know when I'm getting this download email so I can listen through headphones and make my final judgement...has anyone else not gotten their email yet?

First off, I must say I have always preferred the more Chester-centered songs that Linkin Park has produced such as No More Sorrow and New Divide, and I would definitely class this as a Mike song, in the same stem as Nobody's Listening and High Voltage.

Now that that's out of the way, I must say that the beat on this song is absolutely incredible. It's dark, it's dirty, and more importantly, it's edgy. While comparisons of Hybrid Theory and Meteora could easily be made to this song, it still differentiates itself to make a new sound.

I would definitely say though, that while I do enjoy Mike's rapping in Dedicated and High Voltage, along with LP's 2 nu-metal albums, I am pretty indifferent to his new "reggae" style here. Maybe it will come to grow on me like his distorted vocals in The Catalyst, but for now his lines are the least attractive part of the song. Chester's vocals on the other hand sound crazy and original. I know I would have loved this song more if he had a more prominent role.

This song will blow our minds on stage. I can picture the crowd going absolutely nuts when the opening speech stars (unless they cut straight to the crunching synths). I can also see Chester screaming at certain points to add more energy and edge to the track, especially right before his 2nd chorus, and the outro, which could easily be extended.

Thats just my impressions of the track. I will not rate it, along with The Catalyst, until I have fully experienced A Thousand Suns multiple times after release.

I really want to like this song but the hey hey hey hey thing is annoying to me...I also would like to know when I'm getting this download email so I can listen through headphones and make my final judgement...has anyone else not gotten their email yet?

I love the "hey" parts. I just wish the second "hey" part happened right when Mike was done rapping the second verse instead of going into that instrumental break for a few bars.