Wretches & Kings

Linkindude92

I never said vd had emo lyrics. I just don't like that is complaining about being alone on valentines day. I still like the song but think the lyrics could have been better. There not horrible lyrics but there by no means great either

Eh, someone said emo, maybe it wasn't you.

Still. Crawling is even more whiny sounding and complaining than VD will ever be.

And I don't think the song is about someone being alone on Valentine's Day. If you listen closely to the lyrics, "And the ground below grew colder, as they put you down inside."

I believe there's a much deeper meaning than what you realize.

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never said vd had emo lyrics. I just don't like that is complaining about being alone on valentines day. I still like the song but think the lyrics could have been better. There not horrible lyrics but there by no means great either

While I agree on the whole moaning about Valentine's Day at the end of the song (that's what ruins the song for me IMO), up until that point the lyrics are beautiful. To be honest, I don't interpret the song as "being alone on a Valentine's Day" at all. I think it's deeper than that, but that's just me.

^^ to the member above, I see we have very similar thoughts on this subject.

Edited by Faint!ntoPieces

While I agree on the whole moaning about Valentine's Day at the end of the song (that's what ruins the song for me IMO), up until that point the lyrics are beautiful. To be honest, I don't interpret the song as "being alone on a Valentine's Day" at all. I think it's deeper than that, but that's just me.

Yes, it seems so. And I agree about the ending of VD. That's why it isn't particularly one of my favorites.

This is Making me LOL so hard. some people have been on the pot since meteora came out. Jez.

"This" meaning?

Also.. it's funny you say that. Chester said he wanted us to feel as though we were on drugs while listening to ATS. XD

Edited by ShinigamiPWN

Yeah. I don't like the ending of the lyrics. That's one the things I don't like about the song. The rest of the lyrics are ok but could be better. I still like the song though. Don't get the wrong idea. I love all LP songs except for one

Yeah. I don't like the ending of the lyrics. That's one the things I don't like about the song. The rest of the lyrics are ok but could be better. I still like the song though. Don't get the wrong idea. I love all LP songs except for one

Don't worry, I'm not judging at all. I think that's one of the most interesting parts about Linkin Park, they have such a wide fanbase with completely different opinions! It's thanks to their originality and drive to always create different genres of music that have created these gaps between their fans. Some people can enjoy the relativity of their lyrics, while others enjoy the deeper meanings in their songs. At the same time, some members love their heavy tracks and despise the soft ones, and vice-versa.

I don't know of any other band that has such a wide array of positive opinions about them... although they also carry a massive amount of hate.

Edited by Faint!ntoPieces

Linkin Park, they have such a wide fanbase with completely different opinions! It's thanks to their originality and drive to always create different genres of music that have created these gaps between their fans. Some people can enjoy the relativity of their lyrics, while others enjoy the deeper meanings in their songs. At the same time, some members love their heavy tracks and despise the soft ones, and vice-versa.

:o +9001

Edited by rav0k

Don't worry, I'm not judging at all. I think that's one of the most interesting parts about Linkin Park, they have such a wide fanbase with completely different opinions! It's thanks to their originality and drive to always create different genres of music that have created these gaps between their fans. Some people can enjoy the relativity of their lyrics, while others enjoy the deeper meanings in their songs. At the same time, some members love their heavy tracks and despise the soft ones, and vice-versa.

I don't know of any other band that has such a wide array of positive opinions about them... although they also carry a massive amount of hate.

That's so true.

I'm on the fence as far as that goes, a lot of the sounds could be translated to guitar but it probably wouldn't sound the same. Likewise, a lot of the sounds that he might play on keys are pretty weird. I think the majority of the instrumental of this song was created on the computer.

And keep in mind, Brad's never had any problem leaving the stage if they don't need him for a song, he did so on a couple of the Collision Course tracks.

Attempting to make up for lost time, that's my best guess. At this point, it's painfully obvious that Meteora was a total waste of an album, one that they never wanted to make in the first place, but caved in to pressure from the label and did so anyway (that whole story about them writing the "sophomore jinx" album and scrapping it? That music was probably way better than anything that made Meteora, but Warner flipped out when they discovered it didn't sound like Hybrid Theory). Minutes to Midnight should've been the album that was released in 2003, and ATS should've been the third album.

I'll say it right now: Judging from everything I've heard so far, if ATS was a new band's debut album, I'd probably enjoy it more than I enjoyed Hybrid Theory when it first came out. I took a little over a year to get into Linkin Park after Hybrid Theory came out (truth be told, I thought In the End was a TERRIBLE song when I first heard it). However, I would run out and buy ATS on release day based solely on the merit of the 2 songs I've heard so far.

Sounds like one of Korn super tuned down guitars... i think its possible, but it would sound different live no doubt.

And i pre-ordered the cd based off the little clip of Wretches and Kings. This is what LP is about... this music would totally suit the name Hybrid Theory don't ya think? lol.

I can't wait for the album after this one tho. lol

Im actually still annoyed at LP Australia, They posted this on their facebook earlier

Hey guys, saw your posts on the Wretches & Kings track – we are getting this to fans who pre-ordered the album as soon as we can. You will definitely get it, it just wasn’t sent immediately as Australia is set up differently than the rest of the world…as Australian fans get the 48 hour ticket window for the Australian tour. Apologies guys.

So let me get this straight. You have delayed the song because we have a 48 hour ticket release for the tour which hasn't been confirmed yet. Now think about it. First whats the song got to do with the Ticket Pre sales. Second, Doesn't every other country that has ATS Pre orders get a 48 hour ticket release. Seems like a bad cover up for fucking everyone up. Its disappointing that people who don't even give a fuck about LP can get the song over people who pre ordered it and could get the song "exclusively".

/2cents

On another random off topic note

LeftShoe, have you ever though about changing your name to RightGlove?

Yes you are right, because Chesters father was died on a Valentines day. The lyrics and specially the end of the song stands for the funeral of his father and the deep feelings about his situation after the death. Sry for my bad english:-)

I hope everyone here think differnet now about this powerfull and deepfeeling song.

Edited by Mofamike

Yes you are right, because Chesters father was died on a Valentines day. The lyrics and specially the end of the song stands for the funeral of his father and the deep feelings about his situation after the death. Sry for my bad english:-)

I hope everyone here think differnet now about this powerfull and deepfeeling song.

I had never heard of that.. :<

i never knew that. glad you told me i learned something new today.