Wretches & Kings

Linkindude92

Eh, I'm not very moved by this song. I'm always down for a good beat but it needs to be complemented by a good melody. That's something LP usually delivers on, on all of their tracks, but this song is really lacking it. The lyrics are disappointing to me, a step down from both LP and FM, and the actual vocals aren't really doing it for me. I don't dislike it but I'm just not wowed. The only thing that impressed me was the scratching at the end which complemented the beat very well. I would've preferred this to be an instrumental track with more scratching and other random elements thrown in there like a driving synth melody.

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think he sounds a thing like David Draiman in the song, but it's been said more than once so maybe I'm just stupid.

That's because he's basically just an octave above version of David Draiman. They're not identical at all, but the way he sings is very Disturbed to me. Especially the rythms.

I think that there will not be. Based on fan reviews/interviews/etc it seems like this is definitely a Mike record.

Mike is indeed pretty.. present?, but I think you can't call it a Mike-record though. At least in my opinion it seems more as if there just wouldn't be ONE main singer anymore. That doesn't mean that there isn't any Chester anymore.

Love it. Didn't read the whole thread cause there are too many replies and frankly a lot of you are terrible at describing songs lol. No offense to anyone but this was not the song I expected after reading a few reviews and boy am I glad. Cause it sounds nothing like how people described it.

This album is going to destroy MTM. I'm already certain of that.

And to the people saying welcome back Joe...did you listen to The Catalyst? He was there. He was there on MTM too just not scratching. I've fought this battle too many times and I'm not doing it again lol.