Wretches & Kings

Linkindude92

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meteora may be my favorite LP album so far (it's a toss up between that and HT) so I guess I'll thank Warner for that. But I do think the experimentation began on Meteora, just within the same song structure of HT. The shakuhachi flute on NL, inverted acoustic on SIB, stuff like that. It was basically gutiar bass drums vocals and samples/scratching on HT. Yeah the things I mentioned are still samples but they're stuff that came from outside the box. I agree that there was pressure from the label but I don't think they wrote and scrapped a whole album of material. Just my 2 cents.

Agreed. I wouldn't have become an LP fan without Meteora. Numb is their best song to me.

I don't know if I would've stayed a Linkin Park fan if they had changed as early as 2003. I'm glad they changed now, but at the time I was completely in the mindset that if something didn't have distorted guitars and screaming, it was utter crap. Being 11 years old can do that to you. lol

I actually hated "Easier to Run" when Meteora first came out. I'd always skip that track.

Edited by leftshoe18

I don't know if I would've stayed a Linkin Park fan if they had changed as early as 2003. I'm glad they changed now, but at the time I was completely in the mindset that if something didn't have distorted guitars and screaming, it was utter crap. Being 11 years old can do that to you. lol

I actually hated "Easier to Run" when Meteora first came out. I'd always skip that track.

Man you can Kinda tell Meteora was kinda a "Not Give a shit album" Just do the maths. They would of been in the studio for year or so to make that. Now compare that to the time it has taken to put out both MTM and ATS. If you A B (and C) the albums you can tell LP has taken more time to do the last two because they have spent alot of effort in making it perfect. Seems like they didnt have a due date and when the album was finish it was finished (MTM DVD perfect example about the on going Its Done Joke) unlike Meteora seems like they had a due date and rushed to finish it.

Meteora was a total waste of an album, kickass.

Minutes to Midnight should've been the album that was released in 2003 never been released.

Fix't.

By the way, I'm pretty sure the instrumental of Wretches and Kings has guitar in it all the way through (probably edited by computer). I could easily get a sound close to it with my Digitech Whammy, maybe they will play it live soon so we can find out.

Edited by rav0k

unreal song!!! i can definitely jog and warm up before a basketball game to this dope mix.

this was tottally designed to be live.... even mikes end part with "from the fron to back.... etc etc"

agreed

Took a nap.. woke up.. and it was out. :3

Yeah.. W&K > TC.

agrred wak is better

agreed, it would have been bad to change that early

Man you can Kinda tell Meteora was kinda a "Not Give a shit album" Just do the maths. They would of been in the studio for year or so to make that. Now compare that to the time it has taken to put out both MTM and ATS. If you A B (and C) the albums you can tell LP has taken more time to do the last two because they have spent alot of effort in making it perfect. Seems like they didnt have a due date and when the album was finish it was finished (MTM DVD perfect example about the on going Its Done Joke) unlike Meteora seems like they had a due date and rushed to finish it.

i completely dissagree. they did not rush it and its their best album to date. they never rushed meteora. they just took to long to make mtm.

Man WTF LP Australia Havent sent it out. This is fucking bullshit!

Im pissed.

Yeah man, same here. WTF? I've heard the song at around 3:30am on YouTube when everyone started getting their emails, but after a few listens I went to bed expecting an mp3 to comes in my email ready to listen in the morning... 11:52am now, NO EMAIL? BS! I'll have to find other means of getting this smokin' track.

Yeah man, same here. WTF? I've heard the song at around 3:30am on YouTube when everyone started getting their emails, but after a few listens I went to bed expecting an mp3 to comes in my email ready to listen in the morning... 11:52am now, NO EMAIL? BS! I'll have to find other means of getting this smokin' track.

Dont worrt, I just left a little rant on Linkin Park Australia's Facebook page. I know the regularly check t seeing they have answered a few of my questions on there before.

ALSO

I cannot believe people are putting Meteora Over MTM. Thats down right stupid. Meteora is a shocking album. It riding in the shadows of HT unlike MTM and ATS that are making names for themselves.

Edited by Pez

Dont worrt, I just left a little rant on Linkin Park Australia's Facebook page. I know the regularly check t seeing they have answered a few of my questions on there before.

ALSO

I cannot believe people are putting Meteora Over MTM. Thats down right stupid. Meteora is a shocking album. It riding in the shadows of HT unlike MTM and ATS that are making names for themselves.

lol. MTM was trash compared to everything they did before.

ALSO

MTM is their worst album IMO. And MEteora may be in the shadows of HT, but it is better than HT and shows that you can beat an epic first album

lol. MTM was trash compared to everything they did before.

That's a really great subjective opinion you have there.

I somehow knew, despite my newness on this forum, that this thread would descend into the depths of slagging opinions and such.

Here's my take:

Linkin Park are making this album, and made the last album, and made their first two albums, because they reflected who they were as people at those times. Asking a band to consciously regress to something they no longer are is pretty insensitive to the needs of the artist. I'm a musician myself, and while I haven't released an album to a huge fanbase yet, I wouldn't pander to fan expectations if those expectations were outside of my idea of what I wanted to achieve with my music. My fans wouldn't have to like it, but they would at least have to respect the fact that I'd be making the music I WANTED, as opposed to the music I was TOLD to make.

The fact that LP has made a drastic change in their music with their last album, and are making an equally drastic change on this one, is a sign that, if anything, they're doing the exact OPPOSITE of selling out, because a sell-out would just make the kind of music that made them a hit over and over again without changing because that's what made them money, while someone who wasn't a sell-out would risk alienating all their fans, if only to do with their music exactly what they wanted to do with it.

I coudn't say this better :D

That's a really great subjective opinion you have there.

I somehow knew, despite my newness on this forum, that this thread would descend into the depths of slagging opinions and such.

Here's my take:

Linkin Park are making this album, and made the last album, and made their first two albums, because they reflected who they were as people at those times. Asking a band to consciously regress to something they no longer are is pretty insensitive to the needs of the artist. I'm a musician myself, and while I haven't released an album to a huge fanbase yet, I wouldn't pander to fan expectations if those expectations were outside of my idea of what I wanted to achieve with my music. My fans wouldn't have to like it, but they would at least have to respect the fact that I'd be making the music I WANTED, as opposed to the music I was TOLD to make.

The fact that LP has made a drastic change in their music with their last album, and are making an equally drastic change on this one, is a sign that, if anything, they're doing the exact OPPOSITE of selling out, because a sell-out would just make the kind of music that made them a hit over and over again without changing because that's what made them money, while someone who wasn't a sell-out would risk alienating all their fans, if only to do with their music exactly what they wanted to do with it.

K fucking SICK song. LOVE it. I just had a huge smirk on my face after that first chorus and said in my head this is a GREAT song. Faith for this album is completely restored. I know this is a stand alone track based on reviews, but its definantly a good sign of things to come. Im not hearing anything else til the album drops though..