Wretches & Kings

Linkindude92

Its Shocking to think people go Meteora over MTM. like seriously just because it doesnt sound like what you want it to sound like doesnt mean it shit. Someone as deep into the music will understand how good of an album MTM is

Also lyrically. MTM shits over Meteora.

Dont get me wrong i do like Meteora. but when people say its shit and should of never been made, thats just fucking bullshit.

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol. MTM was trash compared to everything they did before.

MTM wasn't trash, it was just different. Sure of the B-Sides deserved some of the spots over some of the tracks, but overall I thought it was a great album once we got the whole not being HT and MT and less Mike out of our heads. And in reference to Meteora, I HATE when people compare that to Hybrid Theory. HT part 2, HT copy and pasted, etc I'm sick of it. Meteora is their best album. Clear and simple. I'm not knocking any of their other albums, but Meteora is clear cut example of what this band is capable. HT's a classic we all know that. I surely know that cause I grew up on that album, but Meteora put the term sophomore slump to shame and just buried any chance of them being called labeled manufactured and one hit wonders. Back to MTM, that album would have been butchered by critics and fans a like if they didn't switch things up a bit, but to be honest I could have done without In Between and Hands Held High and replaced them with maybe No Roads Left and Across The Line. Just a few thoughts. But forgetting all of their other albums, ATS is the one that's scared me the most. After hearing these 2 tracks I can already tell this record's a concept album, no matter what they say. I'm sure its not the same as say Pink Floyd or Coheed and Cambria would do it, but the fact that it revolves around a common theme and not just the band relaying their experiences and emotions into the music is enough proof. Regardless, I cannot wait for this new album so I can listen to it straight through with no interruptions while on the train to NYC to see them at time square. 11 days!!!!

Sure of the B-Sides deserved some of the spots over some of the tracks

I've noticed that people say this in so many music fan communities. If these were the tracks put on the album and the ones we want replaced were b-sides, I can almost guarantee the focus would be the other way around.

People would be like "how could they not put in between on MTM?"

/rant

Its Shocking to think people go Meteora over MTM. like seriously just because it doesnt sound like what you want it to sound like doesnt mean it shit. Someone as deep into the music will understand how good of an album MTM is

Also lyrically. MTM shits over Meteora.

Dont get me wrong i do like Meteora. but when people say its shit and should of never been made, thats just fucking bullshit.

Metora has way better lyrics than meteora

I've noticed that people say this in so many music fan communities. If these were the tracks put on the album and the ones we want replaced were b-sides, I can almost guarantee the focus would be the other way around.

People would be like "how could they not put in between on MTM?"

/rant

Very true. I'm sure I would have thought the same way too. I favor heavier songs, not just LP but rock in general so having those B-Sides instead would have pleased my expectations more, especially after we were told it'd be less rap and more rock and them debuting 4 of the of heaviest songs on the album before the rest was heard.

Actually, Meteora has the same lyrics as Meteora. But Minutes to Midnight has deeper lyrics than Meteora. Except maybe Given Up and Bleed it Out.

What I meant was meteora has better lyrics than mtm. Meteora has breaking the habit, numb, figure.09, faint, somewhere I belong, easier to run, nobody's listening and from the inside. All great lyrics. Mtm has given up (I think it has good lyrics), loatr, hands held high, what I've done, in between, in pieces. I personally don't care for the lyrics of vd or sotd (but some might like thoose).

That's 6 good lyrics vs 8 good lyrics, IMO. And also, besides loatr meteora's 8 strong lyrics song have way stronger lyrics also. Also I would say Lying From You has ok lyrics and TLTGYA has ok lyrics. So 9 vs 7. I just like the lyrics to meteora better and think they have more meaning, but I do think mtm lyrics are better than ht lyrics

What I meant was meteora has better lyrics than mtm. Meteora has breaking the habit, numb, figure.09, faint, somewhere I belong, easier to run, nobody's listening and from the inside. All great lyrics. Mtm has given up (I think it has good lyrics), loatr, hands held high, what I've done, in between, in pieces. I personally don't care for the lyrics of vd or sotd (but some might like thoose).

That's 6 good lyrics vs 8 good lyrics, IMO. And also, besides loatr meteora's 8 strong lyrics song have way stronger lyrics also. Also I would say Lying From You has ok lyrics and TLTGYA has ok lyrics. So 9 vs 7. I just like the lyrics to meteora better and think they have more meaning, but I do think mtm lyrics are better than ht lyrics

Stop right there.

Somewhere I Belong and good lyrics do not belong in the same sentence. The chorus is just cringe-worthy, and the rest of the song falls well below average, even by Linkin Park standards. Numb is also far too general and "teenager problem-centric" to be great lyric-wise. Faint, while being my favourite track from Meteora, and possibly my favourite song from the band, is also not so great. It's saving grace is the fact that the lyrics flow so well together with the instruments.

If you can get past the opinion that Valentine's Day is "Emo", the song has some of the best lyrics in the band's discography! The song paints pictures I tell you! And to be fair, Valentine's Day is in the top 3 worst tracks on the album IMO. But you can't deny the lyrics are beautiful. And while No More Sorrow is probably one of the weakest tracks lyrically on the album, I feel it stands better than 90% of HT and Meteora.

At least you aren't saying things like "Runaway and One Step Closer have good lyrics", because that would be ridiculous.

Stop right there.

Somewhere I Belong and good lyrics do not belong in the same sentence. The chorus is just cringe-worthy, and the rest of the song falls well below average, even by Linkin Park standards. Numb is also far too general and "teenager problem-centric" to be great lyric-wise. Faint, while being my favourite track from Meteora, and possibly my favourite song from the band, is also not so great. It's saving grace is the fact that the lyrics flow so well together with the instruments.

If you can get past the opinion that Valentine's Day is "Emo", the song has some of the best lyrics in the band's discography! The song paints pictures I tell you! And to be fair, Valentine's Day is in the top 3 worst tracks on the album IMO. But you can't deny the lyrics are beautiful. And while No More Sorrow is probably one of the weakest tracks lyrically on the album, I feel it stands better than 90% of HT and Meteora.

At least you aren't saying things like "Runaway and One Step Closer have good lyrics", because that would be ridiculous.

You're saying I "wanna runaway" and "SHUT UP WHEN IM TALKING TO YOUZ" are not good lyrics?!?! :o

/sarcasm

MTM didn't have better lyrics or tracks than Meteora. You all are delusional. If they included NRL, ATL and PTB instead of a few tracks then maybe you could talk about it being up there with Meteora.

You wanna explain our delusion further? This could be interesting.

EDIT: ^^ I agree with that note.

Edited by Faint!ntoPieces

Stop right there.

We all have opinions on what is good lyrics. Runaway I agree has bad lyrics. But I think One Step Closer has great lyrics. Also, I just think vd, the lyrics are stupid. He's complaining about being alone on valentines day. Well boo hoo no one cares. I'm always a lone on valentines day. I just don't care for thoose lyrics. IMO meteora good lyrics- don't stay, SIB, lying from you (somewhat), easier to run, faint, BTH, figure.09, From the Inside, NL, Numb. Mtm good lyrics- Given Up, LOATR, hands held high, what I've done, in pieces, in between, tltgya (somewhat) Although I like the lyrics to NMS I don't think it's meaningful. I just think it has fun lyrics to sing. Hybrid Thoery good lyrics- One Step Closer, Points of Authority, Crawling, In the End, A Place For My Head (beginning part), and pushing me away. This is my opinion. Edited by LinkinParkFan4Ever

We all have opinions on what is good lyrics. Runaway I agree has bad lyrics. But I think One Step Closer has great lyrics. Also, I just think vd, the lyrics are stupid. He's complaining about being alone on valentines day. Well boo hoo no one cares. I'm always a lone on valentines day. I just don't care for thoose lyrics. IMO meteora good lyrics- don't stay, SIB, lying from you (somewhat), easier to run, faint, BTH, figure.09, From the Inside, NL, Numb. Mtm good lyrics- Given Up, LOATR, hands held high, what I've done, in pieces, in between, tltgya (somewhat) Although I like the lyrics to NMS I don't think it's meaningful. I just think it has fun lyrics to sing. Hybrid Thoery good lyrics- One Step Closer, Points of Authority, Crawling, In the End, A Place For My Head (beginning part), and pushing me away. This is my opinion.

Okay. OSC lyrics aren't that good.

And you complain about VD being emo and shit... look at Crawling.

Crawling in my skin?

These wounds they will not heal?

That beats VD in emoness.

Hold on. Just so we're clear, I'm not a Meteora basher what-so-ever. In fact, I think it's better than Hybrid Theory, and very arguably the best album LP has made so far. There are songs on there like Faint and Figure.09 that completely dominate Minutes To Midnight, there's no denying it. In many ways, it's a much better album than MTM, especially with the massive amounts of energy each song brings to the table, and it's much more complex instrumentally IMO than Hybrid Theory. My only gripe with it are some of the songs have poor lyrics, that hold back the rest of the album.

Since I forgot to quote, this is mainly in response to spraypaintinkpens

Edited by Faint!ntoPieces

Okay. OSC lyrics aren't that good.

And you complain about VD being emo and shit... look at Crawling.

Crawling in my skin?

These wounds they will not heal?

That beats VD in emoness.

I never said vd had emo lyrics. I just don't like that is complaining about being alone on valentines day. I still like the song but think the lyrics could have been better. There not horrible lyrics but there by no means great either

a sell-out would just make the kind of music that made them a hit over and over again without changing

I think this is a false statement as you can clearly see that the Nü Metal favoring died around the time that Linkin Park decided to "change".

To say a band does not sell out is a very undermining statement, as creating and selling music is their career. Obviously, you will not hear a band getting mainstream airplay with a banjo, no pitch correction and recording straight to tape. There are sacrifices bands make to sell more records, such as making something that is new or with the times.

This particular album has sparked my interest so far because it reminds me of those roots they once had on Hybrid Theory and Meteora. You will also find that they mentioned this record was not made to sell.

Now take into the equation that a good portion of old school fans (myself included) are favoring this record and disliked Minutes to Midnight.

I can't pinpoint it, but I wind up really hating the mainstream music on the radio. Minutes to Midnight fit in with all the other mainstream music quite well, it had that mainstream "structure". They gained a much larger fan base with Minutes to Midnight due to the fact that the record was not Nü Metal, Rap-Rock, Rap-Metal or whatever you decide to call it that seemingly died off however many years ago. It was in fact, a modern day easy listening record that a good portion of the world could pick up at a local music store and jam to.

With A Thousand Suns, they are taking the time to express they made this record from the soul and not to sell. This could implicate that they are in fact returning to their roots that made them famous to begin with because their trademark sound was an entity of its own. Their "roots" are who they originally were as a band. They were experimental yet easily recognizable because they were one of a kind, just like you hear on Wretches and Kings. You don't hear that so much on Shadow of the Day...

Edited by rav0k

Hold on. Just so we're clear, I'm not a Meteora basher what-so-ever. In fact, I think it's better than Hybrid Theory, and very arguably the best album LP has made so far. There are songs on there like Faint and Figure.09 that completely dominate Minutes To Midnight, there's no denying it. In many ways, it's a much better album than MTM, especially with the massive amounts of energy each song brings to the table, and it's much more complex instrumentally IMO than Hybrid Theory. My only gripe with it are some of the songs have poor lyrics, that hold back the rest of the album.

Since I forgot to quote, this is mainly in response to spraypaintinkpens

I just think the only song on that album that doesn't have good lyrics is hit the floor (IMO, worst lyrics LP has ever made). I think all the other songs have great or good lyrics. That is my opinion.