Interviews

hahninator

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy shit. Hybrid Theory 3 this is not.

I said I wouldn't listen to any more previews, but I couldn't help it, and wow. This album's gonna be great.

Am I the only one not completely feeling Castle of Glass, though? If that's the song it was. The fourth one. Not feeling it. Hm. Oh well.

Castle of Glass is probably my favorite of these snippets. The way Chester sounds on it is so freaking great.

I'm pretty sure that's mike singing "Cause I'm only a crack in this castle of glass" and then Chester joins him.

• 1 month later...

Beat Magazine did an interview with Brad Delson about Living Things creating process, an eventually tour in Australia and about Victimized. In the interview Delson said that the song will be played live, and about a tour in Australia he said it will be ‘sooner rather than later – maybe even next year’.

Read the full interview Here (page 45)

Source: Mike Shinoda Clan

Victimized confirmed on the Honda Civic Tour?

Watch them not even play it. :lol: I remember in the interviews leading up to the release of Minutes to Midnight, they were constantly hyping up TLTGYA, talking about how excited they were to play it live, one article even specifically mentioned to keep an eye out for it in their Bamboozle setlist...they didn't play it until the European tour.

Edited by Astat

Watch them not even play it. :lol: I remember in the interviews leading up to the release of Minutes to Midnight, they were constantly hyping up TLTGYA, talking about how excited they were to play it live, one article even specifically mentioned to keep an eye out for it in their Bamboozle setlist...they didn't play it until the European tour.

I remember that like it was yesterday LOL. A Mike and Brad interview from April 2007 said how difficult it was to rehearse TLTGYA since they added so much shit to it in the studio, but the interview specifically said you'll see it at Bamboozle. That's hilarious.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Posted Image

Q:What's the official name of your position? Can you give us some insight into your daily work?

My official title is Backline Crew Chief and Brad Delson's guitar technician.

My daily work consists of maintaining and programming ampilfiers, preamplifiers, effect processors and pedals as well several midi controller devices used to perform Linkin Park songs live. This also includes maintaining all functionalities of the guitars: from restringing, to electronic replacement and repair as well as structural repair of the instruments (broken headstocks etc.). All this requires many relationships with companies that make components we use. For instance, Brad uses Paul Reed Smith guitars, if one breaks beyond repair I'll call their artist relations rep to acquire a new one. It's not as easy as it sounds, as most of the guitars are custom and not off the shelf. So, specifications are discussed and a guitar is ordered to our specs. This takes time and to get it expedited quickly, it helps to have these working friendships speed up the process. I spend a lot of time nurturing these relationships. This is the MOST important part of my job and the least noticed by the band.

Q:How long have you been a part of the Linkin Park Team and how did you get there?

I started working for the band in March of 2003 as a set carpenter. I left my position as Paul Stanley's (KISS) guitar technician to do so. I also took a huge pay cut because I saw a family vibe with the crew and wanted to be apart of it. My other roommate at the time brought me in. (not Pooch). First show as guitar tech was June 27, 2003 Hard Rock in Vegas. The last Jimmy Kimmel show we did, marked nine years handing guitars to these guys.

Q:What is your greatest memory since working for Linkin Park? What's the worst one?

It's really hard to pick single memories..there is just to many. The first Sao Paulo show we did was pretty awesome! It was the last show of the Meteora tour and in a stadium filled with 60,000 screaming fans it was truly a spectacle. Other great memories would be working with my friends. Some are no longer with us but never forgotten like my great friend "rigger" Dan, a true character with great integrity. I truly miss him. Sometimes I will walk in a venue we worked together and forget he is gone..i've caught myself so many times looking for him. He was great though, always had a way of pulling the best out of people. An inspiring soul. RIP my friend. He worked with Linkin Park for at least four years.The SNL performances were great as well. I made it on the show twice handing guitars to Brad during the Band's second appearance on the show (during the ATS tour). That Madison Square Garden show the friday before was amazing too. My wife came to see me in New York and was there for both performances (MSG &SNL). Did Jay-Z come out that night? I can't remember but I do remember when he did that it was one of the loudest crowd noises I've ever heard in my life.

Worst memory with Linkin Park would be losing my grandfather. We were opening for Pearl Jam in Poland that night. Brad was true friend and came out and talked to me. At the time, I had just resently lost my mother, so I was already fragile. He died at 94 had a long life. He was the rock of my family so a huge loss. Sorry for the "departed" memories but you asked for the worst. You probably wanted something else..okay try this the last European tour, we did ten days of touring without a tour bus and no hotel rooms. We slept on commercial and charter planes through out Europe getting two or three hours of sleep at a time sitting in economy. That may be the worst actually. If that never happens again it will be to soon. We did the shows though.

Q:If you have anything to say to the Linkin Park fans, go ahead!

What can I say to the fans…I've been around this business basically my whole life and have seen many different types of fans. The LPU and even the more casual LP fan are some of the most loyal fans I have ever seen. These guys are truly lucky to have the fans they do!!!!! The fans are pretty lucky too, because this band wants their fans to be apart of the machine. Letting people see it from all angles and as up-close as they want to get. Most bands don't do that. Most bands take their audience for granted. I'm proud to work for this band. I believe in what they do and respect how they do it!!!!!!

Credits Lp fan corner

Meet the Linkin Park Crew: An Interview with Adam Ruehmer (LPUHQ)

Edited by sohail abbasi

• 3 months later...

Adam Ruehmer, also known as just Adam, is the man who works for Linkin Park at Machine Shop Marketing. His exact function is: Manager of Strategic Marketing for Linkin Park. He dedicates in creating marketing campaigns, releases, tours and special events. He takes care of the Linkin Park’s social networks; he administers Facebook, Twitter, Instragram, and LinkinPark.com

Mostly, he is known as the Manager of the Linkin Park official fan club, called LP Underground, producing the annual package which is send worldwide. Also, he administers the events related to the fan club such as the Meet & Greets, LP Underground Summits (For e.g. the ones made in London, Sydney, Chicago, Hamburg and Tokyo)

This is my English version of the Interview exclusive for LP Live Net.

---------------------

Work to Linkin Park, does not mean you have to be a fan of Linkin Park, do you consider yourself LP fan?

If so, since when?

I've told some of the band members before that, in a way, I consider myself the BIGGEST Linkin Park fan in the world. I have to be. I want to know what the fans want, what they're doing, what they're talking about, what they like and what they don't like. I didn't consider myself a "fan" before I started working for them (February 2008), but I would definitely say I enjoy their music now.

How did you met Linkin Park?

The first time I met the band was on the set of the "Leave Out All The Rest" video. I had been hired about a month or so before then as an assistant at their marketing company, Machine Shop.

What is your favorite Linkin Park's album and song right now?

Favorite album is A Thousand Suns. Favorite song is either Burning In The Skies or Lying From You. I think I listened to Burning In The Skies 100 times when I got my copy of ATS.

What music do you listen? What bands do you like?

I like all kinds of music. Some of my favorite artists/bands are New Found Glory, The Get Up Kids, Saves The Day, Millencolin, Michelle Branch, The Graduate, Ludacris, Over It, Taylor Swift, Weaver At The Loom... All of them have albums I listen to on a pretty regular basis.

Let's talk about LP Underground, tell us a little about the history of LPU, how borns LP Underground?

I'm probably not the person to answer this as I only joined the team in LPU7. The LPU was started by Jessica Bardas (now Jessica Sklar) with Linkin Park in 2001. She had been helping the band with the street team and worked at WBR previously.

How many years do have working for LPU and Linkin Park?

February 11, 2013 will be 5 years working for Linkin Park.

How are selected the Songs for the LPU CD's? Who choose the songs?

Songs are chosen mostly by the band. They go through what stuff they have and what they'd like you guys to hear. LPUHQ really doesn't have much say in it since we don't really even know what they have!

This year there will be more in LPU Auctions and Giveaways? If so, you could anticipate something?

Definitely. We're trying to fix our currently broken auction site as we speak. It's not cooperating with us!

What is your favorite story in LP Underground?

If you're asking about my favorite memory since working here, I have a few... FIRST is going on tour. I never in a million years thought I'd get to travel the world with a band. It's a dream come true. Meeting fans every single night is so awesome. SECOND would be the trip to South Africa and planting trees with the school children. That day literally changed the lives of many of us who were there. I've never met such pure and beautiful children in my life. THIRD would be the scavenger hunt. I didn't sleep for that 2 weeks. I was pretty much making it up as it went along, and while it was the most stressed I've ever been, it was also some of the most fun I've ever had. I never imagined it would work out as well as it did.

Did you know that our site has a project called BE UNDERGROUND, where we help Linkin Park fans who have no chance to buy memberships because of not having cards International to buy the LPU memberships? We had created more than 40 Accounts on LPU!. What do you think about it?

I did not know about that. That is very cool.

In Latin America we gave many gifts to the boys of Linkin Park during the M & G, did you know they had checked the gifts? Personally, with my girlfriend we gave them very funny things and a lot information about our country (Uruguay).

The guys look at all the gifts you guys give them and we make sure they are brought back safely to LA!

How was your first experience Touring with Linkin Park? Correct me if i'm wrong but 2012 was your first time with the band in a Tour.

Touring was AMAZING. I had no idea what to expect. A lot of the crew has been touring with them for a really long time, so I was a bit worried they wouldn't be very welcoming to me. Fortunately, the crew are some of the nicest people in the world, and they were all incredible and made me feel very welcome. I had no idea how exhausting touring was, especially in Europe. Going on tour was definitely an experience I wouldn't trade for the world.

Everyone imagine that working with Linkin Park is the best thing ever. You have reached much stress you at some point?

At the end of the day, it's a job. I'm very fortunate that this is my job, but it's still a job. I guess just as stressed, maybe even more so, than someone who works at a bank, or a grocery store or at some other job. Most of the time, I'm just as excited to go to work on Monday as everyone else is.... which is not very.

Lately, the guys of the Crew and you become very popular in Twitter, do you read everything that us (your followers) write to you?

Not everything, but lots of things. Always fun to hear from you guys though! Feel free to follow me @heydudeimadam if you're not already!

Do you know (and the band) the support the band has in Latin America? There are some websites like ours who work hard to bring the fans to Linkin Park, translating interviews and sharing everything. Did you visit Fan Sites?

We are all very aware of the support from Latin America and all over the world. I used to visit fansites every single day, but now I use twitter to keep up with the sites more than visiting them.

And the last one:

What are your favorite Fort Minor and Dead By Sunrise songs?

I don't think I have a favorite FM or DBS song. I dont think I've ever actually listened to the whole Fort Minor album (shh! don't tell Mike!) That came out a few years before I started working here. I guess I would say "Remember The Name" since that's the only song I can think of right now. HA! It's been a LOOOONG time since I listened to DBS. I think I remember I really liked "Fire" on that album.

Hope you like it guys.

All these interviews are made for my Website Wretches And Kings Net.