Interviews

hahninator

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Steve Aoki talks about his collaboration with Linkin Park, mentions that they've been writing 4 or 5 songs together & speaks about there Collab: ‘They’re The Rage Against The Machine Of Their Sound’.

=====

If it’s been said once, it’s been said a million times: kids just want to dance.

It’s an adage Steve Aoki knows well, as the Los Angeles-based DJ/producer has been at the forefront of the new dance music revival since the mid-‘00s. Among the most popular DJs on the global rave circuit, Aoki has worked with a wide range of marquee collaborators for his original productions, including Kid Cudi, Travis Barker and Weezer frontman Rivers Cuomo, all of whom appear on Aoki’s debut album, 2012’s Wonderland.

During an interview with Radio.com during this year’s Lollapalooza festival in Chicago, Aoki talked about what he’s got in store for his second artist album, Neon Future, which is still without a release date.

“I’ve got collaborations with Knife Party, R3hab, Flux Pavilion,” Aoki said regarding Neon Future before taking the stage for his Lollapalooza set. “In like a week or two, I’m going to perform with this band, one of my favorite bands ever, growing up. We’ve been writing like four or five songs together,” he added mysteriously, declining to name the band at the time.

We now know that the band to be was Linkin Park, with Aoki revealing the collaboration “A Light That Never Comes” during the DJs’ show during the Summer Sonic festival in Tokyo, Japan, over the weekend (August 10-11). Linkin Park members Chester Bennington and Mike Shinoda joined Aoki onstage to sing the song live over the DJ’s beats.

“They’re literally one of the biggest bands in the world, at least for me,” Aoki raved. “They’re like, literally one of the top 10 biggest bands in the world. I swear to God. Working with them is incredible.

“At least like, as far as influence in their culture, they’re to me like the Rage Against the Machine of their sound,” Aoki continued. “Rage Against the Machine is my favorite band, so…”

Aoki went on to ponder the chances of RATM ever reuniting again, heaping praise on the band’s reclusive frontman, Zach de la Rocha.

“I feel like Zach’s a very eccentric guy, and only works a certain way. At the same time, I have no idea who Zach is,” Aoki mused. “I just have like an idea of who Zach is, and I love that idea. He’s such a f***ing cool motherf*****. He’s always going to be like a living legend to me. If there’s one guy I look up to, it’s Zach de la Rocha.”

Upcoming appearances for Steve Aoki includes stops at New York’s Electric Zoo Festival 2013 scheduled for Labor Day weekend alongside such dance music heavyweights as Avicii, Tiesto, and David Guetta.

Aoki and other RATM fans might have something exciting to look forward to in 2014: early indications points towards the Rage-curated festival L.A. Rising gearing up for a return next summer. If Rage Against the Machine will headline the event (like they did in 2011) remains to be seen.

Source: http://news.radio.com/2013/08/13/steve-aok...of-their-sound/

Source #2: LP Times

Edited by XeroSkies%Emo360

We’ve been writing like four or five songs together,” he added mysteriously, declining to name the band at the time.

I knew it.

But the question is if they made 4-5 because they gonna release 4-5, or just to pick one from these 4-5.

Yo, if they release a Collision Course-like collaborative EP, I'll buy that fucker in an instant.

IF that is the plan then this is going to be F'N amazing. My bet is that there all for the Recharge game & by the end of the game we are going to have a full album of Steve/LP Collabs o.o

I'm sure they'll be released eventually, just like Blackbirds, but for now, the only confirmed source for the track(s) is LPRecharge

Blackbirds is LP song, and it was a bonus track for ATS. I really don't think they will release it as album bonus, so it will be standalone release - and about this I'm not 100% sure..

Blackbirds is LP song, and it was a bonus track for ATS. I really don't think they will release it as album bonus, so it will be standalone release - and about this I'm not 100% sure..

I just used Blackbirds as an example as it was also in an LP game. I'm not saying it will be released the same way, but I'd be shocked if it wasn't released in some way over iTunes, whether as a single or a full collab EP.

I just used Blackbirds as an example as it was also in an LP game. I'm not saying it will be released the same way, but I'd be shocked if it wasn't released in some way over iTunes, whether as a single or a full collab EP.

Don't be shocked ;), I know this is not like the others, but things happened.

The remaining songs could very well just be instrumental stuff, especially if it's all for LP Recharge. The beta already had 5 or 6 short instrumental tracks in it, I'd imagine those will be in the full game as well. Working with Steve may just be a matter of churning out enough music to fit in the game, with A Light That Never Comes being the reward for finishing it.