Interviews

hahninator

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This interview sucks...I loved his screaming. Everyone I know loves Chester's screaming vocals!!! I think he may scream on one song on the next album, just like Blackout with ATS.

Too early to assume that, but Perhaps on another song on a future album he will. In the meantime, look forward to LPUX, cause' I'm sure there are screaming on at least a couple songs on it :D

Hopefully this will make LP songs better.

Chevelle did a similar thing and dropped basically all screaming vocals from their songs and IMO their new album is easily their best.

I will miss Chester's screaming though :(

Saying he doesn't want to scream anymore doesn't mean he never ever will again for as long as he lives. He says he made up his mind 3 years ago...which was long before they recorded Blackout. That was probably even before he finished recording Out of Ashes, and there's screaming on that album too.

If a song calls for screaming, Chester will scream. You guys are making a big deal out of nothing (as usual).

Saying he doesn't want to scream anymore doesn't mean he never ever will again for as long as he lives. He says he made up his mind 3 years ago...which was long before they recorded Blackout. That was probably even before he finished recording Out of Ashes, and there's screaming on that album too.

If a song calls for screaming, Chester will scream. You guys are making a big deal out of nothing (as usual).

Agree, and one more thing he loves scream too...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

he doesn't like it when we think a song is ok. so he hates me because i think Hit the Floor is ok. Well, that was a great interview

Makes sense to me. And it makes sense considering Chester himself. I remember Mike saying once that Chester is very passionate. And i'd say yeah, given that he left his home and moved to L.A because he believed in the music and wanted to be a part of it without thoughts of the implication. Ergo, he likes the same kind of passion from other people. He would rather you felt passionate about the music than just lukewarm. He doesn't care if its love or hate because those feelings takes passion. I bet he is the sort of person who would rather have a small group of fans who loved the music with a passion than a large group filled with some who are just casual fans and go when the wind blows. And i would feel exactly the same way about my art. I would rather people hated my stories outright than say it was OK which to me = worse reception ever.

I like when he talked about Waiting for the End. Although, Mike was right. Getting the explanation for the songs sometimes ruins it. It's like a spoiler you never want to ever get.

Quite a good intrerview. I see where Chesters coming from about the music.

Personally when I make stuff I let other listen, I want to be like "hey this is cool lalala" or "I dont like it" because then its straight forward opinions. I dont want no half hearted shit questioning themselves whether they like it or not.

• 5 months later...