Interviews

hahninator

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike's hair = FAIL. IMO. Go back to the way it used to look!!! This is by far the worst hair I have ever seen on any LP band member. He looks so dirty too.

Anyways, not trying to sound weird or fanboyish. I don't think Iridescent is really a 'fan-favorite' at live shows at all. It certainly wasn't for me, especially when it opened the ENCORE in Boston. Why in the world they would open an encore with Iridescent is beyond me. It's s great and beautiful song, but I don't think it's as great for live shows as it is in movies like Transformers or for radio, etc.

I think Burning In The Skies would actually have been a great song for T3. The lyrics definitely relate to the Transformers movies, and it's sounds similar to WID and ND enough.

Edited by Geki

^ Though as touring restarts in June, now would be the optimum time to shoot the video, as the band's schedule is pretty empty. Anyway, interested to see how it will turn out. I assume this will be the last ATS video, which is a shame as I'd hoped they'd do a live footage one for Wretches and Kings... oh well.

• 6 months later...

In a new interview with Artist Direct, Mike talks about scoring the Indonesian action film "The Raid" for its US release in 2012. He discusses how the process of writing for a movie versus writing a song and other factors in scoring, along with an update on Music for Relief. Notably, he mentions he's made the decision to "essentially abandon the use of electric guitars" for the score and that "super heavy" moments are achieved by "super-distorted percussive and melodic sounds". He is working with Joe Trapanese, who worked as Daft Punk's scoring partner for Tron: Legacy and on strings for M83's new album.

Read the interview here:

http://www.artistdirect.com/entertainment-...g-music/9517876

The (particularly violent, NSFW) red band trailer can be seen on MTV's website here:

http://www.mtv.com/videos/movie-trailers/6.../the-raid.jhtml

Edited by letdownagain

• 2 months later...

http://japancinema.net/2012/02/01/creative...3-mike-shinoda/

Also suggests a Summer 2012 release for the new album! With so many people saying the same thing, from so many sources, one begins to wonder...

Source: Mike's twitter.

I found the whole interview to be pretty interesting. And yeah, the end of the article says a "summer 2012" release, so that's another source sort of confirming that date. Gettin' pumped!

• 4 months later...

Two days ago, the british tv-channel UKChannel4 broadcasted an episode of Freshly Squeezed (a kind of british brakefast-MTV), featuring an interview with Chester Bennington, talking about the new record Living Things. I recorded the show and uploaded the interview on youtube, so you can watch it if you might have missed it.

Any thoughts about what Chester said ?

What do you now expect the album to sound like ?

Best regards,

Jats

The guy at the beginning is a bit of a moron. But other than that, cool interview. Chester doesn't need to change his name. He is the frontman for the biggest rock band in the world right now.

The guy at the beginning is a bit of a moron. But other than that, cool interview. Chester doesn't need to change his name. He is the frontman for the biggest rock band in the world right now.

I know, it's not just me right? They seemed a little too sarcastic towards him...

Anyways can't wait to see the metal influences Chester talked about B)