Interviews

hahninator

9 days it's out there..

So excited to announce my single with Linkin Park - "A Light that Never Comes"!! Amazing collaborating with these guys - can't wait for you all to hear the song!

Source.

Is it worth a newswire post? There are too many threads about that song already lol.

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They even advertise the song and LPrecharge on german television by text and sound (clips of the song playing in the background).

I also think this could be a lot bigger than we thought. I mean that's already more promotion than for LT lol jk

• 1 month later...

Pretty good chat. I wonder why Mike didn't want to answer the question about LOATR, probably because he doesn't like to tell people what his lyrics are about. Anyways, the last part of the interview is awesome. Mike has definitely been listening to some decently heavy stuff.. I hope it influences the next LP a little bit, I don't want a soft album, or a EDM influenced album. But he pretty much confirmed that the next LP album won't sound like ALTNC here.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Here is the interview with Warren Willis, Sound Engineer of Linkin Park for Joe Hahn and Mike Shinoda, and computer programmer in the studio.

Enjoy.

What are your musical influences?

"I am A DJ and a drummer. So, I like all kinds of music… but I have been a drum ‘n bass fan for as long as can remember."

What are your favorite bands or musicians?

"Currently I am listening to… I Am Legion, Pendulum (Knife Party), and Chase and Status."

Besides Linkin Park, did you worked with other artists or are you working with other artists?

"I have worked for… Slipknot, Ke$ha, Scissor Sisters, Demi Lovato, Jessica Simpson, and A.F.I."

Besides your work as a engineer, do you have other personal projects related with music?

"I DJ around LA, and I am currently playing drums in a project with Kalen Chase from the KoRn backing band. The group is called “The War Effort”."

When you started to work with Linkin Park?

"I started working with LP just before the Honda Civic Tour… So I have been with them a little over a year."

How did you met Linkin Park? Tell us about that first day of work.

"Joe (Hahn) and I have some friends in common.. so when he was looking for a new tech, my name came up.. I wasn’t doing anything at the time, so it worked out perfectly. My first day of work was at Joe’s house.. helping him come up with a design for his setup for the Honda Civic Tour."

What is your role in the Crew and what are your functions in the Linkin Park Crew?

"I started out working for Joe… But now that LP is recording, I have taken on the role of computer programmer, in addition to working for Joe. I am working with Mike (Shinoda) to build him a new keyboard setup that incorporates some new stuff from Dell and OpenLabs."

How is working for/with Joe Hahn?

"Working for Joe and the LP camp is great. It has been the best experience."

How was your first experience Touring with Linkin Park?

"The LP family is such a tight knit crew that touring with them feels like I’m chilling at home with friends, only there is a huge rock concert at the end of every day."

What are your favorite venues to play?

"Large outdoor stadiums with lots of people going crazy."

How many time before a tour start you guys know where and when you will be playing?

"We know everywhere we are going months ahead of time."

How is the life of a crew member while you are working on tour with the band?

"We are treated extremely well everywhere we go… Everyone loves LP."

What do you think about the Latin American crowds?

"They are crazy! In Mexico city the crowd broke the barricade and the police had to show up.."

What is your favorite Linkin Park's album and songs?

"I have a great time during shows, all the songs that are played live are great. But recently my favorite songs are Lost In The Echo and Castle Of Glass."

How many chances Latinamerica have to recieve a new Tour down here?

"Latin America is always an amazing place to visit and put on a show… we will definitely be back… We should be coming back to South America after it is done."

Also Lorenzo Errico was interviewed by WaK last week, here.

If you guys want to help out sharing the original interview here is the link.

Edited by maik_gianino

• 2 months later...

https://r7---sn-aiglln7k.googlevideo.com/videoplayback?source=youtube&upn=g2bhPllVNvM&sparams=id%2Cip%2Cipbits%2Citag%2Cratebypass%2Crequiressl%2Csource%2Cupn%2Cexpire&signature=7ED8700EA5112B58274054D8B693BC43C1F6EE2B.506FB06FA0FB451D792B517EC

60672160068001B&key=yt5&ip=90.215.6.36&requiressl=yes&fexp=943907%2C938633%2C945804%2C916623%2C937417%2C913434%2C936910%2C936913%2C934022%2C3300022%2C3300111%2C3300131%2C3300137%2C3300161%2C3310366%2C3310624%2C3310649&ratebypass=yes&expire=1395339682&itag=18&ipbits=0&id=71d1d6cc3dd52384&sver=3&title=RockCircustv%20interviews%20Linkin%20Park&cpn=FIONUlaTx6fXgnUG&redirect_counter=1&cms_redirect=yes&ms=nxu&mt=1395313698&mv=m

download link from youtube :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

http://www.guitarworld.com/interview-linkin-park-guitarist-brad-delson-talks-new-album-hunting-party#slide-3

Interview with Brad about the new album, goes over a lot of stuff that we've heard before, but at the very end, there's an interesting quote regarding the band's touring plans:

What are Linkin Park's touring plans for this album?

For 2014, we have our European festival run starting in June. Then we have Carnivores with that AFI and 30 Seconds To Mars. Then we plan on having more dates in the States later in the year and into 2015.

Does this mean the band will be doing a second U.S. tour shortly after Carnivores? Perhaps a fall/winter arena tour?