LPU 9.0 CD Discussion

hahninator

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A-6

Drums sound a lot nicer than the ones on the LPU2. But I missed the scratches from joe. The keyboard filling in the background (method used in many songs on HT) makes a welcome return.

This song also shows off Rob's drumming a bit better than other songs. Shame they could think of any melody/lyrical ideas for this song, or at least used it to open shows with.

Faint

Mike's rap is cool on this, and the guitar part in the verses is a bit refreshing with the bass coming in on part 2. I do however, prefer Faint from Meteora.

Sad

My December on the keyboard part? This is a good insight on how mike/joe cme up with the beats tho. Just changing them slowly until they found the "right" one. This is a very cool wor in progress song.

Fear

I hated the nonsence rap, and I agree with what Mike said in the MTM dvd, that it sounds very cliche for a band like them to just stick it in like that. Again, prefer the final product. Even lyrically I prefer the final, as this deals with finding identy (much like somewhere I belong was) and the final deals with wanting to leave you identy on earth with a postive energy rather than a bad one which is a much better message.

Figure Point Xero Nine

Much heavier riff than he final, made me bang my head. The pre chorus reminded me of Queen Of The Damned for some reason. The chorus musically reminded me of "Never Ment To Hurt You So Bad" by Crazy Town. NO, NO TURNING BACK!!!!! was amazing tho.

Stick N Move

Sounded like a hypnotic song, like something joe would play between songs or even an intro to Runaway. Still a nice work in progress again

Across the Line

Didn't like how this opened, it's not as strong as the other songs on MTM imo. Lyrically it is good, but musically.....it just fails to keep my attention until the overdrive starts.

Drawing

Wasn't expecting to hear the guitar on this at all. The drum beat malipulation at the end does get a bit Aphix Twin / DJ Shadow and almost becomes too much for your ears.....espeically with headphones on. It like Mike just got too excited and put every idea in he could think of.

Drum Song

As a drummer, loved this song. Love the piano gave it a calmer attitude than the acoustic did. I liked that the full band came in sooner as well. This is one where I am almost tempted to say I like the structure more than the final......it's just a shame that mike/chester hadn't written any lyrics for the verses yet.

Overall I'm happy we've finally got these demos and I hope that both LP and LP management see the positive effect it has had on sales for the LPU and LPU member satisfaction and continue to do this in the future.

I havent been able to hear the album yet, but I have heard Across the Line.

Wow, I am really at a loss at to why they cut some of the most unique songs from m2m. It is a really cool song..too bad it was so short.. That said I wonder how far along across the line was in this form..

Hearing the impressions of the other songs is torture, I really wish I could get out to best buy, but I have to wait =P. Ah, I guess thats what I get for breaking the news about LPU8 last year.. =P

A-Six - Cool instrumental, I wish there was vocals though.

Faint - I wish there were some Chester vocals except for that one scream. I like the rapping though.

Sad - Really short, but cool.

Fear - Kinda wishing we got the version shown on the MTM DVD but oh well. I still love it.

Figure.09 - Really different than the final version but I like it. It gets pretty heavy...

Stick And Move: Disappointed that there are no vocals from Chester or any vocal at all for that matter. Like Sad, it's too short.

Across The Line: Amazing fucking song, I love the lyrics and melody. I wish this was on MTM.

Drawing: Pretty cool, I love it.

Drum Song: It's awesome. The drumming is really good.

EDIT: SHINODA IS GOD.

Edited by Geki

Across the Line = FREAKIN INSANE!! (it turn my s*x really sick haha)

drawing, drum song, fear = oooh boi, I'm in love with those!!!

faint, figure9 are just good as demos.

A six = mahh..

sad, snm = unecessary...

Edited by jurhiat

Your not alone with the "donna don nana" lyrics Mark. I enjoy them also :)

Hell yes. I love them too. I think its awesome how the epic drum bridge(?) gets used twice in the demo.

As for everything else = pure awesome. Faint demo is EPIC. ATL is amazing. I see why it didnt make the album, but it would have made sense to add ATL and NRL. In between is fail. Everytime I listen to a.06 I picture mike rapping over because I think if they do add lyrics, thats what theyll do.

LOVE IT.

i also think ATL would've been awesome on MtM, even though some of you say that it sounds nothing like LP. i can't agree with that... it's actually the fact that it sounds differently, which makes it very MtM-ish... they were always saying: 'the album's gonna be totally different from everything we did before.' i mean... when i first heard in between, i also thought: man, that's different! and now, nobody would say, that it sounds nothing like LP...

i guess, the problem mike has with singing the songs live is, that they're pretty high for him. it sounds awesome, but i can also hear, that it's exhausting for his voice... like on drum song (which is one of my favs on the cd) he seems way more comfortable with his singing, since it's a bit lower than fear, for example...

all in all: figure.09, drum song, fear and ATL are my favs... but, however, i love the whole cd... :lol:

I know, but most "demos" that are released or leak out are more finished than any of the songs on the cd except Across the Line. These are what I would consider to be like demos in their rawest form or something. I just figured it would be more like all the Hybrid Theory demos

Basically I want to hear what that version of Figure.09 would've sounded like completed with a full production and stuff, cause from that little bit its just as good as the Meteora version imo B)

Dude ATL sounds more studio like because it was in the final 17. and as far Faint and fig.09 are concern they are about 6-7 old then completion of album.

Talking about HT Demos. they were so purified because they were working on that songs for about 5 years.

Across The Line: To be honest, I don't get everyone saying how this didn't end up on MTM. It takes 2mins for anything of any merit to happen then kinda dies out from there. Not really a winner for me.

I don't like that song too. The programming is just disastrous and doesn't really fit to the vocal melody. The only interesting things are the bass line and the rhythm change at the end of the song. I'm kinda shocked that people are asking why ATL was not on the album :blink:

im not sure if this has already been said, but in between is much better than across the line

For sure. There's a world of difference between those songs!

Edited by BNCMajor

the only song i've heard is ATL (on youtube) but i can already tell the cd's gonna kick ass.

I fucking hate my town's Best Buy!!! :angry: Why don't they have it?!?!?!!!! :angry:

anyway <_< love the song!! a little short, but its all good. im gonna try and do a remix if i get the chance.

oh, and @Astat, lol. Do you think you could give me lessons? :P

i think Fear sounds like something that would be put on a HT part 2. It has the same sing and rap to it almost. Although i think is awesome and they should've finished it personally but the finished product is better for sure. ATL is quite amazing, they should play it live

jesus fucking christ, help me guys, im just too excited at the moment, when i started with a-six i just went crazy i mean vocals on it would be good (only agressive tho) but as it is its just awesome. i love the faint demo as well for the approx. 1 minute instrumentals of the known demos, i love fear, i hate LOATR but i love fear, and why? cause its mike singing there, you can feel that he got that from FM, chester over it is just lame imo, f.09 rocks, the guitar at the beginning is awesome, across the line is not my fav, its obvious that its MTM style, although i love the bridge of it, drum song.. what shall i say? same as loatr, mike's voice rocks :)