LPU 9.0 CD Discussion

hahninator

The demos are pretty neat. I can see now what they mean when they had to rewrite the material multiple times. But ATL is by far one of the better tracks from the MTM sessions. Reminds me a bit of In Pieces. Now after hearing it, I actually would have preferred it to have made the record than Bleed It Out and No Roads Left over In Between.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the best LPU-CDs so far.

Love to hear Mike on Fear (also i'm happy Chester sang LOATR in the end) and Drum Song. Figure09 Bridge is really kickass, too, love Chesters screams. I like every song I think, the small Instrumentals are solid. ATL is not one of my favs thou. Just liked some parts of the end, the song is okay. But NRL is waaayyys better and I think all MtM songs are better than that, the song just seems unfinished (maybe because it's a demo ^^....)

where can i get it? PM?

You got to be fucking kidding me.

A.Six - Really cool song, the extended parts are really something, but it was a good choice to just short it down for LPU2.

Faint(Demo) - It's alright, i like the half bad guitar quality. Mike rapping is cool as well, but not my cup of tea to be honest.

Sad - Really awesome, like the first ever part of By myself that mike and hahn put together, something that i really want more of, sadly wont happen though.

Fear - Great, Mike on vocals, sure not as good as the original obviously, not because of the nah nah's, just doesn't work to compare. What is up with Mike's 50 cent gangsta rappin though?

Figure.09 (Demo) is badass, real hardcore stuff of Meteora, really cool lyrics.

Stick and move - I think its badass because of the same reason with "Sad", just the sound of it, way to go mike and hahn!

Across The Line - Really cool song, probably the heaviest around the MTM era, closest to meteora as well. Dont know what the fuck everyone is talking about that its not LP, that is for sure LP.

Drawing(BTH demo) - Instrumental, cool i guess, the beats were awesome.

Drum Song(LTGYA demo) - Mike singing as well, which makes this song really cool too, because i think we all like it because we all wanted to hear this and "Fear" after the "Making of MTM". More of these kind of vocals Mike, in between, NO!

A-Six: Amazing. I love this so much more than the original.

Faint: Really nice raps and the guitar in the verses is cool.

Sad: Yeah...

Fear: This one is beautiful. The raps are hilarious.

Figure.09: Love the chorus. I don't really care for the bridge or the rest of the song for that matter.

Stick and Move: I give this one a "Xero" out of 10.

Across the Line: It's okay, but I don't really like it. Probably one of my least favorite LP songs. Why does In Between get so much hate? I think that's their most understood song. It happens to be one of my all time favorites.

Drawing: The beat in this gets really interesting. Very nice.

Drum Song: This, like the others are extremely early. I expected more "complete" versions, but whatever lol

Hmm, would be happy to hear something about the download song... :)

About the LPU:

A-Six: Fucking sick! Would be even better with lyrics. Kind of monotonous to me, maybe that's why the shortened it, but still a very good song!

Faint: Very, very strange. Where the fuck was Chester when they recorded it? :lol: It's obvious that they left his part unrecorded. But it's still a good demo, very different from the original. Like it.

Sad: Too short. Different from all the By Myself demos we have. It's good, but I expected more from it.

Fear: One of my favourites. Mike's awesome! The chorus rocks. He's voice is higher than NRL, for God's sake. :lol: Love it.

Figure.09: Another one of my favourites. It's completely different than the original - like a new song. Chester sounds amazing on it.

Stick N' Move: Short. Expected more.

Across The Line: The fucking best! Love every line from this song. The lyrics are awesome, different from most of LP's. The melody rocks, Chester sounds awesome. It should've been on M2M. With NRL - 14 songs would have been much better. By the way, I think it would be an amazing song for a concept album.

Drawing: Not bad, but I wish there were vocals. Still like it, but it's kind of boring to me.

Drum Song: Beautiful! Mike sounds awesome on it! Tha "nah-nah" part is kind of addicting. :lol:

Favourites /in the proper order/: Across The Line, Fear, Figure.09

Least favourites: Stick N' Move, Sad

Out of Earth. Looking forward to seeing what the download song is. :)

The CD is solid. After LPU8, really, no one should be complaining about the content.

As with the others, ATL is the best track on there. The instrumentals are great, and the alternate versions of songs are cool. I haven't been able to give the songs much of a listen yet to give more of an in-depth opinion; these are first glances.

for people don't have it yet

go on youtube and listen to it

once you get the money go buy it

oh btw would u guys think the package be on sale during black friday at best buy?

Yeah, if some already have it out now, I would imagine most stores would have it out on Friday.

I'm not really sure about "Across The Line". For some reasons, I don't like it as much as New Divide for exemple..

Mhm, what can I say about the CD? I love it! Fear is so fucking awesome. They should have put it on the album instead of Leave Out All The Rest - it rocks much more with Mike's vocals.

Yes, it's just awesome. I was very excited for the Figure.09 demo and I was blown away. Wanna have the full package now, lol :D

A-Six:

This is pretty cool. Based on the structure (a pretty defined verse-chorus repeating thing), it sounds like this was originally supposed to be a full song that they never came up with lyrics for, so they re-wrote it later on as a short instrumental. Kinda disappointed that the second riff from the short version of A.06 is nowhere to be found in this version, but this is still probably my second favorite song on the disc.

Faint:

Cool to hear that this version has the original guitar part in it that you can see Brad recording on LPTV. Some pretty interesting musical changes and some of Mike's lyrics are pretty good, but it kind of stinks that Chester's only input on this one is the lone scream at the end of the bridge. Obviously they hadn't come up with a chorus for this one yet at the time this demo was recorded.

Sad:

Hmm. I'd assume this is the initial "seed" that was refined into Super Xero, and later into By Myself. Short, but interesting, and totally different from any of the other By Myself demos we have.

Fear:

Kind of disappointed in this one, I was hoping we'd get the version heard on the Making of Minutes to Midnight, where Mike's singing the same melody from the final version, with different lyrics. I like the alternate melody on this version, and it's cool to hear that Mike was at least thinking about putting a rap part in the song at one point, but the lyrics are obviously in an extremely early stage at this point, and the music is barely any different from the final version, so it doesn't have too many redeeming qualities compared to other songs on the disc.

Figure.09:

This is so different from the final version, it's barely even the same song! Chester sounds good, but this is essentially the opposite of the Faint demo: The chorus was done, but the verses were missing. The chorus reminds me a lot of a song by another band, but I can't remember what it is right now.

Stick and Move:

Biggest disappointment on the disc. I was hoping for a Chester-sung version of the song, instead we essentially get the sampled beat from the Xero version with all the other music stripped away. I can see how this falls in chronologically, they probably didn't care for the original Stick N' Move much, so they stripped it down and re-wrote it from the ground up. I'm surprised this doesn't at least have the guitar riff over it though, as that's the one really obvious similarity between Runaway and the Xero demo of this song.

Across the Line:

This is a REALLY good song. It kind of reminds me of Carousel lyrically, with one verse talking about a guy and the other talking about a girl, and how both of them deal with their demons. This came a long way from the early "Japan" stage. I kind of have a feeling this was cut from the album because it shares some lyrical themes with Hands Held High, and they probably felt they had to pick one over the other. HHH is a better song regardless of how good ATL is, so they made the right choice there. And assuming this is one of the 4 b-sides that were cut from the final tracklisting of MTM, that means there are only two left that we don't have, the famous "sixth string song" being one of them.

Drawing:

Very different from what I was expecting. The original keyboard strings are cool, but Mike must have had a spaz attack or something starting with the second verse. The Aphex Twin-like beats throughout the rest of the song are really distracting, I'm pretty glad they did away with those.

Drum Song:

Kind of the same comments I had about Fear. On the LPU Referral Contest video, you can hear part of the song where it sounds essentially like the final version, just with Mike singing instead of Chester. This is obviously a much earlier version than that one. Unlike Fear however, this one has a bunch of musical differences that make it pretty cool, even if there are hardly any real lyrics in it.

I won't rate each song on a scale of 1-10 like I usually do with reviews, just because the scores wouldn't really reflect how much I like the songs. I don't find any of the 8 demo versions "better" than their final versions, but in most cases it's hard to even compare them in that sense because these are such early versions, even compared to the existing demos we had. The bottom line with these songs is that I'd much rather have them than not have them.

Favorites: Across the Line, A-Six

Least favorites: Fear, Stick and Move

Astat would you be playing these song on your videos?

like doing a cover

I'll at least do Across the Line eventually, once I figure it out. Probably A-Six too. I've never really bothered with guitar parts for demos in the past though, so I'm not sure about doing everything.

A-Six - Wow! I never thought it would kick so much ass. I just wished they would of put a little vocals in it.

Faint - I love mike's rap, they could of put the chorus, it would be awesome. It kinds of reminds me of reading my eyes, mike should do one his verses like this live.

Sad - Kind of short, but it an older demo. Most like 10 years old.

Fear - Leave out all of the rest is one of my favorite song in mtm. I love mike singing this, They would of kept mike's rapping in the final version. Reminds me of a Fort Minor song, idk which but i love it.

Figure.09 - Another great song. It's heavier than the original, the bridge kicks ass though.

Stick And Move - Another short instrumental. I really cant hear "runaway" in it.

Across The Line - I love how the song grows, you can tell they didnt put the final touches in it. I think it deserved it, more than "in between" or at least an a bonus next to NMRL. Oh and it was just amazing when it got the part that we all know and love. the famous Da na na part. OMG it was amazing, they fit prefectly. Try it. By far the climax of this whole album. It's always awesome hearing new LP music, and now i really cant wait until the new album. This song need to go all the way.

Drawing - An amazing Instrumental. And we finally have a full Instrumental of BTH XD but this one has amazing scratchings in it, maybe a little too much. BUT still a great song, songs more like a remix than a demo. But lets be honest, Joe would die every show if has to do that all the time XD

Drum Solo - Totally a different song, i know its not that different but the chorus makes it a different song completely. They should of kept most of mike's singing parts in the final version. I also love we can hear the drums better than in the orginal.

LPU 9 - By far the best LPU ever. I love all of it. The only i would change is a better pick in the HT demos. But still great songs, I'm going to buy my copy of it on Black Friday at 4 am!! If not, the for Christmas biggrin.gif People show really buy this istead of just downloading it, it's a great part that will go great in your LP collection biggrin.gif Plus the shirts looks awesome

9.8/10

I think this LPU is very good, from the first song you feel like listening to everything and not jump to that most want to hear, but I have a doubt...which is the surprise or the extra supposed to come in this new LPU? No one has again mentioned

Across The Line - ... you can tell they didnt put the final touches in it.

I agree here. It doesn't have duh nuhs but it's pretty obvious the song is flawed... To fit into MTM they'd have polished it way more. It would rock, I'd say.