LPU 9.0 CD Discussion

hahninator

Hola amigos. I just got in from a long day...traveled from Atlanta to Nashville and back....but on the way I did pick up LPU 9 at Best Buy in Tennessee and was able to jam out to the tracks in the car!

My question to you is - what do you think of the CD? Maybe give a song by song review? Interested in hearing what some of you think. I'll do one as well shortly.

Few things to keep in mind:

- No download links

- No posts requesting "please PM me a copy of the CD". That = spam. Spam = sux.

No we aren't any forum-Nazi's, but we don't need a repeat of the Dead By Sunrise CD release with 200+ posts just requesting a PM for the CD. It's the LPU - either join the site on Dec 4 or go to Best Buy.

Thanks and have a nice day.

Oh yeah, "Across The Line" is fucking sweet. My last statement of the day is: What the hell was LP smoking when they didn't put both "Across The Line" and "No Roads Left" on the album but put "In Between" on it? That might not be appropriate to say, but I thought I'd throw it out there anyway for discussion. LPU 9 chat, go go go!

Thanks to Nick and Wilderness for keeping the site in line and to Adam for the heads up on everything today.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LPU 9 is dead set the best CD they've put out. The demos are amazing, and Across The Line is pretty sweet. I agree, No Roads Left and Across The Line totally should've been on Minutes To Midnight. I love the Faint & Figure .09 demos too. But all and all it's a damn good LPU CD.

A-six seems to polished and the awesome scratches are gone = fail

faint = epic awesomeness, good lines

sad = good instrumental

fear = something different but i really like it

figure = awesome

stick n move = too short and no lyrics :/

ATL = awesome song!

Drawings = nice instrumental

drum song = pretty cool

best by far are faint figure and ATL.

overall a great lpu

Across The Line is just epic. Awesome song and deep meaning.

Faint Demo would be epic too if it was release without Chester's missing part. I love the "new" Mike's rapping verses. I love it

Do i heard a bit of Reanimation style in the beginning?

Figure.09 is very unxpected! A bit repetitive but i like it.

A-Six: bah, i prefer the LPU2 one

Sad and Stick And Move: uhm, i don't know what to say

Drawing: i love it, and is instrumental! Reanimation style too in the middle of the song?

Fear and Drum Song: Yeah @ Mike!

LMAO i posted something similar with what were they smoking lol. Well i believe its some of the best work i've heard (SHINODA FTW!).

A-Six is just pure awesomeness. Its longer whats not to like? It sounds great!

Across The Line. Phoaw! Best fucking track LP has ever done! (IMO) and it was only a demo!

Faint sounds badass, great demo, both elements i like/dislike about it.

Figure.09, the song is heavier! =====MORE ROCK!!!! Some of the lyrics i dont like thats because the Meteora version fits perfectly.

Fear, MY FUCKING GOD! I Just about died! Shinoda fucking made LOATR even better! He sounds like a combo of Chester singing, and Mikes singing on NRL.

Drum Song, The start almost had me turn it off, but when the track kicked in i was instantly hooked! It started great, and ended much better.

Sad, Like what a tease! I prefer it heaps better than By Myself's instrumental. IT JUST ROCKS!

Stick and Move, a waste of fucking space. Let the EP down IMO.

Drawing, sounds radical, there are tons of awesome things about it. Now that i've heard it that whole 10min instrumental sounds much better!

LPU9 simply rocks, and shreds the shit out of anything else ive heard so far. SHINODA FTW!!

A-Six (Original Long Version 2002)

-i love it, great instrumental, sounds like it could maybe have vocals tho

Faint (Demo 2002)

-love mikes rapping

Sad ("By Myself" Demo 1999)

-its lame for being so short and no vocals, but other than that i enjoy it

Fear ("Leave Out All the Rest" Demo 2006)

-dont like the scatting and don donas at all, do like the parts where mike is actually singing tho, wish the whole song would have had completed lyrics, whether or not LP thought they were good or not

Figure.09 (Demo 2002)

-again love this, no complaints

Stick And Move ("Runaway" Demo 1998)

-would have loved a longer version with chesters vocals...i like it alot tho, even tho it sounds like video game music haha :P

Across The Line (Unreleased Demo 2007)

-also love it, can see why they didnt put it on m2m tho

Drawing ("Breaking The Habit" Demo 2002)

-its ok, basically a slightly different instrumental version of breaking the habit to me tho

Drum Song ("Little Things Give You Away" Demo 2006)

- see "Fear".....do like the different instrumental parts tho

overall its a great cd, thannx for making this happen LP! :lol:

A-Six - Sounds like LP took a full instrumental idea for a song but couldn't come up with lyrics for it so they threw it on LPU 2. Good choice. Interesting to see how the whole thing panned out.

Faint - Reanimated intro guitar all chopped up 'n shit, yo. Mike Shinoda rapping ftw. Reminds me of a newer Reading My Eyes...the rapping is fast as hell...Mike destroys it up and down. Great display of talent...cool demo. Would've liked to hear the David Campbell original strings demo but this works too.

Sad - Maybe should've had Papercut here. The instrumental is cool but yeah there's no lyrics, kinda short. I mean don't get me wrong, I like the instrumental a lot but I think the space could've been utilized a bit better for this track.

Fear - God damn incredible. Period. Mike singing is fucking insanely good...I love this track. Mike sounds way better than Chester on it in my opinion even. Wow, he just tears it apart. I really like the Donnanana vocals on there too - that gives us a great insight into the Rick Rubin situation with MTM. 2nd fav track on the CD - Epic win on this track. Fear owns.

Figure.09 - Cool. Would've liked Mike on vocals though. Bridge is badass. Chorus is ehh. I prefer the Donnanana method Rubin used versus the old LP method of writing random shit until you come up with the right vocals. Interesting track but nothing I'd listen to repeatedly.

Stick N Move - Hate to say it but definitely the low point of the CD. Waste of space almost. It's like they took 30 seconds of the instrumental of the Stick N Move we had (but in higher quality) and threw it on there. I thought this would help bridge the gap between Stick N Move and Runaway but I guess not, lol. Would've liked vocals or a longer track or something for sure.

Across The Line - How in the hell was this not on MTM? This is AWESOME. Lyrics, instrumental, bridge, structure, EVERYTHING. What a song, fav on the CD for sure. Fuck this is great. I hope they play it live. Great great track...excellent material right here.

Drawing - It's alright. Intro is cool and how the guitar comes in and all but they get a little sample-heavy near the end. It's like an LP remixer trying to Reanimate the end of the instrumental lol. Cool I guess but not a big fan of how much shit starts going on at the end.

Drum Song - Love it. I like the how the structure is different - there's piano everywhere and the drum piece is at the beginning. I bet there's a lot of demos of this song - the ebow demo of it and I'm sure there's more vocal demos and such. I like this one a lot, Mike singing is always a win. Badass demo.

I think LPU 9 is the best LPU CD since ... LPU 1. Across The Line is just awesome. It's a shame that neither No Roads Left nor Across The Line made it on the album. :(

Hahninator, I've got a question for you: Adam said something about a bonus. Is it another song that we get if we renew our LPU Membership?

IMO the current structure of LOATR with the same Lyrics featuring Mike on all vocals (insert his rap bit too) would be an awesome track. (IMa try and mash em sometime)

And as for Across the Line....Epic

A-Six: Awesome my second favorite off the cd

Faint: really cool, but I wish it had the chorus as well

Sad: too short

Fear: I really like the chorus, but other than that nothing too special

Figure.09: by far my favorite song on this ep, I would've loved to hear this version fleshed out more and completed. The ending is so much heavier than most of anything they've done.

Stick and Move: Big disappointment, I was looking for some Chester on vocals also too short

Across the Line: I really like the instruments in the song, don't like the lyrics so this was a bit of a "meh" for me

Drawing: really cool instrumental

Drum Song: not feeling this one too much.

All in all while I was pleased, I'm a little bit disappointed because I figured that most of the songs would be more fleshed out near completed tracks (like the hybrid demos). Not a bad LPU cd, Figure.09 is what made this cd for me though. Without it I don't know how I would've felt about the cd