Linkin Park releasing "Friendly Fire"

DCrecelius

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Trumtram said:

I still think it's an epic song with an atmospheric and intense vibe. The breakdown is Metallica-esque and it escalates further and further until it collapses. Love it.

It is epic, has a great vibe, I just think the execution is poor for a track from Linkin Park

Man you guys are beating this dude's ass in this thread lol. None of that has anything to do with this Greatest Hits or whatever this is gonna be.

I thought the missing track 14 was just a mistake by the marketing team once Friendly Fire was announced as track 20, but it's been long enough now that it must be deliberate, right? The lack of THP tracks is weird and the secrecy is weird, and honestly, the placement is weird, too. Putting something new in the middle of the track list feels like an odd sequencing move, even considering that this is very clearly sequenced in a particular way. I guess we'll probably know soon enough, but I have to admit the marketing has been strange.

Plus, that bright-ass green is an awful color, sorry! Hopefully it's not as dominant on the actual art as it is so far.

58 minutes ago, Trumtram said:

I still think it's an epic song with an atmospheric and intense vibe. The breakdown is Metallica-esque and it escalates further and further until it collapses. Love it.

53 minutes ago, SardonicallyParanoid said:

It is epic, has a great vibe, I just think the execution is poor for a track from Linkin Park

ALITS is one of my favorite tracks tbh. It feels like it tells a story similar to how Green Day has Jesus of Suburbia or Sum41 did the trilogy of songs on Screaming Bloody Murder. Yeah, it jumps between styles, but I feel there's an understood progression that reminds me of Wake. In a looser sense, it feels like a mix of THP songs as well as their overall catalog until that album. It's sad that it doesn't hit the same way for others (that's on the song, not a 'you just don't get it' sense).

1 hour ago, Trumtram said:

this. ALITS feels carefully crafted, and it’s just an absolute beast. 

3 hours ago, AParallelogramInTheSand said:

I'm having flashbacks to Tribal Ink songs being spread around limewire as unreleased LP songs lol 

2 hours ago, WildernessHasLeftTheChat said:

ohh yeah THAT Minutes to Midnight leak 😂

We're OLD. 

12 hours ago, JZLP-NaughtyNottingham said:

https://www.facebook.com/share/p/RGkp5B74AHhsyKEi/?mibextid=oFDknk

You are being burned right now on a latin america LP Facebook page

Whats up w that ? @NJPLP

Average facebook fanpage behavior aka no research done whatsoever.

4 hours ago, WildernessHasLeftTheChat said:

Can we all just agree as adults not to update Genius the second we have the slightest whiff of unconfirmed information? There is zero rhyme or reason to put things we don’t actually know on there. There is no reward/award for having a water droplet of ‘insider information’ - it’s not a flex, it’s a bit weird, and it misleads other fans of the music.

It’s not a show of knowledge, it’s evidence of a lack thereof.

Agreed. People should stick to Linkinpedia instead.

24 minutes ago, bloodbath said:

Track 14 is Carousel

No, seriously, I'd love they include a HTEP track. 

It's not a hit. Isn't the point of a Greatest Hits to release hits? No Given Up and Shadow of the Day is surprising. Or anything from THP. Friendly Fire isn't a hit and isn't good enough to make OML, but they need a song to push the sales of this (hence why every band does this on Greatest Hits releases) so here we are.

I want to clarify why i don't like Alits. It's a great track instrumentally, the thing that made me hate it was Chester's vocals... and the lack of melody and even mixing in his voice. It sounds like Chester was just yelling at the mic rather than singing with aggression. The melody used is a bit too static or underwhelming, not sure how to describe it. It feels like the instrumental and even Mike's rap part and singing are all great moments paired with something so lack luster, like a missed opportunity by Chester just like Drawbar was with Tom, you know to really shine their best on such a track. So, really i blame Chester's parts or whoever wrote them (mike prob, or somebody enlighten me here). If Chaz had sung something more melodically catchy while still keeping that aggression, we all know and love, this would hae been my favorite song on the album easily. I guess i was just dissapointed overall. If someone else's ears picks up the complete opposite, then I envy you lol. Wish i could hear it the same but i don't. 

19 minutes ago, LPLStaff said:

It's not a hit. Isn't the point of a Greatest Hits to release hits? No Given Up and Shadow of the Day is surprising. Or anything from THP. Friendly Fire isn't a hit and isn't good enough to make OML, but they need a song to push the sales of this (hence why every band does this on Greatest Hits releases) so here we are.

We didn’t even hear the full song, it might even be a “Primo” like situation with a weird decision by the band. All I can say so far is that it sounds more like classic pop LP I would imagine than, say, a song like Heavy does (I really like that song, don’t get me wrong). We’ll see, I think that if it’s just a Chester track with that classic LP chorus I’ll enjoy it more than GG or SFN. 

4 hours ago, Somebodyangry said:

This !!! It’s a OML song with LT vibes, I instantly thought about IMR/BID/IBG ! 

I don't know what are you listening haha 

Chester's vocals on OML were very quiet, soft , delicate and mostly clean, there's not a single big chorus.

Those 3 songs that you mentioned atleast Chester tried to do a big chorus with aggressive powerful vocals .

3 minutes ago, JZLP-NaughtyNottingham said:

I don't know what are you listening haha 

Chester's vocals on OML were very quiet, soft , delicate and mostly clean, there's not a single big chorus.

Those 3 songs that you mentioned atleast Chester tried to do a big chorus with aggressive powerful vocals .

Well it technically still is a OML song, I think they meant the vibes went more LT - which I totally agree on. It's a complete throwback to the early 2010s.

That looks a lot better than that white image imo, but I kinda wish there was an original element and not just re-use of old assets. I wonder why they went with that logo of all of them

That single cover boggles my mind. Why go with a MTM logo of all things for a song that EVERYONE knows comes from the OML sessions? Even a basic "waves" image would've sufficed IMO

I haven't been following social media much in general lately, so imagine my shock when I get an email from Linkin Park that Friendly Fire is out friday! When Mike talked about this song a few years ago I thought it would be saved for an anniversary release, but it makes sense to keep the momentum going after the success of M20. I wonder what other surprises might be in store for LP fans this year, still hoping for Mike to announce a tour. 

I've just got to avoid playing that snippet too many times before the full release. Getting to hear anything new with Chester let alone a fully finished song is such a gift, this last year has been amazing for fans.

40 minutes ago, leftshoe18 said:

Yeah, I was gonna say that LP has used a variant of that logo since 2007 and the most iconic version of that logo is the MTM.

It was very innovative back then but only really fit in that era. But still, very unique and creative. I'm 50/50 on the THP version, kinda looks cool but overall I don't like the trend of minimalism in logos.

2 hours ago, LPxDBZ said:

I haven't been following social media much in general lately, so imagine my shock when I get an email from Linkin Park that Friendly Fire is out friday! When Mike talked about this song a few years ago I thought it would be saved for an anniversary release, but it makes sense to keep the momentum going after the success of M20. I wonder what other surprises might be in store for LP fans this year, still hoping for Mike to announce a tour. 

I've just got to avoid playing that snippet too many times before the full release. Getting to hear anything new with Chester let alone a fully finished song is such a gift, this last year has been amazing for fans.

This last year really was massive for LP fans. We have been so blessed and nobody saw that only a year after lost we'd continue getting new LP music. I don't care what Era they throw at us, or in this case, all at once with the greatest hits, as long as we have more new LP music for years to come.  

7 minutes ago, AceWav said:

This last year really was massive for LP fans. We have been so blessed and nobody saw that only a year after lost we'd continue getting new LP music. I don't care what Era they throw at us, or in this case, all at once with the greatest hits, as long as we have more new LP music for years to come.  

Yeah we are talking about 6 unreleased songs (MTV, FM, Lost, Massive, Healing Foot and Friendly Fire) with vocals (possibly 7 with track n. 14 of this release)in a year. Amazing