Linkin Park releasing "Friendly Fire"

DCrecelius

As many of you know, a post is going around from Pulse Music user altguy which mentions a new "lost Linkin Park track (from final album sessions)" to be released towards the end of this month. Looking at this user's previous rumor drops on the site, he seems to be fairly credible, but what are your thoughts?  Could this be an unheard song from the One More Light sessions?Screenshot2024-02-07211933.thumb.png.7565864b5ba222446dd551927ccc6b21.png

EDIT: Linkin Park has dropped the music video for Friendly Fire, releasing February 22nd @ 9PM PST

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMluqSGag5E

Edited by DCrecelius

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah if they decide to kick off a new era by releasing some of those tracks we heard about that were finished but didn't make the album cut (If i recall correctly) as a bridge for a new era, that would be a really good way of doing it. You can't say hello without saying goodbye. It must feel like shit having a ton of material you thought was gold as songwriters gathering dust and doing nothing. And not being able to work on it anymore. Not being able to share it and say "Here's what we made with our friend".

My interest is piqued.

Edited by Elaine

If any of these suggestions come true I will become like the meme cat singing "happy happy happy" lol😂

(Also, today it's Phoenix birthday so if they're active it's a weird way to start the day posting memories instead of wishing an happy bday to Dave) 

Edited by DavideLP

hmm.. i was thinking, final album session could also mean it got to the mix table, like Lost did. And that could refer to any album as well. Idk if this makes any sense, but imagine there's And One from 2000 in the vault or we in for another Lost they held back. 

If Greatest Hits=true I would love them to have held back a Numb Demo for this release. But then again they'd probably had that switched with Lost on M20.

Most likely nonsense tho, just me fantasizing like the 7-yo I am

I'll just use my imagination here just for the sake of it. What if this will be a stand-alone single for a soundtrack? Kind of like New Divide.

First thing that comes in my mind if the Halo Series which the second season started today (and I saw that is A LOT better than season 1 lol), what if this song will be the credit song for the season finale?. I just put this here cause I know that LP and Halo have a long history in the past. They performed at Halo 3 launch in Las Vegas in 2007, they played Halo 1 and 2 during the HT and Meteora world tour and they play with fans on Halo Reach/ATS era....

A OML B-side would be as exciting for me as the whole album.

Zero interest.

PS: Just to make it clear, I'm not against the idea of releasing it, I'm glad if they do because many of you will be happy about it, but for me is uninteresting 

Edited by bloodbath

I’m interested… especially because they’re reposting the live pictures, they wouldn’t do that for no reason! I’m gonna try & not get my hopes up until they actually start teasing something… 

Edited by xxHybridXeroxx

I'd love an OML b-side, super excited for that. Hope that it's not going to be an unreleased concert because (I might be the only one here I know) I couldn't care less unless it's like an unreleased concert where they played, say, W&K or IMR or stuff like that (rarities)

Edited by Somebodyangry

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Friendly Fire by name given that Mike confirmed it was finished and mixed

I wonder if this is just the label trying to recreate the success of Lost or what. I'm gonna set my expectations for an anniversary release or greatest hits of some sorts, but damn I'll be thrilled if it's truly a new song written after 2017.

14 hours ago, YRQRM0 said:

I wonder if this is just the label trying to recreate the success of Lost or what. I'm gonna set my expectations for an anniversary release or greatest hits of some sorts, but damn I'll be thrilled if it's truly a new song written after 2017.

This is exactly what I’m assuming it is. Unless the reason Mike pushed out the last few Already Over sessions in quick succession is because there was a development in the Linkin Park world, I don’t see this being part of any sort of significant project.

29 minutes ago, leftshoe18 said:

This is exactly what I’m assuming it is. Unless the reason Mike pushed out the last few Already Over sessions in quick succession is because there was a development in the Linkin Park world, I don’t see this being part of any sort of significant project.

For whatever reason I always got the sense that Mike has been trying to stay "available" for whatever the past few months. Never going too far with his self promo. It's pretty easy to read into that, but he's definitely cooking something.