Linkin Park releasing "Friendly Fire"

DCrecelius

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, JZLP-NaughtyNottingham said:

I wonder if theres a coincidence that the name of this topic has the word Horizon.

It's cool that the release of the single is the 23 of this month.

We will have teasers really soon.

Yeah, I was thinking the same earlier today. It might be a hint

I forgot to add it here, but here are a couple edited screenshots of the lyric sheets of "Out Of Reach" and "Invisible" from the video of the lyrics for "Heavy":

Lyrics-copy-1.png

Lyrics-copy-3.png

Unfortunately, you can barely make out any of the words on the lyric sheets.

Edited by NJPLP

Lost was teased quite a while before it dropped right? I feel like the end of this month is too soon for a new single given the home page of LP is still all about M20 with no hint at anything else. Unless they've just decided to not do the teaser marketing this time for some reason 

42 minutes ago, YRQRM0 said:

Lost was teased quite a while before it dropped right? I feel like the end of this month is too soon for a new single given the home page of LP is still all about M20 with no hint at anything else. Unless they've just decided to not do the teaser marketing this time for some reason 

iirc, lost was teased 4 days before it got released

3 hours ago, JZLP-NaughtyNottingham said:

I wonder if theres a coincidence that the name of this topic has the word Horizon.

I can assure you it was a coincidence haha

I just used whatever word came to mind. 

On 2/10/2024 at 5:58 PM, lpliveusername said:

Just leaving this here:

Crawling
Waiting For The End
Papercut
Faint
Breaking The Habit
Bleed It Out
In The End
Castle Of Glass
Somewhere I Belong

These are the songs reposted by Linkin Park so far.

We can add One More Light, Burn It Down, What I've Done and One Step Closer to the list. They were reposted just now.

2 hours ago, Arslan said:

iirc, lost was teased 4 days before it got released

Yes, you are right. It was teased on Monday, February 6th, 2023, 4 days before it was released on Friday, February 10th, 2023. Considering we know when the new song is going to come out, I have a feeling that this is, most likely, going to a similar situation like with what happened with "Lost".

Edited by NJPLP

Ok, so assuming this is just a greatest hits compilation, here is a list of all Linkin Park singles (Numb/Encore not included) with Gold & Platinum certifications. This is considering worldwide certifications, not only US (RIAA) certifications.

Platinum singles:

Spoiler

One Step Closer
Crawling
In The End
Faint
Numb
Breaking The Habit
What I've Done
Bleed It Out
Shadow Of The Day
Given Up
Leave Out All The Rest
New Divide
Waiting For The End
Burn It Down
Castle Of Glass
Heavy
One More Light

Gold singles:

Spoiler

Papercut
Somewhere I Belong
The Catalyst
Iridescent
Lost In The Echo

And here is the list if you consider only US sales:

RIAA: Platinum

Spoiler

One Step Closer
In The End
Faint
Numb
What I've Done
Bleed It Out
Shadow Of The Day
Given Up
Leave Out All The Rest
New Divide
Waiting For The End
Burn It Down
Castle Of Glass
Heavy
One More Light

RIAA: Gold

Spoiler

Crawling
Papercut
Somewhere I Belong
Breaking The Habit
The Catalyst
Iridescent
Lost In The Echo

This should give us a good idea of what's going to be included in The Singles Collection besides the new song.

54 minutes ago, lpliveusername said:

Ok, so assuming this is just a greatest hits compilation, here is a list of all Linkin Park singles (Numb/Encore not included) with Gold & Platinum certifications. This is considering worldwide certifications, not only US (RIAA) certifications.

Platinum singles:

Hide contents

One Step Closer
Crawling
In The End
Faint
Numb
Breaking The Habit
What I've Done
Bleed It Out
Shadow Of The Day
Given Up
Leave Out All The Rest
New Divide
Waiting For The End
Burn It Down
Castle Of Glass
Heavy
One More Light

Gold singles:

Reveal hidden contents

Papercut
Somewhere I Belong
The Catalyst
Iridescent
Lost In The Echo

And here is the list if you consider only US sales:

RIAA: Platinum

Reveal hidden contents

One Step Closer
In The End
Faint
Numb
What I've Done
Bleed It Out
Shadow Of The Day
Given Up
Leave Out All The Rest
New Divide
Waiting For The End
Burn It Down
Castle Of Glass
Heavy
One More Light

RIAA: Gold

Reveal hidden contents

Crawling
Papercut
Somewhere I Belong
Breaking The Habit
The Catalyst
Iridescent
Lost In The Echo

This should give us a good idea of what's going to be included in The Singles Collection besides the new song.

Nothing from THP? lol 

That album was a disgrace anyways, so. no need to be acknowledged.

1 hour ago, RYG4R said:

Nothing from THP? lol 

I think it's disappointing..

But tbf the promotion of the album was underwhelming. Seemed like an underground record. GATS was the lead and didn't even get a proper music video. UIG got two and then Joe didn't want to participate in directing them anymore. OML got the promo THP needed and even though Heavy was played over and over again, it didn't appear to me that the album was promoted that well either besides that stripped-down/unplugged + interview format that mostly Mike and Chester did. I think the reception came with the passing of Chaz. I wonder how TTM would've ended up charting if it were released as a single.

9 minutes ago, LPsMart said:

But tbf the promotion of the album was underwhelming. Seemed like an underground record. GATS was the lead and didn't even get a proper music video. UIG got two and then Joe didn't want to participate in directing them anymore. OML got the promo THP needed and even though Heavy was played over and over again, it didn't appear to me that the album was promoted that well either besides that stripped-down/unplugged + interview format that mostly Mike and Chester did. I think the reception came with the passing of Chaz. I wonder how TTM would've ended up charting if it were released as a single.

Nah, THP was half-cooked, ATS-wannabe record and I hate that with passion. The production was terrible, Chester's vocal performance was obnoxious, thin and underdeveloped. ALITS is like a copy&paste of GATS. Rebellion and Drawbar+FM were the only decent songs of that album. It's a shame because I love Rebellion but it's part of the album that I hate and dislike makes me hate Rebellion too. I like Mike's vocal performance on Rebellion but that song should be the main creative direction for that album. 

THP is on my bottom list of LP discography. The creative direction is bold and edgy but the album sucked so hard.

14 minutes ago, LPsMart said:

THP seemed like a "Mike only" wish and the rest of the band and the label weren't big fans of it. 

Any possible marketing for OML was overshadowed by the vitriol received.

2 minutes ago, bloodbath said:

THP seemed like a "Mike only" wish and the rest of the band and the label weren't big fans of it. 

Any possible marketing for OML was overshadowed by the vitriol received.

His wish came true because it turned out shit. THP was the product of his being too self-centred, too cocky with his creative idea that he's working with stuff in the vein of LT but threw that away because he want to make the most heaviest record to date. Jeez

1 minute ago, RYG4R said:

His wish came true because it turned out shit. THP was the product of his being too self-centred, too cocky with his creative idea that he's working with stuff in the vein of LT but threw that away because he want to make the most heaviest record to date. Jeez

For me the idea behind THP was the very last spark of creativity that the band had.

The way they talked about the project, the Collabs, everything was pretty badass.

I still remember the very first time that I Heard the leak of GATS.

It was a massive song.

The real problem w THP is that they needed a producer that actually knew how to work w a metal album.

With someone who actually knew what he was doing THP could have been one of the best albums of metal ever.

1 hour ago, RYG4R said:

Nothing from THP? lol 

THP always be my top tier album in LP discography. OML always be the last one. THP is amazing album, but the label fkin hate it. they treated the album so badly and yes, they won the battle and LP forced and "have" to do OML which the 360 turns after the heaviest record! no matter what you guys think bout THP but it's a brave move by the band to make such records, it proves LP can be fkin hard and also fkin soft album. gonna play THP in a second.

4 minutes ago, JZLP-NaughtyNottingham said:

For me the idea behind THP was the very last spark of creativity that the band had.

The way they talked about the project, the Collabs, everything was pretty badass.

I still remember the very first time that I Heard the leak of GATS.

It was a massive song.

The real problem w THP is that they needed a producer that actually knew how to work w a metal album.

With someone who actually knew what he was doing THP could have been one of the best albums of metal ever.

THP has more skips than any LP albums. I'm still upset why WHITE NOISE never made to the cut and songs like Until It's Gone which is the worst song they released made to THP. 

THP is dead last for me when it comes to studio albums. Most of the instrumentation just sounds the same from song to song, lacking in variety and of any unique distinction. 

Edited by crazygolfer

25 minutes ago, lpliveusername said:

Gotta love how every news post turns into a shitshow.

Yo, this whole last year was a shit show

17 minutes ago, crazygolfer said:

THP is dead last for me when it comes to studio albums. Most of the instrumentation just sounds the same from song to song, lacking in variety and of any unique distinction. 

Even w all the crap to this day Keys, GATS and Mark the Graves are some of my favorite songs ever from LP.

Specially Graves that one is one of the most weird LP songs ever.