Linkin Park releasing "Friendly Fire"

DCrecelius

39 minutes ago, crazygolfer said:

Most of the instrumentation just sounds the same from song to song, lacking in variety and of any unique distinction. 

that's what people said bout Metallica songs. 💁🏻‍♂️  for those who doesnt like loud, rock, heavy music, surely gonna describe it as that because they dont know and dont want to know how to differentiate it. to make it simple, you claim it as "just sounds the same from song to song". 

GATS = something that sounds like A7X

Rebellion = of course it's SOAD sound

War = punk rock style like Sum 41

AFN = it does sounds like Helmet

All those bands are different to each other but you can claim it as "same rock band sound".

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, RYG4R said:

THP will turn 10 in few months time. I'm not surprised if WB doesn't promote any THP 10th anniversary merch, materials or demos.

they even forgot bout RECHARGED. 🥹😂😭 well, back to the Greatest Hits thing, hoping for THP track at least one in the tracklist. Final Masquerade might be in the list.

There is no chance that either Final Masquerade or Wastelands (or both) don't end up in the Collection. The former still enjoys occasional radio plays internationally on rock/alternative stations, the latter was the one song from THP they kept in the setlist for the OML Tour (and I'm gonn say that's a shame, to balance the THP hate a bit :P).

Edited by KiddIsAlive

1 hour ago, Stranger said:

they even forgot bout RECHARGED. 🥹😂😭 well, back to the Greatest Hits thing, hoping for THP track at least one in the tracklist. Final Masquerade might be in the list.

ALTNC will be on the collection, for sure. That single was released because LIVING THINGS singles did not lived up to the hype.

If anyone remembers Backstreet Boys Greatest Hits - Chapter One.

It had one New single at that time Drowning. The rest were their hit singles. By the looks of discussion so far, feels like LP are doing the same thing. 

9 hours ago, RYG4R said:

That album was a disgrace anyways, so. no need to be acknowledged.

There is no need to be this disrespectful towards an album. Or I guess you can be, but as a reminder: there are people out there who do enjoy the album, and have great memories linked with it - and that'd include me. 

Like, OML is a record that doesn't appeal to me as much as the rest of LP discography, but I know some other enjoy it, and I can respect that and simply say "well yeah, this specific record wasn't my thing".

Edited by Qwerty18

23 minutes ago, Qwerty18 said:

There is no need to be this disrespectful towards an album. Or I guess you can be, but as a reminder: there are people out there who do enjoy the album, and have great memories linked with it - and that'd include me. 

Like, OML is a record that doesn't appeal to me as much as the rest of LP discography, but I know some other enjoy it, and I can respect that and simply say "well yeah, this specific record wasn't my thing".

Preach!

6 hours ago, Stranger said:

5 hours ago, KiddIsAlive said:

There is no chance that either Final Masquerade or Wastelands (or both) don't end up in the Collection. The former still enjoys occasional radio plays internationally on rock/alternative stations, the latter was the one song from THP they kept in the setlist for the OML Tour (and I'm gonn say that's a shame, to balance the THP hate a bit :P).

If they include something from The Hunting Party, Until It's Gone would make more sense because it was the biggest single from the album.

4 hours ago, RYG4R said:

ALTNC will be on the collection, for sure. That single was released because LIVING THINGS singles did not lived up to the hype.

Burn It Down is literally one of the band's biggest singles ever. It's at 3x Platinum with New Divide and Numb/Encore. The only songs higher than that are In The End, Numb, What I've Done and Bleed It Out.

4 minutes ago, lpliveusername said:

If they include something from The Hunting Party, Until It's Gone would make more sense because it was the biggest single from the album.

Burn It Down is literally one of the band's biggest singles ever. It's at 3x Platinum with New Divide and Numb/Encore. The only songs higher than that are In The End, Numb, What I've Done and Bleed It Out.

Only BID? what about LITE and COG? It was even weird they made a POWERLESS a single but only international.

23 minutes ago, RYG4R said:

Only BID? what about LITE and COG? It was even weird they made a POWERLESS a single but only international.

BID was made to bring back people who only liked their two first records. In other words: What people expect LP should do. I hate that song, but they did a great job. 

I quite like the sound of THP. Guitars and drums sound really cool on stuff like GATS, KTTK or ALITS to me. I can see why people dislike Chester's vocal sound. Overall the album is rather good than bad IMO. It lacks identity and cohesion and does have weaker moments but also strong ones.
But I agree that Mike's way of promoting the album was hella cocky and shitty with calling out all the "pop" artists only to come out with OML a couple years later. I'd probably rank it below average on LP's discography. Their first four albums had the most quality to them.

Among other things, since the last live on Twitch Mike has gone completely silent and has never posted anything again, even and especially after the explosion of the Rumor of the possible Singles Collection. A signal?

7 minutes ago, Chazy987 said:

Among other things, since the last live on Twitch Mike has gone completely silent and has never posted anything again, even and especially after the explosion of the Rumor of the possible Singles Collection. A signal?

Mike being so quiet and especially not promoting his solo stuff and not disbanding the rumors surrounding the GH  is a signal IMO 

Exact. However, I find Mike's marketing for his work strange. Especially the AO Sessions. I didn't understand if they were sped up - along with Endel's junk - because they weren't having the success Mike expected, or because of this "return" of the band. By the way: I can't understand if this possible "SINGLES COLLECTION + UNRELEADWS SONG" was planned or came out at the last minute. I can't really understand Mike's intentions with his solo career, nor the path of the LPs nor the other guys. It's all an unknown

This discussion is what's awesome and unique about Linkin Park.

The band has such a fusion sound that some of the hardcore fans are EDM influenced, some are HipHop influenced and others are Metal influenced.

And obviously each one will think album X or Y is waaay better and the "true Linkin Park peak"

Edited by vinifeijo

My dislike for OML is well known, BUT I do respect it for the same reason I respect THP: The band and/or Mike had a clear vision for it, they did what their really wanted without caring about the consequences.

Where I do draw the line is that THP is more akin to my personal preferences.

LT, on the other hand, I've always felt that a sonic Frankenstein, trying to please everyone but archiving none. 

What do you want? A big hit album, a electronic folk record, another experimental output...?

THP and OML seems a reaction to me

The Hunting Party could have used some better production or direction. This was a band that has always followed trends trying to self-produce something they were not familiar with. The album could have benefited with an outside producer perspective. Still, the result was fucking awesome. Way better than One More Light or Living Things.

1 hour ago, RYG4R said:

Gold and Platinum as you can see here:

https://lplive.net/forums/topic/15299-new-lp-music-on-the-horizon/?do=findComment&comment=323873c

Saying Living Things didn't have successful singles is either straight up lying or being in denial.

41 minutes ago, Chazy987 said:

Mike was never one to address rumors. The Twitch stream was the closing of the Already Over promo. It's finally over. There's nothing for him to post about at the moment.

7 minutes ago, vinifeijo said:

This discussion is what's awesome and unique about Linkin Park.

The band has such a fusion sound that some of the hardcore fans are EDM influenced, some are HipHop influenced and others are Metal influenced.

And obviously each one will think album X or Y is waaay better and the "true Linkin Park peak"

Absolutely, I've seen discussions here about latest Ariana Grande music and then some BMTH. You can't find that in another fandoms which are more genre based

This thread has gone on a real journey.

If you have a greatest hits album (why would you even bother in a would of streaming/playlist based listening) then surely you HAVE to have at least one song from each album?

To just ignore a whole body of work would be crazy! It'd be an interviewers first question to Mike!

18 hours ago, Arslan said:

iirc, lost was teased 4 days before it got released

But I mean the M20 campaign with the "BBB tape" thing came out a lot earlier, there's nothing like that right now

Also yeah, greatest hits will most certainly include songs from every album and probably a few from left field that Mike is really proud of or something, like Rebellion. I think RU will be there too since the band seems to really like it and it also had a moment after being in Fast and Furious