Linkin Park releasing "Friendly Fire"

DCrecelius

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, RYG4R said:

Please no Darker than Blood please. and the OSC 100gecs reanimation remix 

Don't think that mainstream fans (which are the target of a Greatest Hits album, not us) crave for those 

2 minutes ago, bloodbath said:

Don't think that mainstream fans (which are the target of a Greatest Hits album, not us) crave for those 

ALTNC is fine. Idk if It's Goin' Down is going to be part of this release.

2 hours ago, RYG4R said:

ALTNC is fine. Idk if It's Goin' Down is going to be part of this release.

If we count all the LP singles by LP, excluding collars, they would fill an entire CD, so maybe neither Steve Aoki single is feature.

PS: Wouldn't that be funny that, we're all here debating and in the end nothing happens?

7 minutes ago, bloodbath said:

If we count all the LP singles by LP, excluding collars, they would fill an entire CD, so maybe neither Steve Aoki single is feature.

PS: Wouldn't that be funny that, we're all here debating and in the end nothing happens?

That's why forum exists. That's the beauty of a community that speculates every album hype.

15 minutes ago, RYG4R said:

That's why forum exists. That's the beauty of a community that speculates every album hype.

Sure, 2021 and 90% of 2022 were horrendous. No news, no hype, just emptiness. I hope we never return to that.

3 hours ago, lpliveusername said:

Just leaving this here:

Crawling
Waiting For The End
Papercut
Faint
Breaking The Habit
Bleed It Out
In The End
Castle Of Glass
Somewhere I Belong

These are the songs reposted by Linkin Park so far.

It'll be great for casual fans who only know HT/M/MTM to get another listen to stuff like WFTE, especially if the album order is like you have here 

Greatest hits compilations usually include 2 to 3 exclusive tracks that could be anything from unreleased studio recordings, demos, live performances or remixes. Assuming it's all studio recordings and there will be more new songs than just Friendly Fire, here are a couple of possibilities:

In late 2019, "My Horizon" was added to BMI. This was a song they started in early 2016 with Justin Parker (who co-wrote Invisible). Maybe the band planned to make it a comeback single before covid happened? Maybe it's finally coming out in The Singles Collection?

The iconic photo of Brad with the board behind him has mainly songs that were 100% finished for One More Light, "Out Of Reach" being the only one we know nothing about. I was thinking it might have been finished and mixed in 2017 along with "Friendly Fire" but left out of the album. This would make it another potential new song on The Singles Collection.

2 hours ago, lpliveusername said:

Greatest hits compilations usually include 2 to 3 exclusive tracks that could be anything from unreleased studio recordings, demos, live performances or remixes. Assuming it's all studio recordings and there will be more new songs than just Friendly Fire, here are a couple of possibilities:

In late 2019, "My Horizon" was added to BMI. This was a song they started in early 2016 with Justin Parker (who co-wrote Invisible). Maybe the band planned to make it a comeback single before covid happened? Maybe it's finally coming out in The Singles Collection?

The iconic photo of Brad with the board behind him has mainly songs that were 100% finished for One More Light, "Out Of Reach" being the only one we know nothing about. I was thinking it might have been finished and mixed in 2017 along with "Friendly Fire" but left out of the album. This would make it another potential new song on The Singles Collection.

In this video about the lyrics for "Heavy", if you look closely at the lower part of the video at 0:07-0:13, 0:20-0:22, 0:32-0:37, 0;43-0;50, 0;57-1:03, and 1:14-1:17, you can see 2 lyrics sheets for "Out Of Reach" (as well as 3 lyric sheets for “Invisible”). Perhaps, we could get some help to figure out those lyrics to the song one day.

5 hours ago, NJPLP said:

In this video about the lyrics for "Heavy", if you look closely at the lower part of the video at 0:07-0:13, 0:20-0:22, 0:32-0:37, 0;43-0;50, 0;57-1:03, and 1:14-1:17, you can see 2 lyrics sheets for "Out Of Reach" (as well as 3 lyric sheets for “Invisible”). Perhaps, we could get some help to figure out those lyrics to the song one day.

"Out of Reach" is probably the demo for "Battle Symphony"

22 minutes ago, wesleylpbr said:

Possibly, but we always thought it could be a different song considering that, for One More Light, they wrote lyrics before the music and "Out Of Reach" was also on the board with "Battle Symphony"!

image.jpeg

19 minutes ago, wesleylpbr said:

The working title of "Battle Symphony" is "Battle Tymp Ony".

b4dd74478c4ff69c8232ff805ec51d3cb04952bb

Just now, PeppePark said:

Possibly, but we always thought it could be a different song , considering that, for One More Light, they wrote lyrics before the music and it was also on the board with Battle Symphony!

image.jpeg

There is that possibility, similar to a "Plaster 2/II"/"Figure.09" or "Apaches"/"Foot Patrol"/"Three Band Terror"/"Until It Breaks (Demo No. 4)" [whatever it's called] situation.

Since OML was started with lyrics and melody, I assume there are a lot of "acoustic versions" of tracks with vocals tracked over acoustic guitars/piano or really basic instrumentation. Hopefully we get some of those some day 

43 minutes ago, YRQRM0 said:

Since OML was started with lyrics and melody, I assume there are a lot of "acoustic versions" of tracks with vocals tracked over acoustic guitars/piano or really basic instrumentation. Hopefully we get some of those some day 

You can say that about almost any song, like The Cat demo 

23 minutes ago, JZLP-NaughtyNottingham said:

You can say that about almost any song, like The Cat demo 

You can't. One More Light was the only album in which they started the songs with lyrics / vocals. If any early/undeveloped demo from other albums got any kind of vocals, it would be something like this masterpiece:

7 hours ago, lpliveusername said:

You can't. One More Light was the only album in which they started the songs with lyrics / vocals. If any early/undeveloped demo from other albums got any kind of vocals, it would be something like this masterpiece:

Or "Too Legit" where half of the lyrics are PANANANANANANAAAAA

I'm assuming The Singles Collection (w/ Friendly Fire) is a legit thing because lots of credible sources are either reporting it or hinting at it, even though we have to wait for an official announcement of course.

Having experienced live only the latest two album cycles, I (selfishly, I admit) do hope this can be the start of a new era for the band. I miss the boys and I miss the feeling of a new album coming out. Even though it won't be the same without Chester and his energy. 

But regardless, I'll be grateful for whatever the band feels comfortable putting out. I really liked M20 (even though I'm really not a fan of the use of AI in the videos) because it lit a spark back in the community.

Edited by KiddIsAlive

A Brazilian fan page called Road To Revolution BR is saying the Singles Collection is coming apr 12, and Friendly Fire os being release this month 

Edited by vinifeijo

37 minutes ago, vinifeijo said:

A Brazilian fan page called Road To Revolution BR is saying the Singles Collection is coming apr 12, and Friendly Fire os being release this month 

That page jumps on any train they get, so their source is most likely reddit rumors from people that had a peak on LPL and didn't know exactly what we know and don't know.