Linkin Park releasing "Friendly Fire"

DCrecelius

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, YRQRM0 said:

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Friendly Fire by name given that Mike confirmed it was finished and mixed

I wonder if this is just the label trying to recreate the success of Lost or what. I'm gonna set my expectations for an anniversary release or greatest hits of some sorts, but damn I'll be thrilled if it's truly a new song written after 2017.

THIS!! And Mike even mentioned how much Chester loved that song. I remember Mike saying this in either one of his live YouTube sessions or somewhere. I also remember the title  ''Painted Me Wrong'' on a sticky note during OML sessions, so I wonder how many finished OML songs didn't make the cut aside from ''Friendly Fire''. I bet it's going to be this song, that's my guess! And probabaly as a single like new divide as someone mentioned previously. 

10 minutes ago, AceWav said:

QUESTO!! E Mike ha anche menzionato quanto Chester amasse quella canzone. Ricordo che Mike lo disse in una delle sue sessioni live su YouTube o da qualche parte. Ricordo anche il titolo "Painted Me Wrong" su una nota adesiva durante le sessioni di OML, quindi mi chiedo quante canzoni OML finite non siano state tagliate a parte "Friendly Fire". Scommetto che sarà questa canzone, questa è la mia ipotesi! E probabilmente come un unico nuovo divario, come qualcuno ha menzionato in precedenza. 

Friendly fire for sure is on the top of what could have made the cut but when someone asked Mike about that song he said it will be released in the long future. For this reason I think it could be another song unless he changed idea about the timing for releasing it. 

15 minutes ago, DavideLP said:

Friendly fire for sure is on the top of what could have made the cut but when someone asked Mike about that song he said it will be released in the long future. For this reason I think it could be another song unless he changed idea about the timing for releasing it. 

It was almost 4 years ago when Mike said that so it's been years... it could even be 

11 minutes ago, HT_lash said:

Is it wrong to dream or at least think about something for Collision Course's 20th anniversary?

I'm really hoping too! But this whole Greatest Hits/New Track is going to bury CC under the radar... 20 years later again

48 minutes ago, Somebodyangry said:

It was almost 4 years ago when Mike said that so it's been years... it could even be 

Yeah honestly I think the first possible song people thought of that could be the new unreleased song is Friendly Fire. I certainly did and do 

3 hours ago, DavideLP said:

If this is indeed Friendly Fire, I'd guess it's either:

1. Because of the huge success of Lost, they wanna continue the momentum

2. The band wants to start a new phase by giving some "proper" closure to songs written with Chester 

I've been saying for a while now that I would love for them to do one more album "with" Chester by creating an album using unfinished demos that Chester recorded vocals for. It would be a nice way to close that chapter of Linkin Park.

Just now, Dmitriy08 said:

Linkin park The Singles Collection:

Black Vinyl

Splatter Vinyl

Softpack CD

Avaliable: 12.04.2024

Is it your assumption or a leak? If the latter, do you know how many unreleased songs we're going to get?

10 hours ago, ShineWolf said:

The success of LOST was unbelievable, it showed that the world still need Chester voice

Lost was so huge that they probably decided to go with more Chester stuff and keep the momentum going. Like, waiting 10 years to release Friendly Fire is nonsense IMO, keep the momentum going. A pop song with CB on vocals would definitely crack the alternative chart or billboard and make  50 M streams on Spotify in a few months 

I hope this next thing doesn't come with a retired forever announcement but the exact opposite kind of like "as we preparing for our next chapter here we go celebrating our journey till now" let's pray.

Edited by ShineWolf

11 minutes ago, ShineWolf said:

Spero che la prossima cosa non arrivi con un annuncio di ritiro per sempre, ma l'esatto opposto del tipo "mentre ci prepariamo per il nostro prossimo capitolo eccoci qui a celebrare il nostro viaggio fino ad ora", preghiamo.

It would be amazing and a perfect way to handle things

2 hours ago, leftshoe18 said:

Is it part of something bigger? Is the "singles collection" legit?

Only other new thing listed in my source is the lost demos vinyl, so if there is a singles collection there is no entry for it.