Linkin Park releasing "Friendly Fire"

DCrecelius

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, Igussek said:

I cant stand this bad bad bad artwork. Aldo for me, QWERTY and nothing from THP is very dissapointing.

But it's Frank Maddocks, he usually make great artworks especially HT and Meteora. Maybe they just want something minimalist this time around.

3 hours ago, Stranger said:

i dont know much bout Grammy but they dont really like Rock, Metal music. They all planted. They just nominated those bands to make ppl watch the show. I cant recall what year but Lorde won best rock music. It’s a total joke. Eminem already f**k the Grammys because he knows how the system went

Yeah I love Lorde but she won a Grammy in the rock cathegory for a song off her first record, which is a straightforward pop album from start to finish lol 

36 minutes ago, RYG4R said:

But it's Frank Maddocks, he usually make great artworks especially HT and Meteora. Maybe they just want something minimalist this time around.

it's a bit odd but im sure Frank Maddocks has something in his mind. He's the creative vp for WB. look at Mike Shinoda's Already Over art directions. fkin love it. 

2 minutes ago, Stranger said:

it's a bit odd but im sure Frank Maddocks has something in his mind. He's the creative vp for WB. look at Mike Shinoda's Already Over art directions. fkin love it. 

I hope it does have some meaning behind the colour scheme and everything. AO visuals were great!

The whole release is kinda weird and feels rushed, but I will NEVER complain I mean we are getting QWERTY on Spotify and a song that’s a holy grail and i was scared we could never hear it or we could get it in like 15 years

5 minutes ago, Somebodyangry said:

The whole release is kinda weird and feels rushed, but I will NEVER complain I mean we are getting QWERTY on Spotify and a song that’s a holy grail and i was scared we could never hear it or we could get it in like 15 years

im sure it is. maybe this wasnt on the band list for 2024 but if the label insists, well, here we go for the hundredth time..

7 minutes ago, Stranger said:

im sure it is. maybe this wasnt on the band list for 2024 but if the label insists, well, here we go for the hundredth time..

Yeah this totally feels like the label pushes it, maybe due to contractual obligations as somebody already said. Like, Mike saying he didn’t like GH albums, nobody in the band ever hinting at 2024 being a “LP year” (as Mike did with 2023 instead), and the artwork that seems rushed, compared to M20 or HT20 where all looked more planned. But as a fan I am happy obviously 

30 minutes ago, RYG4R said:

I hope this release closes the chapter of Bennington era LINKIN PARK. C'mon, we need to start a new era, make new songs, get together as a band again. 

I hope it too, but I don't know if this release cross a line in that direction. We need answers

4 minutes ago, WildernessHasLeftTheChat said:

How hilarious would it be if QWERTY is their new single after FF? 

it should be, shouldn't it? it's supposed to be a single collection, it would be wierd that it wouldn't become a single