Linkin Park releasing "Friendly Fire"

DCrecelius

9 minutes ago, linkindan said:

If that’s the cover, title and graphic direction, I’m 100% not buying it

Lol it does look a little... underwhelming I guess?

Still eagerly looking forward to Friendly Fire and track 14 though

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Somebodyangry said:

That looks so fanmade lol.

Even myself, I can do better than that. Frank, Frank, Frank, What happened with your work, buddy?

Just now, Cesar656 said:

Theres always a reason to criticize... some of you guys deserve the band just calling it quits and going silent 

I'm glad they are releasing new/unreleased music and that's all that matters at the end of the day.

But that's an ugly-ass graphic design work.

1 minute ago, KiddIsAlive said:

I'm glad they are releasing new/unreleased music and that's all that matters at the end of the day.

New music is better than nothing.

Having FF released YEARS before what I thought would be is just AMAZING, couldn't be more thankful, the possibility of another unreleased track being revealed is astonishing too. 

So the artwork being kinda bad is a minor issue to me, all I care about is FF dropping on streaming platforms

Edited by Somebodyangry

I'm still grateful that we're getting new content. Though, I sort of understand why they decided to go with the low effort graphic designs and all. It could be that they had nothing to represent these singles and whatnot. Still, the designs we've seen so far are just, a bit of a let down really. Doesn't seem like they or the label, anyone really, want to celebrate all these gems throughout the years..

43 minutes ago, KiddIsAlive said:

It screams "I have a nephew who knows Photoshop and can do it cheaper."

5 minutes ago, arcyy57 said:

I'm still grateful that we're getting new content. Though, I sort of understand why they decided to go with the low effort graphic designs and all. It could be that they had nothing to represent these singles and whatnot. Still, the designs we've seen so far are just, a bit of a let down really. Doesn't seem like they or the label, anyone really, want to celebrate all these gems throughout the years..

I agree. It looks really low effort, like they don't care about this project at all and they just see it as a quick and easy way to make some money with the Linkin Park brand.

Still cool to get new music though.

51 minutes ago, Cesar656 said:

Theres always a reason to criticize... some of you guys deserve the band just calling it quits and going silent 

Nobody here is being malicious or attacking the band on a personal level.

Saying “I don’t like the artwork” is not a cruel comment that warrants telling someone they don’t deserve to be a fan of the band.

4 minutes ago, Justin said:

Nobody here is being malicious or attacking the band on a personal level.

Saying “I don’t like the artwork” is not a cruel comment that warrants telling someone they don’t deserve to be a fan of the band.

I think that artwork is just for the FF vinyl cause they used it for the FF Snippet after all, I can imagine the whole single collection album art would look better once its revealed and such there's no way that they would use that as the single collection album cover, but hell I could be wrong or not time will tell. 

21 hours ago, AParallelogramInTheSand said:

ALITS is one of my favorite tracks tbh. It feels like it tells a story similar to how Green Day has Jesus of Suburbia or Sum41 did the trilogy of songs on Screaming Bloody Murder. Yeah, it jumps between styles, but I feel there's an understood progression that reminds me of Wake. In a looser sense, it feels like a mix of THP songs as well as their overall catalog until that album. It's sad that it doesn't hit the same way for others (that's on the song, not a 'you just don't get it' sense).

It did used to hit for me, a few years back. But listening now... for me Linkin Park's 'Jesus of Suburbia' is The Catalyst. THAT track has a story to tell. I wish I still liked ALITS like I did but it just doesn't hit these days

16 minutes ago, SardonicallyParanoid said:

It did used to hit for me, a few years back. But listening now... for me Linkin Park's 'Jesus of Suburbia' is The Catalyst. THAT track has a story to tell. I wish I still liked ALITS like I did but it just doesn't hit these days

That's fair

Also, since you mention Catalyst, check out Don't Need Nothing by Aly and AJ. I like to joke with friends that they're the same song bc they follow similar progression from single voice and simple music to overlapping repeating voices with drums and full band killing it

4 hours ago, Cesar656 said:

lol imagine calling it quits and being upset over an album cover and title... just completely throw yourself out the window lol xD And disregard the music inside. 

Personally, i see no issue with the title nor the album cover. ATS is pretty basic, but it worked. I think the band went with something simplistic because i's recognizable to all generations of LP. It makes sense, plus ''Papercuts'', if that really is the title, seems like the band knew Chester's favorite song was papercut, so maybe it's to honor him for that and if that is the case, that's pretty awesome. Chester freaking loved that song, i think he would have loved the title to. 

I think the cover and the title itself are perfectly fine. The cover might be a little bit boring but it‘s definitely not bad. And the title is just a fun word play. Nothing wrong with that.
Just the art style around everything screams „graphic design is my passion“ in the worst possible way which is not what I am used to when it comes to LP releases. 

1 hour ago, AceWav said:

Personally, i see no issue with the title nor the album cover. ATS is pretty basic, but it worked. I think the band went with something simplistic because i's recognizable to all generations of LP. It makes sense, plus ''Papercuts'', if that really is the title, seems like the band knew Chester's favorite song was papercut, so maybe it's to honor him for that and if that is the case, that's pretty awesome. Chester freaking loved that song, i think he would have loved the title to. 

It was his favorite for sure and its the bands presentation card.

Weird that it isn't the #1 track haha