Linkin Park releasing "Friendly Fire"

DCrecelius

12 minutes ago, Somebodyangry said:

Yeah we are talking about 6 unreleased songs (MTV, FM, Lost, Massive, Healing Foot and Friendly Fire) with vocals (possibly 7 with track n. 14 of this release)in a year. Amazing

What about "Resolution"?

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Somebodyangry said:

No, otherwise I wouldn't have included Massive. Just forgot Resolution 

If that's the case, does that also include "A6" (which I somehow forgot to mention)?

Edited by NJPLP

3 minutes ago, NJPLP said:

If that's the case, does that also include "A6" (which I somehow forgot to mention)?

I would not include that because it's areally rough demo, totally lacks a chorus and a bridge, not ebven Mikre mumbling "nananana", but it's good to have it 

1 minute ago, Somebodyangry said:

I would not include that because it's areally rough demo, totally lacks a chorus and a bridge, not ebven Mikre mumbling "nananana", but it's good to have it 

But isn't "Resolution" basically the same? It also lacks, a chorus and a bridge, as well as a pre-chorus.

3 minutes ago, Somebodyangry said:

Donna joined the band during MTM

7 minutes ago, NJPLP said:

Speaking of A.06, is there a possibility of a complete or final version of it? With Chester's vocals on the chorus?

4 minutes ago, NJPLP said:

But isn't "Resolution" basically the same? It also lacks, a chorus and a bridge, as well as a pre-chorus.

Lol yeah what a mess ahaha. I don't know I hear Resolution as more "complete", dunno why.

9 minutes ago, Somebodyangry said:

It does sound more raw and not as polished as it's LPU 9 2002 "A-Six" long version demo counterpart. But, I still wonder, if it's a rawer version of the demo, why does it have vocals and not the more polished version from LPU 9?

1 minute ago, leftshoe18 said:

Resolution has a more complete-sounding instrumental. 

I can definitely hear that it sounds like a more complete sounding song (instrumentally). Even some of the effects in the pre-chorus stuck through to the final version of "Lost".

For me strange that Mike or other guys not talking about upcoming song. Just posted about song and still massive wall of secrets why they do this now. Too many questions, but soon we will get some answers 😅

4 minutes ago, wenom1000 said:

For me strange that Mike or other guys not talking about upcoming song. Just posted about song and still massive wall of secrets why they do this now. Too many questions, but soon we will get some answers 😅

I think you answered yourself lol (to drive fans crazy with hype and generate buzz**)

I'm sure after the album announcement, they'll give some more info. Mike did repost the FF teaser. I think they know this gets us all frenzied, which works better at this stage to get hype going.

Edited by AParallelogramInTheSand
Clarification

17 minutes ago, AParallelogramInTheSand said:

Y'all, remember when Mike said "New Era" before starting promo for Already Over? Didn't he also say in subsequent posts about each chapter being different themes and colors, starting with red bc it's his favorite?

Red - Already Over
Green - Friendly Fire, Greatest Hits
????? - ??????

aliens-i-want-to-believe.gif

next chapter blue

7 hours ago, brGutzy said:

This is circulating as the cover art of Friendly Fire 

428600768_282258668234976_74131526359347

I have the insider information that this is the cover of a compilation.

Compilation title is "Papercuts".

Hello from Russia. 🙂

Edited by Zoom

4 hours ago, Somebodyangry said:

I only saw this as a window of opportunity to share this cover of A6 i rapped on with Matt Se7en where we also wrote to complete the song using some original parts. Maybe you'd find it interesting! 

Linkin Park - A6 (Cover by Matt Se7en Feat. ACE WAV) (youtube.com)

4 hours ago, Somebodyangry said:

Yeah we are talking about 6 unreleased songs (MTV, FM, Lost, Massive, Healing Foot and Friendly Fire) with vocals (possibly 7 with track n. 14 of this release)in a year. Amazing

basically, we got a new Linkin Park EP. I've got an itch these tracks are only the first of so many more unreleased tracks. If we take into consideration MTM and moving forward from there. 

• LPLStaff changed the title to Linkin Park releasing "Friendly Fire"

Track 14 being a surprise new single from the band recorded recently would be the biggest swerve.

I'm not holding out much hope for that. But I can certainly dream. It would be a good place to re-establish something if you're not dropping an album soon. Like, "hey, we're active again, here's something we all like and are releasing as a statement of intent, see you next year". Or something.

Edited by Elaine

9 minutes ago, Elaine said:

Track 14 being a surprise new single from the band recorded recently would be the biggest swerve.

I'm not holding out much hope for that. But I can certainly dream. It would be a good place to re-establish something if you're not dropping an album soon. Like, "hey, we're active again, here's something we all like and are releasing as a statement of intent, see you next year". Or something.

Now to think of that, it would be such a badass but also original (has anyone done this before?) way to release a new comeback single. How else do you get the attention of EVERY era of LP fan there is to say ''Hey, here's why you loved us, but here's a chance to stick around''. 

37 minutes ago, Elaine said:

26 minutes ago, AceWav said:

Now to think of that, it would be such a badass but also original (has anyone done this before?) way to release a new comeback single. How else do you get the attention of EVERY era of LP fan there is to say ''Hey, here's why you loved us, but here's a chance to stick around''. 

Could they accomplish that with a recent studio recording of Looking for an Answer?