Linkin Park releasing "Friendly Fire"

DCrecelius

I know some bands do release a greatest hits compilation and include a brand new track recorded specifically for that release. So it's completely new studio recorded track and not taken from any previous recording sessions.

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, RYG4R said:

I know some bands do release a greatest hits compilation and include a brand new track recorded specifically for that release. So it's completely new studio recorded track and not taken from any previous recording sessions.

I think the user is specifically talking about in the case of a comeback. Not just a new thing recorded specifically for the release.

14 minutes ago, DylHDZ said:

Would LPL and Martinez happen to know the Answer for Looking for an Answer? 🤔

futurama_maybe.gif

Edited by Elaine

I doubt we'll ever get LFAA, but getting another new song since 2017 would be amazing. I'm sure there have been sessions and a handful of "complete" demos even if they're 90% Mike's work. It would also be great to hear even if it doesn't lead to anything, just a look at something they were happy with but went nowhere else.

2 minutes ago, Elaine said:

Jeez, now I feel bad for getting people's hopes up! It's probably not gonna happen guys-- but it is pretty fun to think about.

Ehh, honesty just talking about these things is what makes these hype trains so fun. While we’re all on board we might as well. 

37 minutes ago, LPLStaff said:

Doesn't track 14 have to be on this list somewhere? https://linkinpedia.com/?title=List_Of_Unreleased_Songs

Looking for an Answer, Out of Reach, or something never heard of, right? What else even is there?

We'd never even heard of "Lost" before it was out. We knew the demo, yes, but the final song is so different it almost doesn't count. We barely even recognized it because the vocal hook had completely changed and had no idea it'd gotten as far and as polished as it did.

I'm just one person and I make a minimum of 55 demos a year as a hobbyist (one a week!), I can't imagine what sits on LP's drives that they just haven't told us about. Most of it terrible, but some gold that just didn't quite shine brightly enough for sure.

Edited by Elaine

6 hours ago, Elaine said:

We'd never even heard of "Lost" before it was out. We knew the demo, yes, but the final song is so different it almost doesn't count. We barely even recognized it because the vocal hook had completely changed.

I'm just one person and I make a minimum of 55 demos a year as a hobbyist (one a week!), I can't imagine what sits on LP's drives that they just haven't told us about.

Ughhh this is so cool to wonder about! Also, i don't know if this is really happening but to hear this youtuber mention ''Out Of Reach'' is really cool to hear. Seems like there's a lot of talk and were prob going to get a secondary single. Fingers crossed! 

@1:55

10 minutes ago, linkindan said:

That’s a short version of “I heard on Reddit after someone speculated on LPLive”

Exactly what I was thinkin and how it always works lol 

1 hour ago, LPLStaff said:

Doesn't track 14 have to be on this list somewhere? https://linkinpedia.com/?title=List_Of_Unreleased_Songs

Looking for an Answer, Out of Reach, or something never heard of, right? What else even is there?

Wasn't "My Horizon/Horizons" registerd on BMI in 2019?

Dave confirmed they were working on new music before the pandemic hit us.

Maybe they finally reworked it (or finished/polished it enough) to release it as a brand new single.

I was hoping track 14 will “Behind Your Lies (QWERTY)”, not the one that Rick Rubin version. Imagine if QWERTY re-released as single, it will blown away just like LOST. Except LOST is totally new to everyone. QWERTY already well known for LP hardcore fans for years. 

Should call the album “What We’ve Done”, or something creative. 

“Greatest Hits”, “The Best of”, “The Hits”, etc are a bit dull! 

Edited by Sukotto

14 minutes ago, Sukotto said:

Should call the album “What We’ve Done”, or something creative. 

“Greatest Hits”, “The Best of”, “The Hits”, etc are a bit dull! 

Eminem used “Curtain Call: The Hits”, sounds exclusive and great because when it released, people thought he’s gonna quit from rapping.

37 minutes ago, Stranger said:

Eminem used “Curtain Call: The Hits”, sounds exclusive and great because when it released, people thought he’s gonna quit from rapping.

Oh god, that’s all we need for LP

Just now, Elaine said:

Linkin Park Presents: That's All, Folks! We Are Never, Ever, Ever Getting Back Together!

Excuse me, but that bitch is in my country right now and I can’t find out anything about what’s going except that she sneezed and played *checks notes* her own songs at her own concert

7 minutes ago, linkindan said:

Excuse me, but that bitch is in my country right now and I can’t find out anything about what’s going except that she sneezed and played *checks notes* her own songs at her own concert

You say that, but my joke album title is going to make it to the subreddits, then to the rumor articles, and then it'll be back to this thread in time for my morning coffee.