Linkin Park releasing "Friendly Fire"

DCrecelius

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

58 minutes ago, LPsMart said:

Can anyone link me the supposed cover art for the album? I can only find this shot of the single from the Papercuts post on reddit

@brGutzy posted what looks to be the album cover on page 18 of this topic.

Edited by NJPLP

56 minutes ago, NJPLP said:

@brGutzy posted what looks to be the album cover on page 18 of this topic.

That green art is the single cover for Friendly Fire, the album art is seemingly the white one that everyone hates that's on the FF snippet.

Why do the compilation album and Friendly Fire need different covers? Lost also didn't have separate artwork and just used the M20 cover.

I think the white version is the only thing we will get and the green thing is some fan made stuff.

Edited by Coizu

I have to say I find both the white image and green underwhelming, but the green is a lot cleaner to me. Here's hoping that the rest of the campaign/set includes imagery that is better or contextualizes these images so that they feel better in context. It seems like there was so much artwork generated during OML, it would've been cool to just have something from that time as the single art, but I guess we'll get that sort of thing more with OML20

2 hours ago, Cesar656 said:

Under the YT video we find this: 

Vocals: Mike Shinoda

Hopefully its more than backing vocals

It also says “Producer: Brad Delson” when Mike and Brad produced it, “Unknown” for a number of people, and crucially, “Auto-generated by YouTube” which means most of that data is based on the wider OML sessions

Papercuts as a name sounds good honestly, it makes sense as a compilation of different cuts from different periods. That being said I would have preferred a busier cover, along the lines of songs from the underground or LPU X. I know the LPU one is super busy, but it fits the papercuts concept :P. 

3 hours ago, linkindan said:

It also says “Producer: Brad Delson” when Mike and Brad produced it, “Unknown” for a number of people, and crucially, “Auto-generated by YouTube” which means most of that data is based on the wider OML sessions

Mike Shinoda is also credited as producer

4 hours ago, RYG4R said:

elaborate evocative. in what way?

Something evocative by definition is hard to put into words. I just see it and I can find meanings. It's vague and dreamy to me. It's evocative in the sense that when I see it i'm stimulated.

I wonder if track 14 could be one of the "pop" demos that Mike mentioned multiple times as having been scrapped in favor of the visceral sound of THP, I don't think we've had so much as a peek at those demos, unless I'm forgetting something from later LPU releases 

How many tracks do we have confirmed as having made it to the mixing stage at any point? Besides others on OML, are there any left? We got all from Meteora (except a possible 2003 mix of MTV), we've heard them from MTM (again, except possible iterations that are more or less mixed/mastered), and I don't think anyone has ever been quoted for mentioning songs from ATS, LT and THP as having made it to mixing but held back

He’s probably trolling lol they obvi know we’ve been going crazy trying to figure it out. But then again it could be actually QWERTY casuals will go crazy over it most of them actually don’t even know it exists 

Edited by DylHDZ

13 minutes ago, wesleylpbr said:

Track 14 is confirmed to be QWERTY

Hardly confirmed, Joe is just teasing the title, and it's not really a tease as much as it is the word QWERTY so idk

But it does make sense to me since it's probably their most popular LPU song. I could see them saying "the compilation deserved representation from the LPU, and QWERTY was always a standout" or something like that 

I think QWERTY makes sense. It's a singles collection, and they knew if Friendly Fire was the single to promote the release, people would complaint it's a pop song. QWERTY is finished enough that can stand as a new single as well, and it'd play better with the rock/metal crowd.

Now, considering the live version from 2006 and the LPU studio release had some differences. Will we see the same mixing as in LPU 6? or will they make a new mix for this release?

Edited by linkin_boss

2 minutes ago, GreyFox-AFCA said:

Don't get your hopes up.

That won't happen sadly.

I'm ok with QWERTY being #14. I love that song, I wanted it on streaming for so long and I don't own any of the physical release with QWERTY on it so it's another good reason for me to buy the singles collection. I was just saying that is not sure that QWERTY is 14, it's just very likely