Linkin Park releasing "Friendly Fire"

DCrecelius

11 minutes ago, JZLP-NaughtyNottingham said:

https://www.facebook.com/share/p/RGkp5B74AHhsyKEi/?mibextid=oFDknk

You are being burned right now on a latin america LP Facebook page

Whats up w that ? @NJPLP

Some people are posting to various sites that it's "confirmed" that we're getting Out of Reach and Ricochet because they "discovered" those songs on Genius.

Others are in turn pointing out that anybody can add things to Genius, and seem to be thinking NJPLP is adding fake songs to Genius and claiming that those songs will be on the upcoming release, which obviously is not what's happening.

Also, on an unrelated note, I think the people criticizing the sound of Friendly Fire are out of line. It's an outtake from the OML sessions. Of course it's going to sound like that era of the band. It also did not make the cut when the track listing was decided. Obviously there's a reason the song didn't make it. With OML being only 10 songs and about 35 minutes, it's not like they had too many songs or were running over time. So pointing out that you don't like the sound of the song, or that it sounds too similar to other songs on OML, may very well be things that the band members themselves thought when they decided to leave it off of the album.

FF is being released now because of its status as a fully completed song with Chester's vocals. Whereas before this song may have gone into the vault forever or shown up eventually on an LPU release, it now has historical significance.

Edited by Justin

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I added those songs just so they are already on there, so that when they get officially released, I don't need to add them. I also added them to update them so that whenever we get new information on the tracks, I can add the new information. Also, those tracks are real. You can find the song titles and information about them in the videos from LPTV, LPUTV, Linkin Park, Linkinpedia, etc.

7 hours ago, Justin said:

Some people are posting to various sites that it's "confirmed" that we're getting Out of Reach and Ricochet because they "discovered" those songs on Genius.

Others are in turn pointing out that anybody can add things to Genius, and seem to be thinking NJPLP is adding fake songs to Genius and claiming that those songs will be on the upcoming release, which obviously is not what's happening.

There's no way we're getting "Ricochet" because that's a track that Brian Howes helped created and because of the "What Are You Worth" leak, Mike blindly blamed him for the leak and said he never wanted to work with him again.

Not sure of "Out Of Reach", though. Do we know who helped co-write that song with the band, or no?

Edited by NJPLP

39 minutes ago, JZLP-NaughtyNottingham said:

Whats up w that ? @NJPLP

It’s because he added those demo titles on Genius and someone started spreading around that image saying that those were the next songs to be released and everyone misinterpreted it.

EDIT: didn’t see the other replies that explained it, sorry

Edited by c3bebuilder
Didn’t see other replies

Gets to show that some people think genius is wikipedia and use it to make pages for - in this case - songs, that may or may not surface someday, on which even the hardcore fan base doesn't even have much knowledge about. My guess is they want to be the first at everything and can't stand the thought of someone else creating a page when it's actually necessary. If genius were moderated adequately, such pages wouldn't even exist.

Well all that's just my opinion of course.

THP song is more than likely. There is no other THP song and Friendly Fire is soft song. If they want to balance it with heavy song and satisfy every fan, then they will add THP song as track 14.

Edited by Hybrider

3 minutes ago, Hybrider said:

THP song is more than likely. There is no other THP song and Friendly Fire is soft song. If they want to balance it with heavy song and satisfy every fan, then they will add THP song as track 14.

But there's no reason for them to be so secretive about it if it's a THP song.

Edited by GreyFox-AFCA

5 minutes ago, Hybrider said:

Maybe it could be "The Glistening"? Just a guess. That's the only title that I've seen from those sessions that has it's own entry on the Unreleased Songs page on Linkinpedia.

Who knows what it is at this point (well, besides Linkin Park, lol). We should wait 'til they announce it with the announcement.

Edited by NJPLP

4 minutes ago, Hybrider said:

it would make sense, and I would appreciate it, but the secrecy regarding that song is wierd. something's different

2 minutes ago, GreyFox-AFCA said:

But there's no reason for them to be so secretive about it if it's a THP song.

1 minute ago, Bambitt said:

it would make sense, and I would appreciate it, but the secrecy regarding that song is wierd. something's different

Maybe they just tease us. They want us to guess what it is, but the hint is that no THP song is there.

3 minutes ago, NJPLP said:

Maybe it could be "The Glistening"? Just a guess. That's the only title that I've seen from those sessions that has it's own entry on the Unreleased Songs page on Linkinpedia.

It could be. Or it could be full finished version of Apes if there is any. Or something we don't know the name of.

1 hour ago, linkindan said:

Plot twist - someone in marketing made a mistake, missed track 14 in the promos and are quietly watching us goin’ out of our fuckin’ minds

Turns out it’s SOTD 😂😂and the guy got fired 

5 hours ago, JZLP-NaughtyNottingham said:

Whats up w that ? @NJPLP

I think he made a reputation with himself when we made all those M20 additions that were plagued with inaccuracies.

There is literally zero reason to add shit right now as we don’t have a release date for the collection, or even the full track list. 

3 minutes ago, WildernessHasLeftTheChat said:

I think he made a reputation with himself when we made all those M20 additions that were plagued with inaccuracies.

There is literally zero reason to add shit right now as we don’t have a release date for the collection, or even the full track list. 

I don't get it, either. It's almost compulsive. Why does he feel the need to constantly put stuff on Genius? Especially after what happened during M20...

6 minutes ago, Trumtram said:

I don't get it, either. It's almost compulsive. Why does he feel the need to constantly put stuff on Genius? Especially after what happened during M20...

It’s not a race. You don’t get paid or nothing. I’m sure people on this forum weren’t impressed with it during M20, with incorrect release dates and shit.

30 minutes ago, WildernessHasLeftTheChat said:

25 minutes ago, Trumtram said:

4 minutes ago, WildernessHasLeftTheChat said:

It’s not a race. You don’t get paid or nothing. I’m sure people on this forum weren’t impressed with it during M20, with incorrect release dates and shit.

For most of the unreleased Linkin Park stuff I put on Genius, I put it on there in 2021, 2 years before Meteora 20 even happened.

I will admit that there are a few or so pages I added back then that should be deleted, like the Rob Drum track demo pages (which, by now, we all know is "Healing Foot").

Edited by NJPLP

36 minutes ago, NJPLP said:

For most of the unreleased Linkin Park stuff I put on Genius, I put it on there in 2021, 2 years before Meteora 20 even happened.

I will admit that there are a few or so pages I added back then that should be deleted, like the Rob Drum track demo pages (which, by now, we all know is "Healing Foot").

but why? For what reason? What does anyone gain from it?

4 minutes ago, WildernessHasLeftTheChat said:

but why? For what reason? What does anyone gain from it?

i believe there's a point of reputation for making a lyric page in Genius. i did for few lyrics for my local indie band. but it doesnt go anyway much

2 hours ago, Stranger said:

i believe there's a point of reputation for making a lyric page in Genius. i did for few lyrics for my local indie band. but it doesnt go anyway much

and where can you spend these reputation points?

Can we all just agree as adults not to update Genius the second we have the slightest whiff of unconfirmed information? There is zero rhyme or reason to put things we don’t actually know on there. There is no reward/award for having a water droplet of ‘insider information’ - it’s not a flex, it’s a bit weird, and it misleads other fans of the music.

It’s not a show of knowledge, it’s evidence of a lack thereof.

Edited by WildernessHasLeftTheChat

47 minutes ago, WildernessHasLeftTheChat said:

and it misleads other fans of the music.

Unless you are keen on having the LP family from certain countries cursing your name, of course :D

1 hour ago, WildernessHasLeftTheChat said:

and where can you spend these reputation points?

Can we all just agree as adults not to update Genius the second we have the slightest whiff of unconfirmed information? There is zero rhyme or reason to put things we don’t actually know on there. There is no reward/award for having a water droplet of ‘insider information’ - it’s not a flex, it’s a bit weird, and it misleads other fans of the music.

It’s not a show of knowledge, it’s evidence of a lack thereof.

I'm having flashbacks to Tribal Ink songs being spread around limewire as unreleased LP songs lol 

13 hours ago, linkindan said:

Neon green, missing track…

14. One Step Closer (100 gecs Reanimation)

Don't make me vomit. Lol

14 hours ago, AceWav said:

I only skip over War, and A line in the sand, those songs are boring. 

Personally, it sounds like they tried to make a heavier Catalyst with ALITS and it just doesn't work out like it should.

18 minutes ago, SardonicallyParanoid said:

Don't make me vomit. Lol

Personally, it sounds like they tried to make a heavier Catalyst with ALITS and it just doesn't work out like it should.

That song has amazing elements but it’s a Frankenstein song, too much stuff in there, lacks of cohesion