Linkin Park releasing "Friendly Fire"

DCrecelius

Just now, bloodbath said:

I've always found Mike's answer quite... vague. "It's sound the same because I use the same keyboard". Well, you could use the same keyboard for a whole album and still don't "magically" create perfect transitions from the end of one song to the beginning of another. 

Probably didn't know what people were asking about.

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, lpliveusername said:

Probably didn't know what people were asking about.

That miscommunication between fans and artist sounds more like it. 

Edited by bloodbath

I'm pretty disappointed that Shadow of The Day is not on the list. This song peaked higher than most songs here. It reached #15 on the Billboard Hot 100. Only ITE, Numb, WID, and ND peaked higher, so it makes no sense for this to not be on a greatest hits album, if that's what this is going to be. 

19 minutes ago, leftshoe18 said:

While SOTD peaked high, I don't feel like it had any cultural staying power the way many of their other songs have. Still feels weird to exclude it.

Probably the same issue" that a song like Heavy has: both were really succesful but not really representative of LP and theri staying power. A song like WFTE while less succesful chart wise is more representative of LP and their evolution

On 2/17/2024 at 12:36 AM, KiddIsAlive said:

I think the hype is more about possible implications for the band's future than about the actual release. But it's not to be taken for granted that we'll actually get something out of it.

That being said, a new song (with Chester!) is still a new song and as other said above, I'll take any unpublished material from the band at this stage.

Honestly, the only way this could be an actually interesting release as a whole is if it's a live compilation from rare shows, or some "Best Performances" kind of thing, but I don't have much faith in that.

I know this is probably impossible but going on the idea of best performances, I'd love to see them release studio versions of their favorite live versions of songs (Like faint with the extended outro, WFTE with wall of sound, etc), I think that would add a lot of value to a compilation of this nature :P

15 minutes ago, linkin_boss said:

I know this is probably impossible but going on the idea of best performances, I'd love to see them release studio versions of their favorite live versions of songs (Like faint with the extended outro, WFTE with wall of sound, etc), I think that would add a lot of value to a compilation of this nature :P

this would be sooo awesome

56 minutes ago, LPLStaff said:

Pretty odd no Shadow of the Day, if they are indeed done teasing the songs.

LP has tons of great single/promo song through out their entire career. making a cut for Greatest Hits surely gonna be massive headache. SOTD most likely one of the song that have to made a cut from this compilation. IMO, THE CATALYST should be in the CD too. 

15 minutes ago, IntensityJS said:

So what does the 03 mean….?

most likely the Side 03 for the Vinyl releases. 5 song for each side.

You know it could be strategic, maybe not intentionally, but for new fans…like they’ll listen to “the greatest hits” and then may want to dive deeper into the catalog and find those other gems like SOTD, The Catalyst, LIO, GATS, Heavy etc etc and then want to dive more 

9 minutes ago, DylHDZ said:

You know it could be strategic, maybe not intentionally, but for new fans…like they’ll listen to “the greatest hits” and then may want to dive deeper into the catalog and find those other gems like SOTD, The Catalyst, LIO, GATS, Heavy etc etc and then want to dive more 

Or listen to the Spotify playlist

"This is Linkin Park"

14 minutes ago, DylHDZ said:

5 minutes ago, JZLP-NaughtyNottingham said:

Or listen to the Spotify playlist

"This is Linkin Park"

this! Greatest Hits album is just a gateway to discover the gems of LINKIN PARK discography. I did the same thing for band that I know their hit songs (like 2-3 song), I will go through their "THIS IS" playlist and from there, i will go for albums and voila, that's the algorithm nowadays

22 minutes ago, Frahho said:

what is lio

From looking at it, he either meant BIO ("Bleed It Out") or LITE ("Lost In The Echo"), but it looks like he mixed both acronyms up accidently (?).

36 minutes ago, NJPLP said:

From looking at it, he either meant BIO ("Bleed It Out") or LITE ("Lost In The Echo"), but it looks like he mixed both acronyms up accidently (?).

1 hour ago, Frahho said:

what is lio

Holy shiii my bad guys I def meant LITE I was at work and was tryna type fast 😅

13 hours ago, DylHDZ said:

Yeah, everyone who calls a greatest hits compilation or any of the MS AO remixes pointless is missing this effect. This will no doubt generate a few thousand discoveries of songs by casual fans who want to re-listen to the limited hits they remember. You'll have people who never gave the other stuff a chance, and people who didn't like it at the time but have evolved their tastes since. I played Blackout for someone the other day who was aware of LP's change of course but not a big fan past MTM, and he was like "this was actually way ahead of its time". 

This is why I'm especially bummed there's no THP, that's probably the album that needs the most help getting discovered by fans of their first 3 records

What is the point of making all this stuff if it is aimed to new listeners? Just release "Greatest hits" album without these riddles, green dots etc. I'm not sure fans who actually can see all movements by LP are waiting for compilation of old tracks

24 minutes ago, EnhanX said:

What is the point of making all this stuff if it is aimed to new listeners? Just release "Greatest hits" album without these riddles, green dots etc. I'm not sure fans who actually can see all movements by LP are waiting for compilation of old tracks

We're on page 13 discussing it. A bunch of LP fans I follow on Twitter and the LPL account are all posting and sharing and joking, so it generates posts that will show in other ppl's feeds, which reaches the target audience.

It's been a simple series of teasers, but it's working. The LP social media crew has always been good at that.

FF sounds amazing!! It’s track number 20 so that raises the question…what’s 14? Another unreleased song from OML or another session? Or possibly a brand new song?

6 minutes ago, DylHDZ said:

FF sounds amazing!! It’s track number 20 so that raises the question…what’s 14? Another unreleased song from OML or another session? Or possibly a brand new song?

That's what I'm wondering, too.