Linkin Park releasing "Friendly Fire"

DCrecelius

I'm pretty confident LP is done making music together, but sign me up for an unreleased song(s) every couple of years, even if that means the rest of the release is mostly meh. In the very least it keeps LP relevant with the casual fan and that's fine in my book. 

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Stranger said:

new LP posting today. https://www.instagram.com/p/C3dMq0ILkaC/?igsh=MW5laTRoNnFmamkwdQ==

this number was shown in the CASTLE OF GLASS clip.

It’s either we’ll get another post from the band tomorrow or Monday that will reveal what the 14th track truly is. And since they are doing it in fives, it makes me think there may be 20 tracks.

Edited by NJPLP

17 minutes ago, NJPLP said:

It’s either we’ll get another post from the band tomorrow or Monday that will reveal what the 14th track truly is. And since they are doing it in fives, it makes me think there may be 20 tracks.

Last post could be 4 tracks. Would be great if there's a second previously unreleased song though.

1 hour ago, plesh88 said:

I'm pretty confident LP is done making music together, but sign me up for an unreleased song(s) every couple of years, even if that means the rest of the release is mostly meh. In the very least it keeps LP relevant with the casual fan and that's fine in my book. 

what if you're wrong?

17 minutes ago, AceWav said:

He pushed as far as he could go, go easy on him. 

Yes, but before that, there's only one thing you should know.

Edited by RYG4R

15 minutes ago, AceWav said:

He pushed as far as he could go, go easy on him. 

For all this, there’s only one thing he should know. And that’s that in the end, it doesn’t even matter.

Lol.

3 hours ago, EnhanX said:

Don't forget about the initial version of Lost. It would be ok to release it as the "bonus track" after one year.

Yeah that’s what i said earlier, we all love the Andy Wallace mix. I mean if they are including Lost, having that version on there would be awesome and get it on streaming and stuff. But idk if that’d seem unnecessary, or interfere with it being exclusive to the CD version of Meteora 20 that’s still available

Edited by IWillWalkAway

6 minutes ago, IWillWalkAway said:

Yeah that’s what i said earlier, we all love the Andy Wallace mix. I mean if they are including Lost, having that version on there would be awesome and get it on streaming and stuff. But idk if that’d seem unnecessary, or interfere with it being exclusive to the CD version of Meteora 20 that’s still available

All?

Andy's mix suck man, the guitars are insanely loud, the vocals are a little bit drowned, the synths are very low, the bass sounds muddy.

42 minutes ago, JZLP-NaughtyNottingham said:

All?

Andy's mix suck man, the guitars are insanely loud, the vocals are a little bit drowned, the synths are very low, the bass sounds muddy.

nahhh, that’s wild. Literally it’s the album mix of the song. That’s like saying all the Meteora tracks suck.

Edited by IWillWalkAway

10 minutes ago, JZLP-NaughtyNottingham said:

All?

I agree, i mean it's not terrible, but i believe he only got to a point in the mix and didn't finish it. That's what it sounds like because the rest of Meteora sounds amazing. It's like they decided to cut the track mid mix down because they started to really hear the album come together sonically and at this point they needed to cut some tracks. 

1 hour ago, AceWav said:

I agree, i mean it's not terrible, but i believe he only got to a point in the mix and didn't finish it. That's what it sounds like because the rest of Meteora sounds amazing. It's like they decided to cut the track mid mix down because they started to really hear the album come together sonically and at this point they needed to cut some tracks. 

again, and I’ve said this before to someone who said the same thing, no he never abandoned Lost’s mix. It made it to sequencing which came after all the songs were fully mixed and mastered so It was fully finished and ready to be put on the album. Mike called the song “a done deal”. Brad said they took it out of the album because they didn’t know where it would go on the tracklist.

I think that issue is because it’s only the CD rip that’s online, which doesn’t deliver the fullness of the song through a lot of modern speakers, aside from stereo systems. Ive listened to the 2002 mix in my home studio and it sounds way better than it does through a laptop speaker and even airpods

I could be wrong and stupid though, and misinformed about how things work. But I think CD quality has its limitations in today’s modern CD-less world.

Edited by IWillWalkAway

If 4 insta posts are coming in groups of 5, then that implies a 20th. Do we only think Friendly Fire is one because of the "Final Sessions" note? I feel like if there's a second one, it'll be from another era. Probably nothing left to share from Meteora, but we have those HT sessions and I'm sure plenty of MTM. That would give the larger fanbase of their earlier stuff something else to get excited about, since I feel like the average reaction to Friendly Fire will be "cool, but I still don't care for anything after the first 2/3 albums"

9 minutes ago, AceWav said:

There's a big gap between Meteora and Lost for sure for M20 they tried to keep every song as close as the original but in sure that Mike and Brad don't really like how Lost 2002 mix sounds.

They praised what Manny did w Lost.

Meteora sounds really good, probably Numb would sound better if Andy does something with it.

I kinda dislike the extremely loud guitars on a pop song.

Edited by JZLP-NaughtyNottingham

9 minutes ago, JZLP-NaughtyNottingham said:

There's a big gap between Meteora and Lost for sure for M20 they tried to keep every song as close as the original but in sure that Mike and Brad don't really like how Lost 2002 mix sounds.

They praised what Manny did w Lost.

Meteora sounds really good, probably Numb would sound better if Andy does something with it.

I kinda dislike the extremely loud guitars on a pop song.

Couldn’t disagree more. But I respect your opinion. We all have different taste after all

Edited by IWillWalkAway

16 minutes ago, EnhanX said:

Guys, wait. When I mentioned the initial version of Lost I was talking about the "Thoughts That Take Away My Pride version" :)

Interesting. I mean if theres a rough version saved of that even, it might not though sadly. Don’t think they would put a demo of a song in this release, also.

correcting myself from earlier, MOST of us hardcore fans love the Andy Wallace mix, but I guess not all of us. I grew up with early 2000s music so maybe that’s why

Edited by IWillWalkAway

3 minutes ago, IWillWalkAway said:

Interesting. I mean if theres a rough version saved of that even, it might not though sadly. Don’t think they would put a demo of a song in this release, also

Yep, I'm also not 100% sure they have access to the files from sessions, however, vocal tracks for TTTAMP version were fully completed before it was changed to Lost. It can be seen in "WIP" DVD when Don was working with tracks and the highest one - vocals - was fully recorded