Linkin Park releasing "Friendly Fire"

DCrecelius

21 minutes ago, vinifeijo said:

The supposedly new song being #14 on the tracklist seems so off. Right in the middle, between two randon songs. Doesn't fit even with the start/end of a vinyl side.

Odd choice.

I mean when P.O.D. released their GH “The Atlantic Years” they had a brand new song at #3 and an unreleased song at #16. There were 17 tracks. So really doesn’t seem that off tbh 

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, vinifeijo said:

The supposedly new song being #14 on the tracklist seems so off. Right in the middle, between two randon songs. Doesn't fit even with the start/end of a vinyl side.

Odd choice.

not really. Eminem’s Curtain Call 2, he put the brand new song in the middle of the tracklist too. it shouldnt be a chronicle order. 

Just putting the songs in release order is the boring way to make a Greatest Hits album. I like when they're arranged in a way that takes listenability and flow into account. It makes it seem like a little more effort was put into the project at the very least.

4 minutes ago, leftshoe18 said:

Just putting the songs in release order is the boring way to make a Greatest Hits album. I like when they're arranged in a way that takes listenability and flow into account. It makes it seem like a little more effort was put into the project at the very least.

Agreed, this makes me think the guys actually got together and put it together rather than label mandated.

1 minute ago, LPsMart said:

But why put Lost and Numb back to back then? They are so similar, I would have expected one Lost around the first batch of songs and Numb at the end of the compilation.

swap Numb with BIO. perfect closer

3 minutes ago, Hybrid1988 said:

Imagine if there are zero "new" songs on this supposed GH album? I almost want to see it happen just to witness the fandom meltdown. 

Some people just want to watch the world burn 

7 minutes ago, Hybrid1988 said:

Imagine if there are zero "new" songs on this supposed GH album? I almost want to see it happen just to witness the fandom meltdown. 

I wouldn't rage, but it would be kinda pointless honestly, in 2024, a compilation of your classics songs, with every song on it being at least 7 y.o. with the exception of Lost, thrown on a CD

On 2/10/2024 at 9:45 PM, bloodbath said:

Sure, 2021 and 90% of 2022 were horrendous. No news, no hype, just emptiness. I hope we never return to that.

This right here was such a sad couple years...glad to see them making noise with 20th anniversaries merch drops interviews....mike has stayed most active but Linkin Park and this fan base missed yall

5 hours ago, DylHDZ said:

Green = Jon Green = Friendly Fire *mic drop* 

jk but funny af

5 hours ago, SardonicallyParanoid said:

Scary that this logic is something totally reasonable. Lol.

Jones Green likes the post by linkin park on there Instagram with the green border 🟢u sir might not be crazy

Edited by droppedjacobs

16 hours ago, NJPLP said:

To be honest, I don't know. I don't know if we missed a song, or if it's something else.

Here's an update to this list:

11. One More Light
12. Burn It Down
13. What I’ve Done
14. ???
15. One Step Closer
16 New Divide
17. Leave Out All The Rest
18. Lost
19. Numb

There could be a 20 too

Guys, it will be a lot of songs that we've known since forever and 1 (or MAYBE more) unreleased song(s). The hype level feels a bit over the top to be honest. Like, with M20 or HT20 we had at least a lot of possibilities. I don't quite get it. But that's ok of course because you all are getting so hyped up. Good for you!

Maaan i’d love to hear Friendly Fire. Another unreleased track is always so exciting.

Id love to see What Are You Worth on here too. That song is kind of a banger

Somewhat odd that they’re including Lost in this, but ok, I mean it is a big single. Imagine if the version included is the Andy Wallace mix as a little wink for the super close close fans. That’d be the coolest lol, but I know that’s likely unrealistic, plus the label probably wants to keep that a CD exclusive right now anyways.

Edited by IWillWalkAway

1 hour ago, Trumtram said:

Guys, it will be a lot of songs that we've known since forever and 1 (or MAYBE more) unreleased song(s). The hype level feels a bit over the top to be honest. Like, with M20 or HT20 we had at least a lot of possibilities. I don't quite get it. But that's ok of course because you all are getting so hyped up. Good for you!

I'll take anything at this point from a band that's only released anniversary boxsets over the last 7 years. Plus it's almost gotta come with some news about LP's future and I think that's what people are most looking forward to.

2 hours ago, Trumtram said:

New Linkin Park music is new Linkin Park music.

1 hour ago, IWillWalkAway said:

Id love to see What Are You Worth on here too. That song is kind of a banger

I love the song too, but I don't really see it ever getting an official release. Mike doesn't seem very fond of it and he was really upset about the song leaking and blindly blamed Brian Howes for the leak even though it leaked among a bunch of other Linkin Park material, meaning it clearly came either from Warner or directly from Linkin Park's camp. Releasing What Are You Worth would mean giving Howes money and Mike made it clear he never wants to work with him again.

38 minutes ago, lpliveusername said:

New Linkin Park music is new Linkin Park music.

I love the song too, but I don't really see it ever getting an official release. Mike doesn't seem very fond of it and he was really upset about the song leaking and blindly blamed Brian Howes for the leak even though it leaked among a bunch of other Linkin Park material, meaning it clearly came either from Warner or directly from Linkin Park's camp. Releasing What Are You Worth would mean giving Howes money and Mike made it clear he never wants to work with him again.

But really was him?

7 hours ago, DBSFan101 said:

I bet even if they do a OML box set that they won’t put What Are You Worth on it. Just can’t see Mike wanting to but you never know. 

Probably right about that. If it could get sorted out somehow, it might happen. But no hopes, and certainly not any time soon most definitely.

7 hours ago, DBSFan101 said:

What’s that 22 songs? I think it would all fit on one disc. If you could add one more and still fit I’d throw on maybe 1 more unreleased songs from the vaults that we don’t know of. 

A completed song from the final Hybrid Theory sessions would be cool. I know we have a lot of the bands first 1997 thru 1999 demos but i’m talking about 2000, recording at NRG. Thought I read Jeff Blue said there were 14 recorded with 11 + Cure for the itch making the album? High Voltage was one unreleased, the other two though..? idk. I was thinking maybe Carousel and And One but if the other ones are known, or there aren’t any others, or we don’t know, again not sure much of that.

Edited by IWillWalkAway

9 hours ago, Trumtram said:

I think the hype is more about possible implications for the band's future than about the actual release. But it's not to be taken for granted that we'll actually get something out of it.

That being said, a new song (with Chester!) is still a new song and as other said above, I'll take any unpublished material from the band at this stage.

Honestly, the only way this could be an actually interesting release as a whole is if it's a live compilation from rare shows, or some "Best Performances" kind of thing, but I don't have much faith in that.

8 hours ago, IWillWalkAway said:

Probably right about that. If it could get sorted out somehow, it might happen. But no hopes, and certainly not any time soon most definitely.

A completed song from the final Hybrid Theory sessions would be cool. I know we have a lot of the bands first 1997 thru 1999 demos but i’m talking about 2000, recording at NRG. Thought I read Jeff Blue said there were 14 recorded with 11 + Cure for the itch making the album? High Voltage was one unreleased, the other two though..? idk. I was thinking maybe Carousel and And One but if the other ones are known, or there aren’t any others, or we don’t know, again not sure much of that.

I've always wondered this! I was never sure if we ever heard all the 1999-2000's era Hybrid Theory tracks. 

36 минут назад, AceWav сказал:

Я всегда задавался этим вопросом! Я никогда не был уверен, слышали ли мы когда-нибудь все треки Hybrid Theory эпохи 1999-2000-х годов. 

Дефтест (Xero)

Мечтатель/Вес (Xero)

Пуантилизм (Xero)

Повернитесь к Грею

Пепел

Цветок

Еще неизданные песни из эпохи Hybrid Theory)

Edited by Dmitriy08

1 hour ago, AceWav said:

I've always wondered this! I was never sure if we ever heard all the 1999-2000's era Hybrid Theory tracks. 

For the album’s full extra songs, Meteora had Lost, and then (the 90% completed) Fighting Myself and More the Victim, but we don’t know what the ones Hybrid Theory had other than High Voltage, whether they were completed or only partially completed we don’t know but now that I think of it, that could be why they aren’t released if they were less finished than FM and MTV, like if they were only 60 or 70% there or less.

Edited by IWillWalkAway

7 hours ago, KiddIsAlive said:

I think the hype is more about possible implications for the band's future than about the actual release. But it's not to be taken for granted that we'll actually get something out of it.

That being said, a new song (with Chester!) is still a new song and as other said above, I'll take any unpublished material from the band at this stage.

Honestly, the only way this could be an actually interesting release as a whole is if it's a live compilation from rare shows, or some "Best Performances" kind of thing, but I don't have much faith in that.

Lost is  among the songs so no live shows sadly