Linkin Park releasing "Friendly Fire"

DCrecelius

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, IWillWalkAway said:

What a way to put it. Some emotional shit fr Makes me remember that I miss the guy a lot, wishing he was still here to make albums man.

He was a legend, though and we’ve still got all this awesome stuff in the vault which is awesome, like getting brand new songs every time. Hearing Lost felt sort of like a brand new Linkin Park song because they gave it a modern touch, which was a really smart choice on that release and not just throwing the old track itself to the public. It makes me happy knowing we’re getting and will continue to get releases from the band to put out that unheard stuff that’s great.

you’re words, my words 🥲

56 minutes ago, vinifeijo said:

5. Release a brand new song, promoting the start of a new era. Single out everywhere.
6. "Mike Shinoda and Friends" was all along a placeholder for Linkin Park coming back.

This is VERY unlikely. The MS & Friends title is just a wish list of a promoter of Blue Ridge Rock Fest, and that festival likely isn't even ever happening again. That guy is a big LP fan is all. He made that "name" up as far as we know.

So we got Lost as part of M20 last year. If Friendly Fire does anywhere close to Lost numbers, do you think Warner and the band will come up with some reason to pull another song from the vault next year?

If it's intentional that they left it blank and it's something unreleased, I'm willing to bet it's another OML vault track. They have been having apparent success with the box sets, so they wouldn't want to pull from those wells when they can go towards MTM20, ATS20, and LT20. I am unsure if we'll get 20 year boxes after that as they seem to have forgotten about THP and OML's timing will likely prevent them wanting to do an anniversary celebration. Plus they'll be late 50s or even 60 by then and prolly focused on chilling.

1 minute ago, leftshoe18 said:

So we got Lost as part of M20 last year. If Friendly Fire does anywhere close to Lost numbers, do you think Warner and the band will come up with some reason to pull another song from the vault next year?

Probably. And if it flops, it means we probably won't get more for a while. Although I'd say they're probably looking more at the performance of the whole collection, boxset sales etc. than just FF's streaming numbers. 

Call me Matpat Lite all you want. I have a theory.

During the tease for Friendly Fire, Linkin Park began the Green era. Green is the last name of Friendly Fire Co-Write. Thus, Friendly Fire. 

14 is left a mystery to us. One might say the number 14 is... out of reach?

A guy can dream.

I’m wondering if track 14 is indeed a THP b side because there isn’t a track from that album anywhere else on the list. That would be a neat way to fill that void for those fans who aren’t happy with the fact there’s no THP on the album. I also think at least one single deserved a slot. 

29 minutes ago, AceWav said:

I’m wondering if track 14 is indeed a THP b side because there isn’t a track from that album anywhere else on the list. That would be a neat way to fill that void for those fans who aren’t happy with the fact there’s no THP on the album. I also think at least one single deserved a slot. 

THP doesn't deserved a spot. That album was whack.

1 minute ago, WildernessHasLeftTheChat said:

You don’t like THP? I had no idea…

Guilty All The Same should be on it, what a banger! Shame they rarely pulled it off well live.

I have a Love-Hate relationship with this album. 

14 minutes ago, RYG4R said:

I have a Love-Hate relationship with this album. 

Same here, the first half is ehhhhhhhh,GATS itself has amazing elements but as a whole something prevents me from fully loving it and considering it worth a GH spot 

Sorry but this sound like Thirty Second to Mars and this is not good thing. I mean, hearing Chester in something new is super cool, but I don't know. Waiting for the whole track, though.

9 minutes ago, Igussek said:

Sorry but this sound like Thirty Second to Mars and this is not good thing. I mean, hearing Chester in something new is super cool, but I don't know. Waiting for the whole track, though.

but LP>30STM

9 minutes ago, Igussek said:

I fucking love Thirty Seconds to Mars, just take it back 😂

14 minutes ago, Igussek said:

I find hard to complain about something that was recorded in like 2016 or 2017.

That window is closed, this track sounds exactly what I expected a track from those sessions to sound like.

OML is my least favorite album by far so my expectations from any b side front hat album are always low.

At this point anything released or leaked is a blessing.

10 minutes ago, Somebodyangry said:

I fucking love Thirty Seconds to Mars, just take it back 😂

I mean, you really love their last album? 😬

11 minutes ago, RYG4R said:

but LP>30STM

Obviously