Linkin Park releasing "Friendly Fire"

DCrecelius

23 minutes ago, Igussek said:

Sorry but this sound like Thirty Second to Mars and this is not good thing. I mean, hearing Chester in something new is super cool, but I don't know. Waiting for the whole track, though.

Sorry but why this is not a good thing? do you expecting a track from OML session will sounds like LOST which recorded back in Meteora days? 

any songs from OML session will sounded like this, pop oriented track. 

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, RYG4R said:

THP doesn't deserved a spot. That album was whack.

For me, it came out when I was a junior in high school and at that time, metal was my favorite genre of music so THP really satisfied my cravings for heavy music and for LP to return to some familiar territory. It’s got some incredible moments on it. I only skip over War, and A line in the sand, those songs are boring. 

5 minutes ago, AceWav said:

For me, it came out when I was a junior in high school and at that time, metal was my favorite genre of music so THP really satisfied my cravings for heavy music and for LP to return to some familiar territory. It’s got some incredible moments on it. I only skip over War, and A line in the sand, those songs are boring. 

The problem of THP was the execution. Some tracks were repetitive in terms of structure and chord progression. Nothing amazing, nothing mindblowing except for GATS. Rebellion is the highlight of the album. I wish THP delivered more Rebellion-esque songs. Not too aggressive on vocals (except on the bridge) but heavy instrumentation.

4 minutes ago, bloodbath said:

Some of you are disappointed with Friendly Fire. I don't get it, it's an outtake from OML, you know what to expect. There's no room for surprise. 

well to be fair, QWERTY was sort of an MTM outtake. I mean, still recorded during the period before the album release, and it sounds nothing like it :P

11 minutes ago, bloodbath said:

Some of you are disappointed with Friendly Fire. I don't get it, it's an outtake from OML, you know what to expect. There's no room for surprise. 

I think it's amazing. I wonder what the rest of the song sounds like.

6 minutes ago, linkindan said:

Neon green, missing track…

14. One Step Closer (100 gecs Reanimation)

Wouldn't waste a cent on that album even with FF on it, not with OSC 100 gecs ending up on my CD shelf

31 minutes ago, linkin_boss said:

well to be fair, QWERTY was sort of an MTM outtake. I mean, still recorded during the period before the album release, and it sounds nothing like it :P

QWERTY sounds very much like the Minutes to Midnight era. It would fit right in with songs like Given Up, No More Sorrow, Across the Line, Asbestos, etc.

9 minutes ago, LPsMart said:

Wouldn't waste a cent on that album even with FF on it, not with OSC 100 gecs ending up on my CD shelf

Every time I try to understand it, I hear something that somehow makes it worse

1 hour ago, leftshoe18 said:

QWERTY sounds very much like the Minutes to Midnight era. It would fit right in with songs like Given Up, No More Sorrow, Across the Line, Asbestos, etc.

Well, that was straight-up smth from the Meteora era or 1st phase of MTM recording but not this final version that we got just based on a mashup between rap and lead vocals that was missing in MTM

Edited by EnhanX
Was not sure about 2006 year of recordings (1st phase of MTM recordings)

43 minutes ago, EnhanX said:

Well, that was straight-up smth from the Meteora era or 1st phase of MTM recording but not this final version that we got just based on a mashup between rap and lead vocals that was missing in MTM

Sonically, QWERTY sounds so much more like the Minutes to Midnight era than the Meteora era. The song is much more stripped down like MTM with a hard rock vibe more similar to Given Up and No More Sorrow than any of the hard rock/metal vibes on Meteora. The only similarity it has with Meteora is the rapped verses/sung chorus structure. But of course, we also have that on Bleed It Out, Hands Held High, Debris and probably Asbestos as well if the song had gotten a chorus. 

3 minutes ago, LPLStaff said:

Wonder if the track 14 is something from A Thousand Suns, Living Things, or Hunting Party.

Honestly it’d be great if it was somethin from THP. There’s something for every album except that, so at least 1 song representative of it would fill more complete. I know everyone has diff opinions on THP but it’s the same for every album lol def needs 1 song even if it was nothing in comparison to the rest as far as being a hit and impactful-ness

14 minutes ago, DylHDZ said:

Honestly it’d be great if it was somethin from THP. There’s something for every album except that, so at least 1 song representative of it would fill more complete. I know everyone has diff opinions on THP but it’s the same for every album lol def needs 1 song even if it was nothing in comparison to the rest as far as being a hit and impactful-ness

Maybe we could finally get to hear "The Glistening".