Linkin Park releasing "Friendly Fire"

DCrecelius

The hate/dislike for THP has always baffled me.

Same goes for OML.

We all go through album phases, but THP is way more exciting than anything on LT or M2M . I think the production was intentional of how it sounds.

The solo in KTTK is probably the best they have ever done. Criminally underrated. 

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, lpliveusername said:

The Hunting Party could have used some better production or direction. This was a band that has always followed trends trying to self-produce something they were not familiar with. The album could have benefited with an outside producer perspective. Still, the result was fucking awesome. Way better than One More Light or Living Things.

You said it for me. OML or LT are the worst albums they made. I rarely listen them.

To give my good old THP some more love, I'll add : 

KTTK and GATS are some of most interesting, exciting, adrenaline-packed tracks in LP catalog. If the entire album was of that caliber - not especially that heavy, but just that good - it'd easily be my favorite LP record.

9 minutes ago, Qwerty18 said:

KTTK and GATS are some of most interesting, exciting, adrenaline-packed tracks in LP catalog. If the entire album was of that caliber - not especially that heavy, but just that good - it'd easily be my favorite LP record.

Totally agree here. These two always get me pumped. The last part of KTTK is one of my favourite by them, probably.

But @Subs

Such a strong MTM hate? Don't let Geki see that :D

If the release is only one CD that means there won't be room for anything exotic. At least one song from each album seems plausible (because there will be a "new" song, too).

46 minutes ago, YRQRM0 said:

But I mean the M20 campaign with the "BBB tape" thing came out a lot earlier, there's nothing like that right now

Also yeah, greatest hits will most certainly include songs from every album and probably a few from left field that Mike is really proud of or something, like Rebellion. I think RU will be there too since the band seems to really like it and it also had a moment after being in Fast and Furious 

As I recall, RU was on Need For Speed (flopped movie), not FF franchise.

1 hour ago, Trumtram said:

Totally agree here. These two always get me pumped. The last part of KTTK is one of my favourite by them, probably.

But @Subs

Such a strong MTM hate? Don't let Geki see that :D

If the release is only one CD that means there won't be room for anything exotic. At least one song from each album seems plausible (because there will be a "new" song, too).

I dont hate any LP album tbh, but over the years I just find MTM the most repetitive. Each album is perfect when your in the mood for that particular style, but I just find anything post MTM to be the most exciting, partly because the repetitiveness of earlier albums.

All good albums though

1 hour ago, YRQRM0 said:

But I mean the M20 campaign with the "BBB tape" thing came out a lot earlier, there's nothing like that right now

The official accounts are literally sharing videos of Linkin Park's greatest hits right now.

Just now, Subs said:

I dont hate any LP album tbh, but over the years I just find MTM the most repetitive. Each album is perfect when your in the mood for that particular style, but I just find anything post MTM to be the most exciting, partly because the repetitiveness of earlier albums.

All good albums though

Personally, I feel like Minutes To Midnight has really good songs, but if you listen to the album as a whole it can get quite boring because of how many slow songs they picked for the album. The outtakes are all spectacular too. Peak alt. rock Linkin Park.

Hi Geki! Are you like Beetlejuice, someone mentions your name and you appear!!? 😅 I concur with a lot of what you said, I love each LP album for different reasons.

If there is going to be a new release of some kind (I'm very pessimistic on this*), which band members are going to be involved? Or is it a Mike thing with Dave and Brad getting roped in for like one webchat?

*unless there are pressures from the record label I just really don't think Mike is interested in looking backwards right now, he's really trying so hard to push himself forward into a younger generation of music fans so I'm not sure why he'd revisit the past again. He doesn't want to deny LP and the platform it gave him but basically that's over now and he's trying to re define himself away from that.

On 2/13/2024 at 2:14 AM, RYG4R said:

THP will turn 10 in few months time. I'm not surprised if WB doesn't promote any THP 10th anniversary merch, materials or demos.

If anything I expect us to get the Acoustic Final Masquerade on streaming. That's about all I can expect from them for THP until 10 years from now. 

On 2/12/2024 at 10:29 PM, RYG4R said:

Nothing from THP? lol 

That album was a disgrace anyways, so. no need to be acknowledged.

I mean, I quite like it, personally. It isn't my favourite, probably lowest for me to be real, but it has some of my favourite songs by the band. GATS, Rebellion, UIG, Final Masquerade, and MTG are all phenomenal tracks. I can't stand Keys personally, I like Mike's parts but that's all. War ain't good either. Wastelands is alright but it's overplayed for me personally. Can't even remember the rest of the album off the top of my head.

EDIT: Right as I sent that out, I remembered ALITS. What potential that had, what poor execution it had too.

21 hours ago, lpliveusername said:

The official accounts are literally sharing videos of Linkin Park's greatest hits right now.

Yeah I'm aware, but I figured if FF was coming by end of February, we'd have a little website revamp, some kind of puzzle or something that was more obviously teasing. Casual fans aren't really gonna think anything's coming just from seeing the accounts reposting fan vids 

2 minutes ago, YRQRM0 said:

Yeah I'm aware, but I figured if FF was coming by end of February, we'd have a little website revamp, some kind of puzzle or something that was more obviously teasing. Casual fans aren't really gonna think anything's coming just from seeing the accounts reposting fan vids 

Us on the other hand, we're insane about every little detail. For good reason, of course. All we know for SURE is that an unreleased track releases this month. It's identity and anything following is up in the air. I'd love to see this be teasing some kind of tour, perhaps the Mike Shinoda and Friends listing from a few months back? But I'm not getting my hopes up.

Side note, part of me feels like the reveal will come on the 29th. Just for shits and gigs.

13 minutes ago, DylHDZ said:

Since the OML playlist was updated today I’m wondering if they added the unreleased song on it as unlisted

It’s probably just sitting there… waiting to be released like 👁️👄👁️

26 minutes ago, DylHDZ said:

Since the OML playlist was updated today I’m wondering if they added the unreleased song on it as unlisted

Having unlisted video in the playlist would be visible in the playlist for everyone, so it's not that. If the playlist would have a new video that's not published yet there would be info about that too, so it's either not that too. But the playlist with lyric videos was updated some time ago and has one additional video that's not available yet.

6 minutes ago, martinez said:

Having unlisted video in the playlist would be visible in the playlist for everyone, so it's not that. If the playlist would have a new video that's not published yet there would be info about that too, so it's either not that too. But the playlist with lyric videos was updated some time ago and has one additional video that's not available yet.

I mean idk all the ins and outs of that but where I was getting at is what you said, an additional video that’s not available yet 

Edited by DylHDZ

5 minutes ago, DylHDZ said:

I was getting at is what you said, an additional video that’s not available yet 

So like I said - no any new videos in that playlist yet. No any unlisted or private videos there.

22 minutes ago, Somebodyangry said:

What's missing ? ITE?

"In The End" was already reposted before. There's no "From The Inside", "Numb" "Given Up", "Shadow Of The Day", "The Catalyst, "Iridescent", "Lost In The Echo", "Until It's Gone", "Final Masquerade", or "Heavy". (Maybe a decent amount of the ones I mentioned will be on there, but not all of them. Just throwing out some of the more important singles. "Numb" is definitely going to be on there, considering it's popularity, but not entirely sure on the others.)

Edited by NJPLP

21 minutes ago, NJPLP said:

"In The End" was already reposted before. There's no "From The Inside", "Numb" "Given Up", "Shadow Of The Day", "The Catalyst, "Iridescent", "Lost In The Echo", "Until It's Gone", "Final Masquerade", or "Heavy". (Maybe a decent amount of the ones I mentioned will be on there, but not all of them. Just throwing out some of the more important singles. "Numb" is definitely going to be on there, considering it's popularity, but not entirely sure on the others.)

Numb has now been posted