2014.05.30 - Lisboa, Portugal - Rock In Rio VI

As of right now, they were so much better on the Honda Civic Tour. This set is so abrupt and chaotic. I just really don't like it. I hate to be that guy bitching today, but damn this is all over the place and not in the good way. Brad is messing up so badly and wtf is going on at the beginning of Untill It's Gone. They are just trying to mash everything they can in one set.

I'm actually enjoying all the chaos, seems amusing. but yeah, I agree on brad, he's messing it all around.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As of right now, they were so much better on the Honda Civic Tour. This set is so abrupt and chaotic. I just really don't like it. I hate to be that guy bitching today, but damn this is all over the place and not in the good way. Brad is messing up so badly and wtf is going on at the beginning of Untill It's Gone. They are just trying to mash everything they can in one set.

exactly...there's way too much going on.

Why are the abbreviated songs suddenly such a shock? They played the same set not more than one week ago and played abbreviated songs at the iheartradio performance ages ago.

Knew it was a one off with iHeart because of their time slot.

Now it's just annoying :P

It's fairly common for bands of this age to combine songs into a medley.

BTW, am I the only one sitting here thinking "oh I really hope Mike threw enough copies of that CD into the crowd so we have a rip online in the next few hours"? :P

It's fairly common for bands of this age to combine songs into a medley.

BTW, am I the only one sitting here thinking "oh I really hope Mike threw enough copies of that CD into the crowd so we have a rip online in the next few hours"? :P

Yeah cause how the fuck can they rip the shit off a CD in the middle of a 24346k crowd? Great work Sherlock, You're awesome :P

Alright, changes that need to be made to the show page for Tucson by going off this show:

-Points of Authority should have a "shortened intro" note. They count in and launch straight into the guitar riff rather than looping through the synth intro a couple times first.
-Add Wretches and Kings to the Joe medley.
-The Catalyst/No More Sorrow intro to Until it's Gone also features one particular sample from the bridge of New Divide (Mike plays it on his sampler). I don't think it's worth changing the intro to "The Catalyst/No More Sorrow/Until It's Gone/New Divide" or anything, but a note should be made of it somehow like the In My Remains samples in Mike's medley.
-Lost in the Echo should have "drum transition outro" after it, the drum beat kind of morphs into the one from Crawling.
-Crawling was just Intro>Chorus, and yes, the tempo was faster (it basically serves as a bridge between LITE and New Divide). I have it as "Crawling (faster tempo, shortened)."
-New Divide was Intro>Verse 1>Chorus 2>Bridge>Chorus 3>Outro. They just skipped Chorus 1 and Verse 2 like they do on With You.
-What I've Done has a short extended intro (the "ticking" sample loops a couple times before the piano comes in now).

Things that were unique to this show:
-No Wastelands verse on the Runaway outro, Mike threw CDs into the crowd at that point instead.
-Encore break added.
-Steve Aoki came out on stage during ALTNC, but didn't do anything musically (his gear wasn't set up).

Wow. I'll do a full review later tonight, but they seriously need to take a day or two on this tour to rehearse the setlist. Damn. Brad - what a mess. I wonder if Sean watched this show via webcast.

The shortened songs I'm not a fan of besides Blackout and Robot Boy - Shinoda really jams on those. Glad to have them in there. But Papercut without verse 2?? The one Chester screams on? Ouch.

Until It's Gone sounded great. But Chester lives on the micstand.

The encore medley is realllllly bad. Best part of the show was Papercut to me.

Overall, this show sucked. I was disappointed. Brad completely ruined it for me. The show did have some epic moments, like Mike throwing the Wastelands CD into the crowd, Mike's rap medley and Joe's medley. Chester was also decent. Rob was very good. But Brad, he is in terrible shape. They need to get him to step it up or maybe think about finding a new guitarist. He consistently is bad every night and he messed up GATS and much more. Not trying to sound like a dick here, but cmon man...

Wow. I'll do a full review later tonight, but they seriously need to take a day or two on this tour to rehearse the setlist. Damn. Brad - what a mess. I wonder if Sean watched this show via webcast.

The shortened songs I'm not a fan of besides Blackout and Robot Boy - Shinoda really jams on those. Glad to have them in there. But Papercut without verse 2?? The one Chester screams on? Ouch.

Until It's Gone sounded great. But Chester lives on the micstand.

The encore medley is realllllly bad. Best part of the show was Papercut to me.

+1

Overall, this show sucked. I was disappointed. Brad completely ruined it for me. The show did have some epic moments, like Mike throwing the Wastelands CD into the crowd, Mike's rap medley and Joe's medley. Chester was also decent. Rob was very good. But Brad, he is in terrible shape. They need to get him to step it up or maybe think about finding a new guitarist. He consistently is bad every night and he messed up GATS and much more. Not trying to sound like a dick here, but cmon man...

Brad actually didn't mess up GATS at all. Mike plays the main riff after the piano part of the intro (Brad plays the secondary harmony part there), he screwed that up several times.