2014.05.30 - Lisboa, Portugal - Rock In Rio VI

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah cause how the fuck can they rip the shit off a CD in the middle of a 24346k crowd? Great work Sherlock, You're awesome :P

Lose the snarky attitude mate. If you actually read what I said before jumping on the opportunity to be a smart ass, you'd see that I said "within hours". Absolutely nowhere did I say I was expecting a rip now.

-What I've Done has a short extended intro (the "ticking" sample loops a couple times before the piano comes in now).

I think it was the same number of loops and the piano just came in later (maybe Mike messed it up), but I'd have to see it again.

POA's new intro sucks, shortened songs suck, false intros suck, Brad messing up so much sucks, and the encore being just one long medley sucks. This live show SUCKS compared to 2012/2013. They were on such a high during the LT tour cycle and now it's just meh. They are putting to many things into one show and not being able to keep with their own selves. Its a huge letdown. Hopefully this all changes for Carnivores Tour and they go back to playing a normal show. This isn't a rap concert, dont just do one giant medley of 30+ songs. Be a rock band like you said you were going to do. That was the whole point of this cycle right?

End rant.

Edited by Caseygray1

Until It's Gone intro was terrible, but What I've Done solo -> Amazing! :)

UIG is very better live actually, the atmosphere during the song was so good.

Edited by Biel

I enjoyed the set. The audio wasn't fantastic on the stream which lessened the impact for me. Brad was also way off. But overall, love the addition of medleys personally. Only element I could have done without was the chorus of Crawling. Seemed pointless to me. Rest of it was epic. COG and the Hip Hop Medley 2.0 are winners.

POA's new intro sucks, shortened songs suck, false intros suck, Brad messing up so much sucks, and the encore being just one long medley sucks. This live show SUCKS compared to 2012/2013. They were on such a high during the LT tour cycle and now it's just meh. They are putting to many things into one show and not being able to keep with their own selves. Its a huge letdown. Hopefully this all changes for Carnivores Tour and they go back to playing a normal show. This isn't a rap concert, dont just do one giant medley of 30+ songs. Be a rock band like you said you were going to do. That was the whole point of this cycle right?

End rant.

This

It was fun to watch...they messed up some parts, so what? It will get better in the following shows. Not a big deal.

Setlist is great. All the interludes, shortened songs, medleys...that's exactly what I need right now. Kind of tired about them playing song after song after song.....seeing them for the 10th time soon and that's something new, something fresh. Can't wait for RiP

Wow, some of you guys are livid.

It's understandable - this is obviously a set that's not meant to make everyone happy. I like it quite a bit because it's interesting and unusual, though I hope they start subbing in other songs aside from the upcoming onslaught of THP tracks.

This show was hilarious to watch, though - every time someone fucked up, the shoutbox exploded. I'm surprised there's not yet a petition to just have Brad executed, the way some of you guys were talking.

End rant.

*facepalm* This fanbase. I can't even.

What the fuck do you think would happen if they started playing more full-length songs? They'd go back to playing New Divide, Papercut, Lost in the Echo, etc. in full (MAYBE A Light That Never Comes), and to keep the show the same length, the first thing they'd drop would be With You, Runaway, Crawling, and probably stuff like Joe's solo spot and the Blackout/Robot Boy interludes. Then guess what? We'd be RIGHT back to the same old "they always play the same songs!" complaining that people have been doing for the last 10 fucking years.

I applaud Linkin Park for somehow still having the collective morale to even bother going out on tour anymore (or maybe they just do it for the money, who really knows). If I were them, I'd say fuck it, pull a Beatles, and become a studio-only band, because they clearly cannot satisfy people in their fanbase when it comes to putting together a setlist. They could go out and play for 3 hours a night and people would find SOME reason to say the show sucks. "They didn't play QWERTY! Fuck them!"

I recorded the audio and now listen a several times to Guilty all the Same and there is no mess up from Brad, definitely a technical problem with the new gear. So keep cool, only Until It's Gone intro was a little mess up for two or three notes. :)

BTW: The new setlist has really cool stuff on it, 100 times better than about 21 songs being played to death. Some people call this creativity. ;)