2014.05.24 - Tucson, AZ - KFMA Day 2014

The problem is that we haven't done it before. But we can certainly change things for 2004 and 2012-2014.

- Step Up/It's Goin' Down/Nobody's Listening (Hip Hop Medley)

- LOATR/SOTD/Iridescent (Ballad Medley)

- WAK/RTN/STB (Hip Hop Medley 2)

What do we do?

Medley: SU, IGD, NL

Medley: LOATR/SOTD/Iridescent

Medley: WAK/RTN/STB/IMR

Thoughts? I'm open to anything.

This is the first time the band has really drastically changed the setlist like this. I like Hip Hop Medley 2.0. We can wait and see what the band will do for a B and C setlist, but I doubt they'll change it up that much. IMR in the notes works for me. If there are more Medley's we'll all have to just get more creative in the naming. :P

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that's what I can a great setlist. New songs, new medleys, and new arrangements. It's totally unexpected and I hope they keep this tradition during the rest of the tour.

And, since there're no DSPs anymore, maybe they're considering releasing a proper live album again. Which, according to this setlist, is going to be awesome.

I know I gave Ben Chandler a hard time over the GATS thing, but I wish him the best of luck. He got thrown into that situation without a lot of time to prepare for it.

So Astat, when are we getting our call up for tour duties. A Guitar tech role is pretty natural for me hahaha.

I appreciate how they do try to fit in more stuff into the set, but why do try for the sake of trying?

I mean, I don't really like these "shortened" songs stuff.

You either play the song in full, or don't try to play it at all, do justice to your own creature.

This kind of setlist actually doesn't make me wanna go buy the ticket now.

To me the thing that Joe and Mike did should not be called a medley because the instrumental was something totally new, it's more like a live remix/mashup.

It's like saying that Sold My Soul To Ya Mama is a medley.

Sold My Soul to Yo Mama contains a bunch of original music recorded specifically for that song. This does not.

Edited by Astat

Instead of taking so many clips and samples of songs I think something like this would have worked really well:

Points of authority (new intro)

Guilty all the same

From the inside >

No more sorrow (long intro)

Victimized w/ qwerty

Papercut (blackout intro)

Wretches & kings

With you (scratch 2012 intro) >

Runaway (wastelands transition outro) >

Wastelands

Lying from you

By myself

Robot boy jam

Castle of glass experience

Waiting for the end (apaches, outro) >

Numb (numb/encore intro/outro)

Crawling (krwlng intro)

What I've done (ext bridge solo)

-------------

Lost in the echo (long 2014 intro)

A place for my head (ext)

One step closer (ext outro)

Faint (new intro, ext outro)

Drop new divide, burn it down, a light that never comes, until it's gone, ballad medley, bleed it out, and given up. Add no more sorrow, by myself, wretches and kings, a place for my head, from the inside, and victimized w/ qwerty. Open with points and put guilty all the same second.

IMO, Bleed It Out should never be dropped. Replace Given Up with Keys To The Kingdom, go for it. Astat was right when he said that he thought it was the LP song that has damaged Chester's voice the most out of any so far. Keys To The Kingdom sounds similar to it because of the punk rock feel and Chester does a lot of screaming in it, apparently, not to mention it even has the word ''fuck'' in the chorus just like Given Up does, not that it matters, just very similar. I know everyone is thinking that would be pointless because the screaming in Given Up is what damages his voice the most, but I haven't heard Keys To The Kingdom yet and I know they will add it to the set eventually, it might not be as harsh as Given Up, either. Get rid of shit like New Divide, Numb, Burn It Down, Ballad Medley. Why on Earth would they drop Until It's Gone when it's the first proper single off of the new album and the album hasn't even been released yet? No.

Edited by Geki

The problem is that we haven't done it before. But we can certainly change things for 2004 and 2012-2014.

- Step Up/It's Goin' Down/Nobody's Listening (Hip Hop Medley)

- LOATR/SOTD/Iridescent (Ballad Medley)

- WAK/RTN/STB (Hip Hop Medley 2)

What do we do?

Medley: SU, IGD, NL

Medley: LOATR/SOTD/Iridescent

Medley: WAK/RTN/STB/IMR

Thoughts? I'm open to anything.

I think Hip-Hop Medley 2.0 is good. If (huge "IF") the band decides to change it slightly or add a new verse then you can add additional versions like 2.1, 2.2, 2.3 etc

Not sure if this already posted or not.

CASTLE OF GLASS (M.Shinoda Remix) // Ballad Medley (LOATR/SOTD/Iridescent) // Robot Boy (Intro) // Joe Solo // BURN IT DOWN

Note: "Joe Solo" features "VICTIMIZED (M. SHINODA Remix)", "By Myself (Marilyn Manson Remix)", "Cure for the Itch", "Session", "Plc.4 Mie Hæd" and some random stuff. It's f'kin awesome.

Edited by AndOne

So, they made With You shorter by skipping verse 2. Waiting to see what they did with Papercut.

the same thing.

whoever uploaded these long videos should be rewarded with a statue of himself or something.

edit: Joe's solo was kinda pointless though, and I'm not really feeling the COG remix either.

Edited by Yippi Cola

So here's what we have so far:
01. The Catalyst/The Requiem + Guilty All The Same: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
02. Given Up: 1 | 2 | 3
03. Points Of Authority: 1
04. One Step Closer: 1
05. Blackout
06. Papercut
One Step Closer + Blackout + Papercut: 1
07. With You: 1
08. Runaway: 1
09. Wastelands: 1 | 2 | 3
With You + Runaway + Wastelands: 1
10. Castle Of Glass Experience: 1 | 2
11. Leave Out All The Rest/Shadow Of The Day/Iridescent: 1 | 2
12. Robot Boy: 1
13. Joe Solo*
14. Burn It Down
Castle Of Glass Experience + LOATR/SOTD/Iridescent + Robot Boy + Joe Solo + Burn It Down: 1
15. Waiting For The End (w/ Until It Breaks)
16. Mike Solo**: 1 | 2 | 3
17. Numb (w/ Numb/Encore): 1
Mike Solo + Numb: 1
18. In The End: 1 | 2
19. Faint: 1
20. Until It's Gone: 1 | 2 | 3
21. A Light That Never Comes: 1
22. Lost In The Echo
A Light That Never Comes + Lost In The Echo: 1
23. Crawling: 1
24. New Divide
25. What I've Done: 1
26. Bleed It Out (w/ Drum Solo & The Catalyst): 1 | 2

The Catalyst/The Requiem + Guilty All The Same + Wastelands: 1

Until It's Gone + Mike Solo + Bleed It Out: 1

*Victimized (M. Shinoda Remix), Buy Myself, Cure For The Itch, Session, Plc.4 Mie Hæd

**Skin To Bone (Nick Catchdubs Remix), Wretches And Kings, Remember The Name, In My Remains

Edited by lpliveusername