2014.05.24 - Tucson, AZ - KFMA Day 2014

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL, epic fail on the new guitar tech's part. Mike's guitar wasn't working at the start of the song, and as soon as he fixed it, Brad's quit working and didn't come back until the song was almost over. First song of your first show as the new guy, and that happens? Ouch.

The transition into Numb/Encore from the end of that sounded REALLY abrupt, like something skipped. Hmm.

And FYI, that medley is lyrically a combination of Wretches and Kings/Remember the Name/Skin to Bone (Recharged), but MUSICALLY it's a combination of Wretches and Kings/Skin to Bone (album version)/Remember the Name/In My Remains. VERY cool!

Rob's been doing gallops on Bleed it Out for years with a single pedal. Probably not actually using the double pedal for that one.

You are right, I had not noticed that.

And yeah, he is obviously using a volume pedal for some of Brad's parts in GATS. The way Brad's guitar faded in at the end of the bridge makes me think he had it pushed down until he noticed.

Those videos are a great glimpse into the set, even with the absolute lack of bass making them all sound kind of empty. I'm sure with real audio/being at the show made the whole set a monster.

Wastelands is one I need to hear in the studio to come to an opinion on. The Catalyst/Requiem thing sounded interesting, but I dunno how I feel about it going straight into GATS.

Hopefully they'll work on the transitions between all these weird things they're doing - it kind of reminds me of Kanye West's Hurricane Sandy relief set, where he just played a 16-song medley with zero breaks.

It's also astounding, looking at the show page, that In the End is the only track that's just...there.

Edited by Final Destiny

I do like the energy from the set and how long it is, I just really don't like shortened songs at all. It's like they are trying to get as many things into one show as possible. Like wtf are these mash ups? They sound cool but its just way to much.

The hip hop medley simply rocks! GATS is really good live, so is UIG. Still wondering if I should listen to Wastelands now, or wait until the album comes out. Anyway, that was a crazy show. Waiting for a COG video.

Overall, this set is very good. The show sounds amazing. Wastelands is an awesome song, I love it. I've loved every track from THP so far. I am really digging Mike's new hip-hop medley, that shit is INSANE. Until It's Gone sounds good live. Guilty All the Same is actually BETTER live than it is studio, IMO, Chester makes it a lot heavier. Mike doing Rakim's part is cool. Can't wait to hear this set in HQ.

GATS sounds good besides the guitar fuck up. Brad is playing some weird stuff when it kicks in. I am surprised Mike did Rakim's verse.

Mike messed up some of the lyrics during Rakim's part, as well as Brad messing up the guitar. But it still sounds good to me. I mostly love it because of the way Chester does the vocals, he adds a lot more power to it than the studio version. I hope they perform it flawlessly at Rock in Rio at least.