2014.05.24 - Tucson, AZ - KFMA Day 2014

Yeah, Robot Boy is a standalone thing so it should definitely be by itself. If you keep Blackout separate it just needs to have (w/Papercut beat outro transition) or something as a note. Bleed it Out's had the extended intro/outro for so long I just forgot to put them on there. :lol:

I'm torn on the "Mike Solo Medley" thing. On the one hand, it's consistent with the printed setlist, on the other hand, it's actually performed by Mike and Joe, while Joe's solo spot is truly a solo spot.

Done. I added that note, tidied up a few more. For Mike I put Mike solo medley w/ Joe. That'll be good for now I guess. Or I can put Mike and Joe Medley. I want it called a Medley there but I'm up for changing what it's exactly called.

I guess we won't know about the end of the set and the POA intro until Lisbon. Is there an encore break after Faint?

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Done. I added that note, tidied up a few more. For Mike I put Mike solo medley w/ Joe. That'll be good for now I guess. Or I can put Mike and Joe Medley. I want it called a Medley there but I'm up for changing what it's exactly called.

I guess we won't know about the end of the set and the POA intro until Lisbon. Is there an encore break after Faint?

I like the idea of the titles just being "Joe Solo Medley"/"Mike Solo Medley" because then it frees up the right column to list what songs were actually in the medley. Also keeps open the possibility of them adding different things to the medleys in the future without us having to change the names of anything.

No encore after Faint, I'm pretty sure. The live tweets from LPA were coming pretty quick and they never mentioned anything about an encore. The UIG videos also don't seem like they're just coming back out on stage either.

I don't understand why you guys are considering Robot Boy and Blackout as being played....they were played for 30 seconds as intros. That's not playing a song. The actual setlist contains the same amount of songs as it always does... 20-22. I like the set, but I'd rather they just add a few more full songs and cut out all the partial stuff.

So I just counted up the song totals...

The band played 41 songs on Friday. I counted COG as two separate songs because of the album version and the RECHARGED version. That's still fucking insane.

I don't understand why you guys are considering Robot Boy and Blackout as being played....they were played for 30 seconds as intros. That's not playing a song. The actual setlist contains the same amount of songs as it always does... 20-22. I like the set, but I'd rather they just add a few more full songs and cut out all the partial stuff.

Length of the Blackout interlude from the time it starts to the time the Papercut beat starts (which doesn't include the portion where the Blackout outro is mashed up with the Papercut intro): 1:36.

Length of the Robot Boy interlude: 2 minutes.

I see your ability to grossly over-exaggerate things hasn't dwindled over the years.

Edited by Astat

We count partial songs and always have. Be Yourself, Hands Held High acapella,

Length of the Blackout interlude from the time it starts to the time the Papercut beat starts (which doesn't include the portion where the Blackout outro is mashed up with the Papercut intro): 1:36.

so how long was the length of the whole concert? 90 minutes?

Since when we're using abbreviations in the set notes for song name (CFTI, P4MH)? If I remember correctly the only abbreviation in the show notes was the SDC intro which is a band name.

105 minutes. Or at least, that's how long they were scheduled to play. I think they went on like 5 or 10 minutes late though

105?? :o that's amazing :D but next week they have only 100 minutes at Rock im Park :P

I see your ability to grossly over-exaggerate things hasn't dwindled over the years.

I misjudged how long they were, but they're still not full songs.

I know it was only the first show, but there's really no excuse for them not to play for 2 hours at this point. They're one of the biggest bands in the world...90 minutes doesn't cut it.

Edited by castro78

We won't know how long this show is until we have a full recording. Luckily we have some tapers getting the Euro shows. Hopefully Lisbon is webcasted.

Anything that is played either partial or full is listed. Crawling acapella in Brazil in 2012, etc.

Since when we're using abbreviations in the set notes for song name (CFTI, P4MH)? If I remember correctly the only abbreviation in the show notes was the SDC intro which is a band name.

LOATR/SOTD/Iridescent. There is only so much room in the set notes. "V1" for verse 1. Anything that is abbreviated will be mentioned in every show note (except the ballad medley). Don't worry. Lisbon will have notes about both medleys, etc. Not many people know all the abbreviations for song names so we will explai on every page.

Added ALTNC and LITE notes. Only missing Crawling and New Divide now.

From a snippet of Crawling, you can add that it was sped up to fit the speed of New Divide so it could transition better into it.

What a mess on POA! Let me understand:

a) they changed it to Drop D;
B) they changed it to half Drop D, half Drop Db;
c) Brad got the wrong guitar (Drop D) and replaced it by the correct one (Drop Db);
d) Brad had issues on his Drop D guitar and was given to him a wrong one;
e) there was no time to change guitars between Given Up and POA;

f) it's time to sink or swim.

Wow what the fuck happened on Points? I know it's the first show but that's the worst Points performance I've ever heard lol

I'm saving my comments on the full set until I have a full recording of a show and/or see the Lisbon broadcast. I like a lot of it so far.

This was an awesome awesome setlist.

What a mess on POA! Let me understand:

a) they changed it to Drop D;
B) they changed it to half Drop D, half Drop Db;
c) Brad got the wrong guitar (Drop D) and replaced it by the correct one (Drop Db);
d) Brad had issues on his Drop D guitar and was given to him a wrong one;
e) there was no time to change guitars between Given Up and POA;

f) it's time to sink or swim.

I don't know how you picked up on that...but I like it.

Pretty confident on the setlist now! All we're really missing videos of are WFTE (which we know was the 2012 version anyway), the drum transition outro from LITE into Crawling, and most of Crawling/New Divide.

Updates I would make to the LPL show page:

Given Up: "Ext. Outro" > "Ext. Outro w/extra note" - It did have the extra note at the end like it has in recent years.

Blackout: "Shortened (Intro and Partial Bridge Instrumental Only); Ext. Papercut Beat Outro Transition" > "Shortened (Intro and Partial Outro Instrumental Only); Ext. Papercut Beat Outro Transition" - The second portion of Blackout is basically the ending of the song without vocals, not the bridge (which would be the part with Joe chopping up Chester's scream samples).

With You: "2012 Ext. Intro; Shortened (No Second Verse or Second Chorus)" > "Shortened (No First Chorus or Second Verse)" - With You did NOT have the 2012 intro, it was the album version intro. Also, they actually cut out the FIRST chorus, as the chorus they played after the first verse was a double-length chorus, which means it would be the second chorus if you go off the album version.

Runaway: "Shortened (Up Through First Chorus Only); Ext. Outro Transition w/ Wastelands Verse 1" > "Shortened (Intro/First Verse/Chorus Only); Ext. Outro Transition w/ Wastelands Verse 1" - Wording on this just sounds awkward the way it is right now.

Joe Solo Medley: "w/ Victimized Rmx, Buy Myself, CFTI, Session, P4MH Rmx" - "w/Victimized Remix, Buy Myself, CFTI, Session, PLC4. MIE HÆD" - Pretty sure this formatting would still fit, there are longer notes on the page.

Burn it Down: "2014 intro" should not be there, the intro was completely normal once Joe was finished with his solo spot (this also needs to be removed from Show Notes).

ALTNC: "Shortened (No Second Verse or Second Chorus)" > "Shortened (No Second Verse, Second Chorus, or Bridge)" - The bridge was skipped too.

Crawling: "Shortened" > "Shortened, w/faster tempo" - Crawling was played faster than usual, presumably to fit better with New Divide.

In Show Notes, a note should be made that there were further technical difficulties with Brad's guitar on Points of Authority, as well as difficulties with samples on several songs (Numb, Until it's Gone, ALTNC).

"'Castle Of Glass' (labeled the "Experience Version") was performed with an instrumental mashup with the M. Shinoda Recharged remix of the song." - Calling it an "instrumental mashup" is incorrect, there were vocals. It was just a mashup of the album version with Mike's remix (only the intro/first verse came from the album version).

The hip-hop medley also incorporates part of the instrumental from Wretches, which isn't mentioned.

I also don't think the Sublime weed incident should be something that deserves being included in the show notes, particularly when half of the story is likely bullshit anyway.