2014.05.24 - Tucson, AZ - KFMA Day 2014

The only thing that stands between the first Linkin Park show for The Hunting Party is an exclusive album listening session with Linkin Park, LPU members, and KROQ winners on Friday!

Linkin Park is set to return to the stage for the first time since January 11, 2014, when they played the "Concert for the Philippines" at LA's Club Nokia. They will be playing at Kino Veterans Memorial Stadium in Tucson, Arizona for KFMA Day 2014. The show page for this show can be found here. It will be the band's third show ever in Tucson, with the first coming in winter 2000 for a KFMA Free Show and the second coming in the middle of Projekt Revolution 2003 at the Tucson Convention Center. That tour had an unusual run of two Arizona shows in a row (Phoenix then Tucson).

Since this is the first show for the new album - ANYTHING can happen. We know that we will get a brand new setlist and we know that they will debut songs off of the new album. What we don't know, though, is how many new songs they'll play and what else they'll play. Hybrid Theory has been rehearsed extensively over the past month (in preparation for Download)...is it possible that they'll stick in songs like By Myself, Forgotten, or Pushing Me Away to rehearse them in front of a crowd before Download? Do you think we'll see those songs brought back for Tucson?

Off of the new album, we are obviously expecting Guilty All The Same and Until It's Gone...the two new singles. Chester recently said that he wants to play more than three new songs immediately off of the record...maybe they'll stick in Keys to the Kingdom (the first song on the album) and/or another new song. Everything is up in the air at this point, but we are expecting an energy-packed setlist with song debuts and a new order of songs! Will they bring anything else back to fit in with the new songs? What would you like to see dropped from the show?

Here are a few Hybrid Theory stats from our new "Waiting To Be Liberated List" in case any of these songs are performed in Arizona:
Forgotten (Last played Feb 24, 2002)
By Myself (Last played Oct 29, 2003)
Pushing Me Away (Last played Aug 21, 2008)
Cure For The Itch (Last played Aug 30, 2011)

Regardless of when the first two songs are performed, they will both go to the top of our "Liberation List" since they have not been played live in so long. Seven of the top ten songs in the Liberation List coincidentally are Hybrid Theory songs, too. Here are the top two songs, one of which is Pushing Me Away. Both Forgotten and By Myself will easily top these when they are added to the show (either at Download or before):
Session: 2308 days (6y 3m 2d) (March 25, 2003 - July 19, 2009)
Pushing Me Away (Studio Version): 2289 days (6y 3m 5d) (March 2, 2002 - June 7, 2008)

Anyway, playing before Linkin Park at this show will be Sublime With Rome, Kongos, Memphis May Fire, New Politics, Skaters, and Nico Vega.

A noteworthy thing about this show... the band has never started a touring cycle for an album in a year that has had other one-off shows in it (referring to Las Vegas and Los Angeles in January 2014). Obviously excluding Hybrid Theory since they changed their band name in 2000, the Meteora touring cycle began in February 2003, the Minutes To Midnight touring cycle began in March/April 2007, the A Thousand Suns touring cycle began in September 2010 (with no prior shows to it that year), and the Living Things touring cycle began in May 2012 (with no prior shows to it that year).

On May 30th, Linkin Park heads to Europe for nine shows to promote The Hunting Party. Download Festival is the last show of that tour and it all begins with Rock In Rio in Lisbon (just like 2012) on May 30th. Stay tuned for the webcast/broadcast information for that show, which is sure to be a blast.

The full 2014 touring schedule can be found here.

Who is excited for the first show?

EDIT: New setlist is up! The show page can be found here.

SETLIST:
01. The Catalyst/The Requiem (Mashup Intro)
02. Guilty All The Same (Live Debut)
03. Given Up (Ext. Outro w/ Extra Note)
04. Points Of Authority (2014 Intro)
05. One Step Closer (Ext. Outro)
06. Blackout (Shortened (Intro and Partial Outro Instrumental Only); Ext. Papercut Beat Outro Transition)
07. Papercut (Shortened (No Second Verse or Second Chorus))
08. With You (Shortened (No First Chorus or Second Verse))
09. Runaway (Shortened (Intro/First Verse/Chorus Only); Ext. Outro Transition w/ Wastelands Verse 1)
10. Wastelands (Live Debut)
11. Castle Of Glass (Experience Version; Piano Transition Outro)
12. LOATR/SOTD/Iridescent (Ballad Medley)
13. Robot Boy (Shortened (Intro, Synth Bridge, and Ending Instrumental Only))
14. Joe Solo Medley (w/ Victimized Remix, Buy Myself, Cure For The Itch, Session, Plc.4 Mie Hæd)
15. Burn It Down
16. Waiting For The End (Apaches Intro w/ Until It Breaks Verse 2; Wall Of Noise Outro)
17. Mike Solo Medley (w/ Joe) (w/ Wretches And Kings, Remember The Name, Skin To Bone Remix; Ext. Outro Transition)
18. Numb (Numb/Encore Intro/Outro + Verse 1 Guitar)
19. In The End
20. Faint (Ext. Outro)
21. Until It's Gone (Live Debut; Ext. The Catalyst + No More Sorrow Mashup Intro; Ext. Outro Transition)
22. A Light That Never Comes (Shortened (No Second Verse, Second Chorus, or Bridge))
23. Lost In The Echo (Shortened (No Second Verse or Second Chorus); Drum Outro)
24. Crawling (Shortened; w/ Faster Tempo)
25. New Divide (Shortened)
26. What I've Done (Ext. Guitar Solo Bridge)
27. Bleed It Out (Ext. Intro; Ext. Bridge w/ Drum Solo + The Catalyst Refrain; Ext. Ending)

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Theory: what if they play the entire HT at all the other shows too but they leave out one song, for example crawling to stay true to the Download deal

That would be the best thing ever...but I don't think they'll do that.

I also don't expect any other new songs apart from UIG and GATS.

I am super excited for this show. I can't wait to hear GATS and/or UIG live rips when they surface.. LP might even play some old songs or more songs from THP, who knows! The first show of a touring cycle is always very exciting.

No stream.

Rock In Rio will be streamed on May 30th. We'll post the info once we get it.

Oh, I wanted to watch that one ;)

I know Rock In Rio will be streamed but I won't need it since I'm going to the show :3 and by the way thank you for the fast reply B )

Edited by OldLinkinParkNew

No stream.

Rock In Rio will be streamed on May 30th. We'll post the info once we get it.

Epic. I loved watching Rock In Rio in 2008 and in 2012, it was great. At least that means we will have a HQ live performance of GATS & UIG and maybe more from THP. Not getting DSP's is going to suck this year more than it did last year because of all the new stuff going on.

Yes no DSPs is really bad here, especially with the rock sound of the new album. At least Rock In Rio will be webcasted/shown on TV. So a DVD from that show, Rock im Park might do the 8~ songs on TV again, Rock am Ring will have 3 songs on TV, and maybe the band releases Download as a full show. Download I'm sure will be recorded by fans and uploaded everywhere so we'll have something at least ASAP.

I feel we might hear a new song debuted live. I doubt we hear much but we will probably hear one more song of THP. Perfect place to debut it especially if they want to "realese more music before the album." If not, we might hear a rap verse from the album (maybe a rap verse from THP will replace Rakim's vers or be a WFTE intro).

Either way, Im excited to see what we get!

One question, do we know anyone from LPA/LPL going to the concert? Will it be easy to get the setlist information?

Or maybe a setlist picture will be posted somewhere like what usually happened the last couple years?

can anyobody who attend this show can take a few pics of the merch boots?

I'll attend Milan'show and I want to know what kind of T-Shirt and other stuff they've sell this time.

I'm expecting a great artwork with all the carnivores theme.

thank to everyone for the help

We don't know anyone going so we are assuming the setlist will be posted by someone after the show. I'll keep asking around for someone who is attending. Be on the look.

I have found someone who is going. LPA member "lordblood" will be at the show. He said he will record anything if they play anything new.

I asked him if he could tweet the setlist for us, let's see what he says

Still no info yet?

I hope Forgotten will be played more. It's the longest drought of any LP album song that has been played live.

The show is tomorrow, not today. We should get info tomorrow night :)

One of the LPA members is going to the show!

I totally misread it. Thought it was last night.

No worries :)

It's all good :)

However, the listening party is today so we should get news regardless Today :)

EDIT: Eliot from LPA is also going to the show! 2 LPA members! So setlist shouldn't be hard to obtain :)

Super excited for this show. The beginning of a brand new touring cycle! And that means we will get a new set for sure. I'm really hoping for a couple of HT songs (Forgotten, By Myself...) and a couple of songs from THP (GATS, UIG and maybe a third one). By the way, according to the KFMA website, LP will play at 8:15 local time.