2014.05.24 - Tucson, AZ - KFMA Day 2014

This is the most mixtape-ish setlist the band ever played, there are easily more than 35 songs/parts of songs in this set. But do you guys really thinks they're going to play something similar again? It's more like a presentation of "this is what we want to do in this touring cycle, you're going to get a piece of it in every show". "Regular" sets with some surprises here and there is most likely what they're going to play than entire tour with this kind of set.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the most mixtape-ish setlist the band ever played, there are easily more than 35 songs/parts of songs in this set. But do you guys really thinks they're going to play something similar again? It's more like a presentation of "this is what we want to do in this touring cycle, you're going to get a piece of it in every show". "Regular" sets with some surprises here and there is most likely what they're going to play than entire tour with this kind of set.

It takes a Long time.and hard.work.to create a set like this, I think that they will keep it.

Hopefully they will have more sets.

Listening to some more videos now, this show keeps getting better. the Robot Boy jam is awesome. Joe's solo is incredible, and the new intro to BID is pretty cool too. I still want to hear the new intro to POA.

Oh wow.

Now I'm thinking I'll do a Joe Solo Medley and a Mike Solo Medley entry into the setlist.

Blackout into Papercut is great.

Blackout: Shortened (Intro and Partial Bridge Only)

Robot Boy: Shortened (Intro, Synth Bridge, and Ending Only)

Papercut: No Second Verse or Second Chorus

With You: same as Papercut?

Runaway: Through First Chorus Only

Thoughts?

I guess, we need update setlist with all the elements of Joe's solo

I can't see official confirmation for webcast from lisboa :(

http://sic.sapo.pt/grelha/

Click on SIC Radical and then chose the right date.

The festival will be broadcasted in TV and the schedule matches the festival running order (http://rockinriolisboa.sapo.pt/en/cartaz/).

I think we will get a broadcast and since the last few years always had a stream I think we will get a stream as well.

"Instrumental only" or "No vocals" or something like that should also be added.

Edited by graveguard

Oh wow.

Now I'm thinking I'll do a Joe Solo Medley and a Mike Solo Medley entry into the setlist.

Blackout into Papercut is great.

Papercut: No Second Verse or Second Chorus

With You: same as Papercut?

Runaway: Through First Chorus Only

Thoughts?

Papercut no second verse, With You no second verse, therefore Chester screaming C'MON almost like he used to!

WOW, so good to hear that c'mon scream again!

Man With You into Runaway into Wastelands is great! Only wish that they played Runaway in full!

This set looks amazing on paper but if I was actually at a show all these short HT songs might Piss me off since I'd want to here them in full :D

If I was actually actually at the show instead of talking about what would actually happen, is probably be too hyped to care

That new solo for WID is utterly incredible. It's a shame Brad's lost most of his stage presence - imagine him pulling that shit out in like 2003.

Yep. Looks like he rather plays behind the stage rather on stage. His stage presence REALLY toned down over the years. But yea, they're getting older.

Mike is playing guitar at IN THE END :o :o :o That's new ^^

And i believe that such a setlist will only be for the european tour and the San Diego show, after this the new record is in stores and much more THP songs will be in the setlist.

but i really dont know what i think about this setlist! on the one hand i'm fucking excited to see LP again at Rock im Park next week, but on the other hand the half of the songs are shortened or only instrumental.... I'm very confused in my feelings xD

Edited by marzo23

Now that I saw most of the new things on youtube I just hope they keep all the awesomeness for the European festival shows.

Maybe add Forgotten and drop the Ballad medley ... but I guess that's too much to ask for ^_^

Also it seems like they're trying to challenge us: "Let's see if they find all songs we incorporated in out set" ;)

Latest incarnation of the setlist:

*01. The Catalyst/The Requiem (Mash-up intro)
*02. Guilty All the Same
*03. Given Up (w/extended outro)
04. Points of Authority (w/short extended intro)
*05. One Step Closer (w/extended outro)

*06. Papercut (shortened, w/Blackout instrumental intro)
*07. With You (Shortened)
*08. Runaway (shortened, transition outro w/Wastelands verse 1)
*09. Wastelands
*10. Castle of Glass (Experience version, piano transition outro)
*11. Ballad Medley (LOATR/SOTD/Iridescent)

*12. Robot Boy (Instrumental interlude)
*13. Joe Hahn Solo Medley (Victimized - Recharged/Session/Buy Myself Remix/Cure For the Itch/PLC.4 MIE HAED)
*13. Burn it Down
14. Waiting For the End (Until it Breaks intro, Wall of Noise outro)
*15. Hip-Hop Medley 2.0 (Wretches and Kings/Remember the Name/Skin to Bone - Recharged)
*16. Numb (w/Numb/Encore intro/outro and first verse guitar)
*17. In the End
18. Faint (w/extended outro)

*19. Until It's Gone (w/extended The Catalyst/No More Sorrow mash-up intro, extended transition outro)
20. A Light That Never Comes (shortened)
21. Lost in the Echo (shortened, drum outro)
22. Crawling (shortened)
23. New Divide (shortened)
*24. What I've Done (w/extended guitar solo bridge)
*25. Bleed it Out (w/drum solo and The Catalyst bridge)

In addition to the 2012 Numb/Encore outro and the new intro that actually samples Numb/Encore, Brad also played the Numb/Encore guitar part during the first verse of Numb. I also combined Blackout and Papercut since the Papercut beat is incorporated into the end of the Blackout part.

Still looking for videos of POA, WFTE, Faint, and ALTNC through New Divide.

Too bad there's no Victimized/Qwerty. But this setlist is incredible nevertheless.

One off topic question:

What made the band decide to compose songs with Drop D tuning instead of Drop D halfstep on this album?

This album? Dude, they haven't been using half-step down tuning with any kind of regularity since Minutes to Midnight (and even on that album, it was only used on about half the album). The only song on ATS/Living Things that's tuned down half a step is Powerless.

Edited by Astat

Astat I did a few things differently from what you listed. I'm adding more show notes and I'll add the Numb first verse guitar thing.

I added Blackout and Robot Boy for their own songs since they perform a good portion of those live. You're missing Ext Intro and Ext Ending on Bleed It Out. I put more info for Papercut, With You, and Runaway. Joe has his own solo medley and I figured I'd do the same for Mike. It'd make no sense to have one and not the other. I'll make sure to explain in the show notes. Check the page - that's the latest setlist I've used.

I don't know if I'm the only one who thinks that it's ridiculous that they're playing like 16 full songs? I mean, I get it that they want to change stuff and surprise people but I'd be pissed if my favorite band played 8 or 9 incomplete songs throughout a 90 minute set. I'm fine with them using transitions, but going from a shortened ALTNC to a shortened LITE to a shortened New Divide to a shortened Crawling? WTF.

I'm one of those people that want them to change their setlists every night but whenever I say that, I'm not thinking of a ton of incomplete songs.

Astat I did a few things differently from what you listed. I'm adding more show notes and I'll add the Numb first verse guitar thing.

I added Blackout and Robot Boy for their own songs since they perform a good portion of those live. You're missing Ext Intro and Ext Ending on Bleed It Out. I put more info for Papercut, With You, and Runaway. Joe has his own solo medley and I figured I'd do the same for Mike. It'd make no sense to have one and not the other. I'll make sure to explain in the show notes. Check the page - that's the latest setlist I've used.

Yeah, Robot Boy is a standalone thing so it should definitely be by itself. If you keep Blackout separate it just needs to have (w/Papercut beat outro transition) or something as a note. Bleed it Out's had the extended intro/outro for so long I just forgot to put them on there. :lol:

I'm torn on the "Mike Solo Medley" thing. On the one hand, it's consistent with the printed setlist, on the other hand, it's actually performed by Mike and Joe, while Joe's solo spot is truly a solo spot.